Arsenal raid Barcelona for new Spanish starlet

No.

This. Stupid Sun newspaper.

Barca are unhappy and shout double standards, when it's their FA they should be moaning to. Arsenal has every LEGAL right to sign Toral because he hasn't signed a professional contract.

In fact, they approached Aneke and Afobe last year (both of whom ARE under contract) and signed a 14 YO Messi.

Toral is described as: "a two footed central midfielder who operates in a deep lying playmaking role, and shown to be adept defensively too" and here's a video (notice how he looks nothing like Sergi Samper)

http://bit.ly/gDhZd5

Oh, and just because I'm pretty angry at this as an AFC blogger, The Sun's "exclusive" was actually not an exclusive at all, but a rip off of Young Guns Blog's article the night before, courtesy of Spanish Radio station Rac1:

http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/02/arsenal-agree-deal-for-barcelonas-toral/

i love it when pig ignorant arsenal fans spout about signing a 14 year old messi! do arsenal fans purposely and conveniently forget that barca paid all of messi's medical bills? and for his treatments?? which meant he was able to continue playing football?? again total pig ignorance!! for me i dont care much because for every player poached we produce ten starlets! and give it time and in about 6-8 years we will see toral begging to come back just like a certain cesc is now! i like arsenal's style of football and philosophy similar to barca's but for me they show no class in poaching like this!

---------- Post added at 03:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 AM ----------

As long as they're not breaking any rules, I don't see why they shouldn't.

And Arsene is an incredibly intelligent man when it comes to spotting young talent.

he isn't called le peado for nothing ;) lol ps what's wenger and gary glitetr got in common? they both like em young!

i love it when pig ignorant arsenal fans spout about signing a 14 year old messi! do arsenal fans purposely and conveniently forget that barca paid all of messi's medical bills? and for his treatments?? which meant he was able to continue playing football?? again total pig ignorance!! for me i dont care much because for every player poached we produce ten starlets! and give it time and in about 6-8 years we will see toral begging to come back just like a certain cesc is now! i like arsenal's style of football and philosophy similar to barca's but for me they show no class in poaching like this!

---------- Post added at 03:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 AM ----------

he isn't called le peado for nothing ;) lol ps what's wenger and gary glitetr got in common? they both like em young!
are you making a point or wumming? grow or move on. lots of clubs buy plenty of young players and invest a lot of money in them.

Hahahahahahaha. **** off.

----------------------------
We have done absolutely nothing wrong so Barca can't complain. Obviously angry that a player has chosen us over them. Also, with him being half-English we can say he has Arsenal DNA.

Hahahahahahaha. **** off.

----------------------------
We have done absolutely nothing wrong so Barca can't complain. Obviously angry that a player has chosen us over them. Also, with him being half-English we can say he has Arsenal DNA.
you just blew my infraction free day...

looks a good player, but he doesn't look THAT exciting...
could be said about a lot of young players. i remeber when everyone was talking abou henri lansbury, and wilshere was just pretty good. how things have changed

You're just a massive tool.

So what if Barca paid his medical bills? They still poached him..

And they tried to sign Afobe and Aneke from our Academy last year (That's two, under contract, foreign talents the same age as Toral is now).

He said he wanted to go to England a year ago. Instead of trying to convince him and give him playing time, they banned him from La Masia.

7 of Barca's Cadete A players are non-EU, 9 of their Cadete B players are non-EU - I think that shows more poaching than Arsenal have here, yet we have "no class". This is the side so far up their own ***, their moto is "mes que un club", they sign a multi-million pound deal with the Qatari foundation two weeks after their manager helps the country win a WC bid.

Huge hypocrites - read this: http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/02/hypocrisy-is-rife-as-barca-point-the-finger/

are you making a point or wumming? grow or move on. lots of clubs buy plenty of young players and invest a lot of money in them.

still never answered my question did u conveniently forget barca paid all of messi's medical expenses and for his treatments?? there is a huge difference we saw his talent we saw it mite not work out but we believed in his talent and paid for his exspenses your academy must eb soo poor as to raid other clubs! and also if he prefers teh £££££££££ over playing for one of the most successful clubs in the world if not eh best club in the world then good luck to him im sure he wil be pining for a move back like cesc is!

could be said about a lot of young players. i remeber when everyone was talking abou henri lansbury, and wilshere was just pretty good. how things have changed

I have ALWAYS rated Jack Wilshere... when he was 16, I was warning all my friends to watch out for him, Lansbury I never used to rate but he's destroying the championship! If people never used to rate Wilshere, they'd never seen him play.

still never answered my question did u conveniently forget barca paid all of messi's medical expenses and for his treatments?? there is a huge difference we saw his talent we saw it mite not work out but we believed in his talent and paid for his exspenses your academy must eb soo poor as to raid other clubs! and also if he prefers teh £££££££££ over playing for one of the most successful clubs in the world if not eh best club in the world then good luck to him im sure he wil be pining for a move back like cesc is!
actually i already knew that and answered your question.

stop trolling if you had bothered to read my post i told you that clubs spend a lot on their young players.

and im not an arsenal fan.....

