Arsenal raid Barcelona for new Spanish starlet

Typical Wenger, we need a goalie and he pinches a 16 year old dude from Barca. He's gonna be great tho.

The two aren't mutually exclusive, I'm sure you'll still end up getting a keeper. It's not like you have much time to waste when trying to sign up a 16 year old before he turns professional.

Spanish and Italian should change their **** rule if they want to protect youngsters being poached by other nation clubs. As per rule Arsenal did no wrong, but morally/ethically/gentlemen agreement this is wrong.

We too did the same with Macheda, Pogba, Petrucci. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone as Spanish, French clubs does the same by poaching small club, African, American youngsters.

Arsenal's deal for Barcelona whizkid Jon Miquel Toral Harper comes courtesy of Pep Guardiola's brother!

Pere Guardiola is Toral Harper's agent and RAC-1 says the English youngster will move to Arsenal for €350,000 in compensation.

A left-sided midfielder, Toral Harper has been with Barca for four seasons and is a Spain U16 international - but still qualifies for England thanks to his Mum.

It's been revealed Gunners boss Arsene Wenger also attempted to sign Toral Harper's teammate, Sergi Samper, in a double raid. But Samper has chosen to remain with Barca for now.

Fabregas to Barcelona for £30 million + Toral Harper?

No.

His face + how the picture is pixelated makes him look like something out of Pro Evo! :L

Plus I'm pretty sure it's Sergi Samper, not Torral Harper.

This. Stupid Sun newspaper.

Barca are unhappy and shout double standards, when it's their FA they should be moaning to. Arsenal has every LEGAL right to sign Toral because he hasn't signed a professional contract.

In fact, they approached Aneke and Afobe last year (both of whom ARE under contract) and signed a 14 YO Messi.

Toral is described as: "a two footed central midfielder who operates in a deep lying playmaking role, and shown to be adept defensively too" and here's a video (notice how he looks nothing like Sergi Samper)

http://bit.ly/gDhZd5

Oh, and just because I'm pretty angry at this as an AFC blogger, The Sun's "exclusive" was actually not an exclusive at all, but a rip off of Young Guns Blog's article the night before, courtesy of Spanish Radio station Rac1:

http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/02/arsenal-agree-deal-for-barcelonas-toral/

Last edited:
What he meant was that the pic in the OP is actually Sergi Samper not Torral.

Exactly. So how The Sun got it wrong is beyond me.

EDIT: ESPN even.. The Sun had an article up this morning which featured the wrong player, they've edited it I believe.

Exactly. So how The Sun got it wrong is beyond me.

EDIT: ESPN even.. The Sun had an article up this morning which featured the wrong player, they've edited it I believe.

Yeah, that's pretty pathetic how they can confuse the two.

We done the same thing for Pacheco. :D
They can't complain really, they do it all the time. Fabregas/Mascherano. EDIT - Go against the rules I mean.

As long as they're not breaking any rules, I don't see why they shouldn't.

And Arsene is an incredibly intelligent man when it comes to spotting young talent.

You're not quite understanding what I am saying.

We beat Barca 3-1.

We DRAW with Orient due to goalkeeping error,

Szczensy is good, i'll grant u that but we need either a backup or a world class goalie.

Szczensy was in goal vs Barca, Almunia was in vs Orient just to remind you

Think i've seen some highlights of this lad a few months ago though i'm not sure if it's the same player. Is he the defensive mid? If so then he seems quite a smart and pacey player who will certainly fit in at Arsenal.

News is that he refused Arsenal offer (If there was one).

Found this in Barca forum.

Arsène Wenger is delighted that highly rated teenager Jon Miquel Toral Harper is poised to join Arsenal in the summer.
The 16-year-old midfielder, whose mother is English, has been with the Barcelona academy but is set to move to Arsenal to pursue his career.
At his press conference on Friday Wenger stressed that such moves were common place throughout European football.
He said. “You forget that this boy is English. He has an English passport, his mother is English, and hopefully he will join us in the summer.

“We have done what is legal. I love Barcelona, I love Catalonia. I have nothing against them. But when a player who is half-English and half-Spanish wants to join us, why should we turn him down if it's all legal? If we have done something illegal, I will say ‘sorry, my boy, we cannot do it'. But plenty of players leave us under exactly the same rule.”

Source: http://bit.ly/gAqbYk