arsenal or liverpool?

• Thread starter Thread starter GUNNER500
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 3K

whos had the better season? liverpool or arsenal?

• arsenal

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • liverpool

Votes: 37 77.1%

• Total voters
im not jus saying this cos im a liverepool fan but the truth is liverpool have had the better season mainly because for the first time in god knows how long weve acctually been in the hunt for the title right untill the end arsenal have never been in it this year forget cup comps all the handbags have been thrown about that further up the post at the start of the season everyone was told to expect arsenal to be up there chasing the league and liverpool to be chasing 4th the truth is its the ****** other way around liverpool have made a real statement of intent this term and now it needs to carry over to next year for me thats why liverpool have had the better season but guess what comes next come on you gunners for today do us a favour lol

im not jus saying this cos im a liverepool fan but the truth is liverpool have had the better season mainly because for the first time in god knows how long weve acctually been in the hunt for the title right untill the end arsenal have never been in it this year forget cup comps all the handbags have been thrown about that further up the post at the start of the season everyone was told to expect arsenal to be up there chasing the league and liverpool to be chasing 4th the truth is its the ****** other way around liverpool have made a real statement of intent this term and now it needs to carry over to next year for me thats why liverpool have had the better season but guess what comes next come on you gunners for today do us a favour lol

i`d love if we were to help liverpool win the title today honest,and that would be great!

those wages are for 06/07 when did you buy torres n co? surely your wage bill would now be much higher?

Summer 07. But he took a paycut to come to fit into our budget... I'd imagine our wage bill will be higher but yours will have increased too. We'll see soon though when Deloittes release their latest figures. From what I know of Liverpool's budget this year, the wages we saved by selling Keane and loaning out Pennant and Voronin has funded the wage increases for those players Rafa has signed to new contracts this season.

Face it, Gunner. Your team nearly got owned by Aston Villa. You got beat 3-1 by Manchester United and you have a total of 1 good player (Fabregas). It just hasn't been your year.

hardly.... look at the points gap between arsenal and villa, i wouldnt call that nearly getting owned.

Not watched English football too much this season but from the little i have seen I'd have to say Liverpool

Lee hit the nail on the head. With a smaller budget than Arsenal have, Liverpool have pushed the Mancs til the end of the season in the league.

Don't think Arsenal have had a 'bad' season so much as suffered for Wenger's early insistence in following his philosophy and benefited fromr his willingness to change his mind. I have no problems with Arsenal or Wenger. I think Wenger has done a lot of good for the game and it's just his turn for the media to go headhunting him. I hope the real Arsenal supporters can give him a bit more time to get things right and that the numpty fans aren't herded into mass calls for his head.
liverpool have a bigger budget.

Benitez has spent more on players than Fergie, and amazingly 60 odd players have represented the Liverpool reserves this season.

Liverpool go for quantity over quality.
amazingly true. apart from the 60 thing sounds exaggerated.

liverpool have had better season. cup runs can be ended or prolonged by luck, teams having a bad game and the luck of the draw. their is no way to fluke yourself to second.

ok ok umm lpool or arsenal well both are **** so make no difrence

but in truth id say 50 50 lpool was top then flunked it ha ha wankers rafa wnt to talk about fact ok how many leagues he won in england 0 ferguson 11 so ok how many cups rafa won this yea 0 ferguson carling cup to are lpool in champions league no oh 1 more to ferguson sos core is 13 to ferguson 0 rafa ha well i give him clk 13 .1 feel free to correct me if i miss any more for rafa **** benitez ta

Last edited:
why do people have to write like a complete ******, Giggs could you please type in a language that resembles English

why do people have to write like a complete ******, Giggs could you please type in a language that resembles English

/signed i hate having to decipher someones attempt at English, i have friends in Germany that can write better English. And why oh why does it have to be interspersed with random swear words that are completely unnecessary.

Any back on topic, as a Liverpool fan and looking at the League competition in isolation I would say we had the better season, at the same time we did blow it for ourselves dropping a ridiculous amount of points in draws that we should have won, perhaps the game against Stoke at the start of the season was a precusor of what was to come. Anyway I think that bearing in mind Liverpool's title challenges have historically been over by Christmas, this year has at least provided some indication that Rafa has found some kind of balance within the team to build on next year.