Meh.

Poaching youngsters is something I don't agree with but like stated earlier in the thread, these countries need to sort out the contracts when it comes to signing on young players. Barca have a right to be ****** off and I'm sure Arsenal would be furious is Barcelona just went in and poached youngsters from there academy. It is very unfair on these foreign clubs who end up losing there best young players. It is a shame that this kind of thing is allowed.

Meh.

Poaching youngsters is something I don't agree with but like stated earlier in the thread, these countries need to sort out the contracts when it comes to signing on young players. Barca have a right to be ****** off and I'm sure Arsenal would be furious is Barcelona just went in and poached youngsters from there academy. It is very unfair on these foreign clubs who end up losing there best young players. It is a shame that this kind of thing is allowed.
it cuts both ways. barca and other clubs do it abroad to south american talent. but the rules need to change. for every young star, 20 fall by the wayside before their careers even start

And they tried to sign Afobe and Aneke from our Academy last year (That's two, under contract, foreign talents the same age as Toral is now).

He said he wanted to go to England a year ago. Instead of trying to convince him and give him playing time, they banned him from La Masia.

7 of Barca's Cadete A players are non-EU, 9 of their Cadete B players are non-EU - I think that shows more poaching than Arsenal have here, yet we have "no class". This is the side so far up their own ***, their moto is "mes que un club", they sign a multi-million pound deal with the Qatari foundation two weeks after their manager helps the country win a WC bid.

Huge hypocrites - read this: http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/02/hypocrisy-is-rife-as-barca-point-the-finger/

also barca NEVER poached messi, we struck a deal with newells old boys and paid them €2m for messi did u know barca give newells 25% of all messi's merchandising royalties to them still to this day!!

also i have doubts we tried for teh two arsenal kids because we cannot sign players under 18 to contracts!

---------- Post added at 04:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 AM ----------

Meh.

exactly personally i dont think clubs should be allowed to sign anyone under 18 from abroad its immorally wrong!

also barca NEVER poached messi, we struck a deal with newells old boys and paid them €2m for messi did u know barca give newells 25% of all messi's merchandising royalties to them still to this day!!

also i have doubts we tried for teh two arsenal kids because we cannot sign players under 18 to contracts!

---------- Post added at 04:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 AM ----------

exactly personally i dont think clubs should be allowed to sign anyone under 18 from abroad its immorally wrong!
edited you post. stop trolling and stick to the facts before you pick up another infraction.

Lots of clubs strike up future deals like that, effective like feeder clubs. Clubs liek newells tend to sell their young stars, and larger clubs often put finanical incentives in there to get first choice

Barca were the only club willing to pay his medical bills, it was his only choice if he wanted to stay in football.

Argentina and Brazil have tried to stop the poaching by introducing a rule where 16-18 cannot sign for another club. Now clubs get them from a younger age.

Barca were the only club willing to pay his medical bills, it was his only choice if he wanted to stay in football.

---------- Post added at 04:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 AM ----------

Argentina and Brazil have tried to stop the poaching by introducing a rule where 16-18 cannot sign for another club.
Barca still poached him, they were willing to pay to take the risk becuase they felt it was worth it when others didnt

lets just end this debate by all agreeing clubs shud no no longer sign players from abroad under 18!

lets just end this debate by all agreeing clubs shud no no longer sign players from abroad under 18!

Or not, as this forum is for discussing. And while I do agree (a little bit) with the signing no under 18's from abroad, good luck going to the FIFA...

Looks like you are half arsed Barca fan.
Poaching is not only done by English clubs, it is also done by every club in the world. English clubs cant help if there is loop hole in Spanish FA rules.

How did Messi turn up at Barca, yes you paid Medical bills. So what. He was from other academy. In the same way Arsenal will bare this Kid's development charges.

How did Iniesta join Barca academy? You should be knowing he played for other academy too.

Even Puyol, PEdro all were poached from other academy.

Ok. How did Mexican kids join Barca academy, Dos Santos brothers. I'm sure they were not born catalans, you poached them from other academies.

Oh, your Next Xavi, Thiago was poached from some Brazilian club.

Dont preach anyone about ethics. Your FA has loop holes which we use them. English clubs lose talents coz of Work permits, so in the end it all evens out.

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

All these players were signed/poached from other academies. I have included only first team players and bright prospects from B team
Valdes
Iniesta
Jeffren
Biscuits
Pedro

Bartra
Thiago
Oriol Romeu
Marc Muniesa
Jonathan dos Santos