Arsenal Collapse

• Thread starter Thread starter colossus
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 5K
typically I always have a soft spot for Arsenal as I live 5mins away from the Emirates Stadium, they would have won the league last season most probably if Fabregas had not broken his leg and RVP had been in full fitness and on form, tbh its not Arsenals fault really that their most profilic striker got injured for most of the season and if Drogba had been injured I doubt Chelsea would have won the title even though I like to think otherwise

no and there was never any hopes of arsenal winning anything, as has been the case for a few years now,

Unfortuantly Im inclined to agree with you, Wenger seems more concerned about beautiful football than results. The team doesnt know how to defend (esp when being countered), its a steroeotype, but we always try and walk in into the net, rarely does anyone just shoot from 18yards out...
And wenger doesnt replace players who leave, with players of a similar standard, the squad has been slowly getting weaker by the season, since the invincible year... Wenger sort it out, or get out.
Contraversial I know...

To be fair this is nothing new, Arsenal need a leader and an actual goalkeeper and then maybie they could win somthing. For me Arsene is a very stubborn French loving old man, don't get me wrong easily the 2nd best manager to manage in the PL but he signs the same type of players that all speak the same language and that isen't English.

Arsenal haven't been the same side since Vieira and Henry left and dare i say it even mad Jens.

Arsenal are a great passing side, and The best team to watch in th EPL without a doubt, But when it comes to winning trophys without Henry doesn't look good atm, French and Young players is what Arsene wants to win the league, Youngsters are good to slowly bring them into the squad likes of Wilshere & Ramsey. A GK is def needed.

The Carling is a mickey mouse cup but Man Utds achievement is a great one because its the boys that play it gives them the chance to prepare for a Cup final against usually is a side who doesn't win many trophys and are desperate to win it. It benefits the youngsters to prepare them for future at Manchester United when you hit the big games and go on to Win the bigger trophys as that will always be apart of Manchester United :D

final Comment: Its easy to say RVP not getting injured however RVP is always prone to injury so what is needed then ? You need someone who is able to back that up and I think Chamakh maybe the player to do that, however if hes scoring goals and then RVP is fit and he loses his place instantly how long do you think hes going to stay ?

Arsenal need to win a trophy and i don't mean the Emirates Cup, but i definatly mean the Carling Cup. The club on a whole has lost what it takes and what it feels to win a trophy and winning somthing like the Carling cup could spur the players and club on to do more.

I don't reckon a keeper need to be brought in January. Fabianski has been fantastic to date this season, I saw a stat the he is second only to Cech in terms of shots on goal to saves ratio (Think it was 83%). The main problem is the defensive line, we need a rock at the back, someone who can sit back all day long and clear any danger when it arrives. At the moment our defenders like to get too far forward and leave us exposed, if we get a really good defender, it allows the other defender to push forward without the threat of being burned on the counter. If the defensive line improves, I reckon we will see less mistakes from Fabianski as he is under less pressure.

Improve the defence and we will see an improvment all over.

Just a question here to Arsenal fans, does it do your head in that Wenger seems to prefer French players to any other nation?

Panic stations much? 1/3rd of the season has just been completed, Arsenal is what? a game behind? European football is a concern but they're still sitting pretty in their group to qualify for the next stage. It's a marathon not a sprint as they say. None of the teams are invincible, Utd can't win away, City is ridiculously inconsistent, Tottenham is still untested in terms of balancing commitments in Europe and domestically and still a little bit inconsistent. Chelsea much like Arsenal have had a poor run of form with key players missing.

If you want to talk collapse look at Everton for comparison, they've been playing pretty well (gimped strikers admittedly) but can't get a decent run of results going.

Seasons are so long, there are always moments of low shape and bad results.

Hardly a collapse, I think it's too soon to say so.

Fact is arsenal are weak at back an need some one at same level as Vermz cos without him clichy gets exposed if you notice alot of our goals conceded are form his side where arshavin doesnt bother an clichy cant get bailed out by verms.......A GOALKEEPER IS A MUST.....fabby an alumina are ******* jokes an are both just about 2nd or 3rd string

An this year we aint going to win anything i dont think at all ....you try to say its wengers fault u try tell me he was to blame for the spurs game had it under control then lost there bottle then braga team he put on pitch sud of easily beat that team .....But i think bendtner needs to go he thinks he amazing but reality is his a joke he has random games were he'll score. I also think we need another striker chamakh goes missing in the big games an vp just plays for holland

Just a question here to Arsenal fans, does it do your head in that Wenger seems to prefer French players to any other nation?

