Arsenal Collapse

• Thread starter Thread starter colossus
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 5K
maybe shoestring was the wrong word.

i meant that we hardly spend in comparison to our rivals, and our net spend is very small.

sorry, didn't really proof read.

Yeah, you don't spend much on one player in particular, but you buy a few players for a decent price whch amounts for a fair bit, but your net spend s good as is Spurs'

Well take Koscielny for instance, he will never be good as he is the worst cb at the club

thats what i think you should have wrote CJACKO chelsea can have him for nothing if you want for back up to JT and ALEX

Last edited:
come on frank, shoestring budget? 8m on unkown koscielny, 10m on vermaelen, 15m on arshavin, 13m on nasri 10m on Walcott

Hardly call that shoestring.

Over how big a time though?

About £10m this year on Kosc and Squillaci

£10m last year on Vermaelen

£30m the year before on now brilliant Nasri and emergency Arshavin when we had no LW.

£10m on Walcott 5 years ago...

I think Wenger can spend what he likes almost, it's not as if we're poor. Just that Ivan Gazidis and co. prefer to pay off debts from the stadium etc. then to spend £100m + every year like Chelsea did, like Man City do.

thats what i think you should have wrote CJACKO chelsea can have him for nothing if you want for back up to JT and ALEX

What? Koscielny, the worst CB Arsenal have ever had? Give off; did you ever watch Igor Stepanovs?

Oh for..

Calum! That's the wrong attitude, he;s not even played half a season and your condemning him as the worst CB in Arsenal's history.

What? Koscielny, the worst CB Arsenal have ever had? Give off; did you ever watch Igor Stepanovs?

no but in my time since supporting them 2004- present he's the worst

This. Plus Martin Keown was just funny..

---------- Post added at 03:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 AM ----------

no but in my time since supporting them 2004- present he's the worst

Well than that isn't in the history of AFC. Silly boy.

Oh for..

Calum! That's the wrong attitude, he;s not even played half a season and your condemning him as the worst CB in Arsenal's history.

And he hasn't done that bad! Two sendings off but when I've watched him he's been in good form. It's a pity we've got 'fans' turning on our players :S

And he hasn't done that bad! Two sendings off but when I've watched him he's been in good form. It's a pity we've got 'fans' turning on our players :S

This. He was brilliant against Liverpool in particular.

I hope he turns it around as he was great in his first few games then fell away

Arsenal always fall away. It changes every calendar year. Does it change the attractive, successful football they play? No. If they just improve their clinical(ity) and continue to work hard I'm sure they will win the league soon. Wenger is so close, he is making one vital mistake one who he does not even know himself. When he gets it right can see Arsenal becoming a more consistent team.

First off, as a Liverpool fan, i keep having to defend my teams performance so far in the years EPL and last years 7th Finnish. So i find it appalling that a club fighting for the title year in, year out is being considers as a "collapsing" club

I ask you. Why do ye expect these players to give their blood, sweet and tears for results, when their own fans are turning on them? You're a called a FAN, start acting like one!! leave the criticisms to your rivals.

koscielny is the new Cygan

But all arsenal fans here lets face reality we not going to win we going to do what we have for the last 5 years which is we flirt with the title an then end of season are way off in 3rd

Ive got to be serious half that squad aren't title winners quality theres no pires,henry,bergkamps, vieira etc.. in that team. Closest we got was that season we had helb, flamini an co an then we let them all go an restarted again

koscielny is the new Cygan

:@ He's not, Cygan was utter ****. Kos is fine.

theres no pires,henry,bergkamps, vieira etc.. in that team.

Nasri = Pires. He's determined, quick, skilful, and he's still got years left in him. Nasri may soon overtake Bobby Pires in ability (in his prime, obviously). I'd like to say van Persie = Henry + Bergkamp, but Henry was more clinical and quick whilst RvP is arguably more powerful. We are still missing that Paddy Vieira type player.

Nasri = Pires. He's determined, quick, skilful, and he's still got years left in him. Nasri may soon overtake Bobby Pires in ability (in his prime, obviously). I'd like to say van Persie = Henry + Bergkamp, but Henry was more clinical and quick whilst RvP is arguably more powerful. We are still missing that Paddy Vieira type player.

I gota say maybe in time nasri will be pires hopefully cause atm his are best player.....but vp is no where near a 30 goal season striker epically when he only plays for holland really ... he hasn't got anything on henry or bergkamp.

Kos hasn't really been the kind of commanding defender we need i hope for this team to finally step up but i can't see it happening unless something like arsenal falling out off top four for wenger to think hey i got to bring in some exp quality players (GK..CB...ST)

I gota say maybe in time nasri will be pires hopefully cause atm his are best player.....but vp is no where near a 30 goal season striker epically when he only plays for holland really ... he hasn't got anything on henry or bergkamp.

Kos hasn't really been the kind of commanding defender we need i hope for this team to finally step up but i can't see it happening unless something like arsenal falling out off top four for wenger to think hey i got to bring in some exp quality players (GK..CB...ST)

Fair enough, I'd like to think though if van Persie could actually play 90% of fixtures (obviously excluding cup rotations) he can be a leading scorer in the league as he is quite powerful, strength-wise and mentally, he knows how to hit the target and hit the ball hard. Maybe in due time when his fitness has improved we'll see a lot 'refurbished' van Persie.

Yeah, you don't spend much on one player in particular, but you buy a few players for a decent price whch amounts for a fair bit, but your net spend s good as is Spurs'
I don't really know what you're to trying to say. Yes Spurs beat us, so did Newcastle, so did West Brom, but like those other teams Spurs are not better than us or really in the same bracket as us, so to compare our spending to yours really doesn't mean anything, if anything it means we're spending less than we should be. You should be comparing our spending to the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, no offence (but I'm sure some will be taken..).

Anywho, I'm not worried, we're 3 points off the league, we will qualify for the KO stages, this isn't really the time to talk about a "collapse". People need to focus on their own teams.

Whether we have what it takes to win the league is another matter. A massive influx of players this January will not help us. We need our current players to step up. I highly doubt buying a new keeper will help us now, the instability it would cause at the back would make it not worth it. Song needs to be more defensive, but on his day, he can do what Vieira did for us before. Koscielny, well the jury is still out on him for me.

@the french player issue, I'm guessing he prefers them because he knows more about them.

seems like it not just me that doesn't rate Koscelny as on SSN Charlie Nicolas Paul Merson and Phil Thomson all said he was not Arsenal class and we should have spent the cash on Cahill.

I cant say i disagree with them

seems like it not just me that doesn't rate Koscelny as on SSN Charlie Nicolas Paul Merson and Phil Thomson all said he was not Arsenal class and we should have spent the cash on Cahill.

I agree with you, but cahill would have cost nearly double the price of Koscielny?

Probably too much money for Wenger to spend on one player.

Koscielny is having a blinder today. Honestly we're not far into the season, he's still settling in, you need to cut him some slack. Possibly Cahill would have been better, possibly.

Also I really couldn't give two ***** what those guys on SSN say.

Back