I think the question could be who has had the most improved season and Liverpool have moved on (albeit only a little) from previous years where cup competitions were the only thing to look forward to in the second half of the season. Had it not been for some unfortunate draws and Man Utd proving they are class by overcoming the teams that we struggled against then the title may have gone to the red side of Merseyside. As it is Man Utd won it and congratualtions to them and their supporters, all i can say is roll on next season and see if we can replicate the good form that we have shown during the season and iron out the draws.

What?!@!@!@

if i was to say arsenal have had a better season than liverpool then i would be a lier.

but what you said there is completely clueless, how did we get owned by aston villa? we are clearly 10 points ahead of them and got the 4th spot in the bag ages ago...

YES we did get beat by man utd and yes they are the best club in the world atm so theres no shame in losing to them.

1 good player? fabregas hes been one of our shittest players this season...have you forgotten the likes of - clichy, arshavin, nasri, RVP, walcott, almunia?

you should think before you speak tbh.
you nearly got owned by the villa cus u never beat us this season we had 4 out of 6 points off you

Come the end of the season, that means nothing.

Everyone says that Arsenal's team lacks experience and go on and on about it...

Look at our squad. A low average age (I don't know the exact number) And the players we have are improving (Despite what everyone thinks).

Look at Alexandre Song, a season or two ago everyone, even Arsenal fans said he was ****. Now, he has a place in the Arsenal squad.

Theo Walcott - He joined Arsenal at the age of 17. And he had a huge reputation to live up to. One year after Walcott joined, Henry left and he was expected to pick up where he left off? What kind of a naive fan expects an 18 year old to take the place of arguably one of the greatest strikers of all time? People soon thought he was ****. But then, he scores a hat-trick against Croatia and everyone is back up his crack once more.

Two examples, of the players that Arsene has brought in that continue to improve. His policy has been criticized for years, even while he was winning trophies. I strongly believe that it would've worked and we'd be celebrating trophies if we hadn't lost some players (Flamini), and if some players had performed to the ability that they are capable of (Senderos).

/Rant.

you nearly got owned by the villa cus u never beat us this season we had 4 out of 6 points off you

owned?

4 points out of 6 who cares?

all because you were ahead of arsenal in 4th place most of the season doesnt mean arsenal got owned. It doesnt matter how good you start the season its the way you finish that matters? the premiership doesnt lie arsenal deserve to be where they are.

sorry to say but good try.

owned?

4 points out of 6 who cares?

all because you were ahead of arsenal in 4th place most of the season doesnt mean arsenal got owned. It doesnt matter how good you start the season its the way you finish that matters? the premiership doesnt lie arsenal deserve to be where they are.

sorry to say but good try.
how did u deserve to finish 4th u were lucky, arsenal are not even title conterders anymore your so behind man u, liverpool an chelsea. your in league B now were ur just tryin to hold on to the champions leauge spot from everton an aston villa ur just keepin it warm for us;)

how did u deserve to finish 4th u were lucky, arsenal are not even title conterders anymore your so behind man u, liverpool an chelsea. your in league B now were ur just tryin to hold on to the champions leauge spot from everton an aston villa ur just keepin it warm for us;)

Never..lol

We deserved fourth spot more than aston villa because we had a much stronger end to the season than villa where villa were struggling to get results and of course we finished a whole 10 points ahead of villa:)

i would agree with arsenal being lcuky abit but every team has a bit of luck in the season same with aston villa you lot have scraped few late winners this season.

Arsenal are not actually way behind man utd the difference us and them is the fact that their center backs are 'world class' ferdinand and vidic and can actually defend to save their lives compared to ours(gallas/toure) plus they got a little bit more experience

as soon as arsenal get their defending discipline then we will ruel theo WORLD hahaha:) lmao.

but man u didnt beat liverpool in the league an liverpool finished higher than you so that makes liverpool the champions

but man u didnt beat liverpool in the league an liverpool finished higher than you so that makes liverpool the champions
but we didn`t lose to liverpool in the prem so are we joint champions or iam i being silly?XD

Back