Arsenal - Finally got the elusive 38-0-0 without touchline instructions.

Tulaugu

Reaction score
Tulaugu here.

I've played managergames since CM 00-01 and have always done quite nicely. I am a guy that borrows a tactic from a decent tacticmaker and tweak it to my personal preferences. The same is true for FM15. I like to come up with a perfect plan before the match with the right type of player on the right position. If I want my tactic to respond differently to opponents I either put a different player in my starting 11 or do a well placed sub.
I will never do touchline instructions. Only the three talks I get each game.

Now I have finally done it. I did a 38-0-0 season (after a guy challanged me to do it because it should be impossible). This is season 2 with Arsenal. Season 1 you are still stuck with a few players you cannot sell because they arrived recently at the club. Season 2 is really my team.

View attachment 297432

I used quite a few players in a nice rotation. I pupousely didn't buy Balanta or Fierro. They are absurdly overpowered and cheap. I know, I do have Lucas Romero. His sickness is a bit of a discussion. Tho I have to say. All my young players are heavily trained and tutored. Even bought Kuyt, Cambiasso and Palombo in S1.
Here are some screens of my formation and players. Formation. Sorted Avarage Rating. Sorted Goals.

View attachment 297431View attachment 297430View attachment 297429

The weird thing is tho that I have dominated the competition like never before. I've got the top scorer in my squad (25 goals in 17 games) and I have an avarage of 62% possession. I do not have any player in the top 5 avarage rating. It's dominated by players from Man Utd. You know... that team that finished 2nd with 27 points less then I did. Unbelievable but true. Watch:

View attachment 297433

Time for S3 now. I am not sure what my goal should be. I've won the CL in S1 and S2 and I won all other cups. The guy that challanged me for the 38-0-0 game suggested that I should go for a totally unbeaten season. So also no losses and draws in CL and cups.

It's a possibility. I don't know if I can make that. But does somebody know other worthwile goals to go for? Maybe push a player for some award. I don't know.

Lastly I would like to make people aware of the following topic: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...254002-player-search-problem.html#post2555656

I have the same problem/bug. Hopefully somebody has a solution.

Thanks for reading and hopefully somebody knows a nice new challange for me.

Last edited:
a whole english arsenal squad

That is quite impossible. There are no good English DC's or DMC's next to Phil Jones that have an acceptable age. Maybe in about 4 seasons it will be possible with the flow of regens incoming.

This is a bit the big critique point IRL too. The English national team will win nothing because of the overflow of foreigners in their league even tho they have the strongest competition in the world.

That is quite impossible. There are no good English DC's or DMC's next to Phil Jones that have an acceptable age. Maybe in about 4 seasons it will be possible with the flow of regens incoming.

JOhn Stones from Everton and Steve Caulker from QPR are good DC. Not Phil Jones, but good.
Agreed about DMC - You can train Jack Wilshere or Jordan Henderson... But not World class DMC.

Just why? if your going to lie atleast make it realistic

Just why? if your going to lie atleast make it realistic

It's not a lie. There are no real good English DC and DMC's. Phil Jones is great. Stones is atleast very consistant, but his stats are sub par.

The other midfielders are good tho. JWP and Hughes could get you far.

It's not a lie. There are no real good English DC and DMC's. Phil Jones is great. Stones is atleast very consistant, but his stats are sub par.

The other midfielders are good tho. JWP and Hughes could get you far.

Show me screen shot of both your fixtures and your game status screen and then ill believe you

Show me screen shot of both your fixtures and your game status screen and then ill believe you

The guy that challanged me asked me about the game status too, so I've got that screenshot. He thought it was oke. Or in his words "seems legit".
How do you want me to shoot the fixtures? That whole list is not able to shoot in one screen. Or is there some compiled screen?

Game status:

View attachment 297279

I did lose and draw games. But not in the Premier League.

Upload your tactic?

It's already on this forum. I use the Lokito 2-3-4-1 Close Possession tactic.

I really like to use this tactic because it gives me a lot of room to change a game by putting more defensive orientated or offensive orientated players on the pitch.

Sometimes my 3 midfielders will be Phil Jones, Lucas Romero and Verratti. Against some smallball team it can be Hojbjerg, Verratti and Florenzi.

Makes it a whole other ballgame.

It's already on this forum. I use the Lokito 2-3-4-1 Close Possession tactic.

I really like to use this tactic because it gives me a lot of room to change a game by putting more defensive orientated or offensive orientated players on the pitch.

Sometimes my 3 midfielders will be Phil Jones, Lucas Romero and Verratti. Against some smallball team it can be Hojbjerg, Verratti and Florenzi.

Makes it a whole other ballgame.
Any links to tactic? Thanks

Just why? if your going to lie at least make it realistic

Mate, he has nothing to prove to anyone. Who exactly do you think you are popping in out of the blue and demanding people explain themselves to you. I frankly don't care if you don't believe him, you being cynical is your problem, not his.

Mate, he has nothing to prove to anyone. Who exactly do you think you are popping in out of the blue and demanding people explain themselves to you. I frankly don't care if you don't believe him, you being cynical is your problem, not his.

Thank you for your support or atleast for coming to my defense.
I do not have to prove myself to him, but if it keeps this topic more on topic by posting a screenshot I don't mind. I have got nothing to hide as a fellow junkie of this game.

Thank you for your support or atleast for coming to my defense.
I do not have to prove myself to him, but if it keeps this topic more on topic by posting a screenshot I don't mind. I have got nothing to hide as a fellow junkie of this game.

Not a bother mate, don't worry about it. Just annoyed me since this is the Discussion forum, not the tactic thread. You're posting a SS from your game and wanted to share the achievement. I don't blame you since 38-0-0 is a phenomenal feat.

If you'd posted in the tactics thread and wanted recognition and testers, I'd understand his criticism.

Please explain where i demanded... also i was stating an opinion if you don't like it f**k off

I dont get what you think he lied about? there being no good english CB's? What's his fixture list got to do with that?
Even if you saw his fixture and game status pics he could still have saved and loaded the game to get all wins,
but who the *** does that??

Saved 214 times...Dam thats alot o_O

Saved 214 times...Dam thats alot o_O

I've saved over 600 times, and even though I'm in 2022 it's still a lot. Then again, I've been playing the same save since beta and I've learned from previous games how not saving often can **** you over...

During the beta I probably saved every other day, also for being able to upload save games with bug reports. Too many times before I've not saved the game, progressed a couple weeks or even a month, only to have the game crash. So I prefer saving often rather than losing progress. For some reason I still get a crash report every time I quit the game, and it's been like that since probably around FM 12. So I don't really trust the game enough not to save it on a regular basis.

Besides, I heard that Jesus saves too.

I've saved over 600 times, and even though I'm in 2022 it's still a lot. Then again, I've been playing the same save since beta and I've learned from previous games how not saving often can **** you over...

During the beta I probably saved every other day, also for being able to upload save games with bug reports. Too many times before I've not saved the game, progressed a couple weeks or even a month, only to have the game crash. So I prefer saving often rather than losing progress. For some reason I still get a crash report every time I quit the game, and it's been like that since probably around FM 12. So I don't really trust the game enough not to save it on a regular basis.

Besides, I heard that Jesus saves too.

Im not saying that he has saved and reloaded to cheat or anything. It just seems extortionately high. Say on average 60 games a season, thats 120 over two seasons. So to have double that in saves just seems really odd to me, especially considering how long saving takes.