Arsenal Collapse

• Thread starter Thread starter colossus
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 5K
C

colossus

So in the space of roughly two weeks, Arsenal have not only lost to their biggest rivals embaressingly but have also lost two away games against two comparebley very weak teams without a glimer of hope.
Is their any hope of silverware for the Gunners this season?
Would you have done anything differently to Mr.Wenger?
What would your next steps be in January?

Look we all know how it works with Arsenal. All the board care about is making a profit and being successful. So until the board decide to stop being tight they won't win anything.

Look we all know how it works with Arsenal. All the board care about is making a profit and being successful. So until the board decide to stop being tight they won't win anything.

sort of shot yourself in the foot there, im glad the board care about being successful on and off the pitch

They will probably win the Carling Cup this year, although no one cares about the Mickey Mouse cup.

Hardly a collapse. Does Chelsea losing 3 games in a row count as a collapse? Not every team can be expected to win every game. If I remember correctly against Braga, Arsenal were without a few of their usual starters, weren't awarded a penalty and had two players carted of injured. I'd say it was a blip, just unlucky thats all. No need to worry. However if your an Aberdeen fan........that's a collapse! ;)

They will probably win the Carling Cup this year, although no one cares about the Mickey Mouse cup.

lol - changed your tune. Bet you weren't saying that when you won it..

i fink tht arsenal need to buy a decent keeper e.g shay given and a new central defenders cause koscienly and squallci rn't doing gd enuff u cud sign someone like gary cahill or phil jagielka as they have estabilshed themselves in the premier league !!!

If (/when) the debt of the other big teams in the prem takes major effect, then Arsenal being a more....thrifty team, then they should be top again. Plus with the young players they have they stand a good chance of having a great team in a few years

To be fair it's true, whether we win it or not, the Mickey Mouse cup is ****.

That being said, I don't think we'll win it despite being one of the 'favourites'.

i fink tht arsenal need to buy a decent keeper e.g shay given and a new central defenders cause koscienly and squallci rn't doing gd enuff u cud sign someone like gary cahill or phil jagielka as they have estabilshed themselves in the premier league !!!

I don't think we can just offload two defenders we bought in the Summer...What have you actually seen of them? They need to get used to the best league in the world but both have already put in a couple of more than solid performances. Kos was excellent against Liverpool, Squillaci has been consistent - defenders make mistakes as does everyone - they just need time.

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

Who cares? Arsenal suck anyways :P :P

Constructive comment hellrocker (Y)

Above you in the league =)

It's a poor cup in general though, might as well just be a reserves/youth game for big teams/prem teams.

And it's really nothing special to win it. It really is a poor cup with poor competition in general.

Last edited:
I think arsenal will win the league this season. Although anyone in the top 8 are in with a realistic chance. If RVP finds form and fabregas stays fit, The premiership could be docking in north london this season.. :)

See what i done there? :')

Good to see them not winning anything.

The last 50 years have been good watching you aswell mate. Except the carling cup. And yes it still is a **** cup and I couldnt care less if we win it. I want a proper trophy.

I don't think we can just offload two defenders we bought in the Summer...What have you actually seen of them? They need to get used to the best league in the world but both have already put in a couple of more than solid performances. Kos was excellent against Liverpool, Squillaci has been consistent - defenders make mistakes as does everyone - they just need time.

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

Constructive comment hellrocker (Y)

Above you in the league =)
Wenger wants to buy another defender in the January transfer window because of V5's injury

Wenger wants to buy another defender in the January transfer window because of V5's injury

No... He said he will have to think about buying a defender in Jan if TV5's injury doesn't look to be getting any better.

So in the space of roughly two weeks, Arsenal have not only lost to their biggest rivals embaressingly but have also lost two away games against two comparebley very weak teams without a glimer of hope.
Is their any hope of silverware for the Gunners this season?
Would you have done anything differently to Mr.Wenger?
What would your next steps be in January?

no and there was never any hopes of arsenal winning anything, as has been the case for a few years now,

Back