Not at all. If the players are good enough I couldn't give two ***** where they're from. Yes, even Wales. :)

Back on topic. Arsene has changed his ways since the early 00's when all he was interested in was winning cups with rock solid quality players - Patrick Vieira, Sol Campbell, Ray Parlour to name but a few. Now all he's wanting is 'gifted' youngsters. Okay, it's not all bad, but we need the experience to coincide with it.

We need a Vieira - Song isn't quite aggressive, brave and/or daring enough yet, but he'll get there I'm sure - a Thierry Henry - quick, prolific and injury-free, again, we have van Persie but he's never off the physio bench - and a David Seaman/Jens Lehmann - a loud and commanding keeper who can actually boast about their ability.

No. Because I'm not bigoted and know that most of our youth players are English/British anyway =)

---------- Post added at 03:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 AM ----------

Not at all. If the players are good enough I couldn't give two ***** where they're from. Yes, even Wales. :)

Back on topic. Arsene has changed his ways since the early 00's when all he was interested in was winning cups with rock solid quality players - Patrick Vieira, Sol Campbell, Ray Parlour to name but a few. Now all he's wanting is 'gifted' youngsters. Okay, it's not all bad, but we need the experience to coincide with it.

We need a Vieira - Song isn't quite aggressive, brave and/or daring enough yet, but he'll get there I'm sure - a Thierry Henry - quick, prolific and injury-free, again, we have van Persie but he's never off the physio bench - and a David Seaman/Jens Lehmann - a loud and commanding keeper who can actually boast about their ability.

Definitely agree with this.

This squad really doesn't need major investment, or a Chelsea-esque spending spree to get us to the top. I don't think it matters where the loud and commading player is on the pitch, as long as he exists. Also agree that we need experience, if we'd have signed Patrick Vieira again I think we could be doing a little better. OK he's not exactly the athlete he once was, but he's a leader, he's physical and he's experienced.

Can't wait for TV5 to come back!

No. Because I'm not bigoted and know that most of our youth players are English/British anyway =)

---------- Post added at 03:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 AM ----------

Definitely agree with this.

This squad really doesn't need major investment, or a Chelsea-esque spending spree to get us to the top. I don't think it matters where the loud and commading player is on the pitch, as long as he exists. Also agree that we need experience, if we'd have signed Patrick Vieira again I think we could be doing a little better. OK he's not exactly the athlete he once was, but he's a leader, he's physical and he's experienced.

Can't wait for TV5 to come back!

Im not a bigot either but it just seems as if he picks French players before anything else.

I wouldn't say were that far off tbh.

And i've mentioned this a few times. Even the biggest clubs in the country (which we are) have baron runs, so it's hardly that worrying. The league is more competitive and trophies are harder to win. That being said, it seems as if we have not existed or done anything for 5 years now right?!

Remember when Spurs finished 4th, they were celebrating as if it was a trophy, yet Arsenal continue to be in and around the title race on a shoestring budget is remarkable. As much as you question Wenger's mentality, there is no question he is the right man for the job.

So, as an Arsenal fan, no, im not too worried.

Im not a bigot either but it just seems as if he picks French players before anything else.

But why does it matter?

And i've mentioned this a few times. Even the biggest clubs in the country (which we are) have baron runs, so it's hardly that worrying. The league is more competitive and trophies are harder to win. That being said, it seems as if we have not existed or done anything for 5 years now right?!

Remember when Spurs finished 4th, they were celebrating as if it was a trophy, yet Arsenal continue to be in and around the title race on a shoestring budget is remarkable. As much as you question Wenger's mentality, there is no question he is the right man for the job.

Agreed. People forget that we only have to beat Partizan at Home to come top of the group if Braga beat Shakhtar and we can go top if we beat Aston Villa in the early kick off on Sat.

Although, 'not doing anything' includes Champions League Final, FA Cup Semi-Final, Champions League Semi-Final, and consistently getting to the CL Quarter finals. Arsenal aren't collapsing, the league is getting worse.

if there cheaper, and just as good, what's the matter?

Well take Koscielny for instance, yes he might be good in a year or 2 time but Arsenal have already been waiting 6years for a trophy is Koscielny and Squallaci really the right was yo go.

come on frank, shoestring budget? 8m on unkown koscielny, 10m on vermaelen, 15m on arshavin, 13m on nasri 10m on Walcott

Hardly call that shoestring.

You've got to have some experience in there. The youngsters are good but when they come under pressure all to often they buckle. 2 or 3 more experienced heads would do wonders for Arsenal I feel.

come on frank, shoestring budget? 8m on unkown koscielny, 10m on vermaelen, 15m on arshavin, 13m on nasri 10m on Walcott

Hardly call that shoestring.

maybe shoestring was the wrong word.

i meant that we hardly spend in comparison to our rivals, and our net spend is very small.

sorry, didn't really proof read.

Back