Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Dennis Bergkamp

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • None of the above

Votes: 10 21.3%

• Total voters

sgebenga

Reaction score
20th August: 11am. Drinking a coffee in my flat while reading the back page of the sun.......It read.....
n2gzgk.png

20th August 2009

Shocking: Wenger Quits!

wengerupset.jpg

There was confusion and upset at the Emirates today as Arsene Wenger decided to retire from his role as manager at Arsenal today due to bad heart conditions and high blood-pressure..

Fans were shocked and dissapointed today as they heard the news and cards and flowers have been sent to his house to wish him a great farewell and also wish him well. Arsene Wenger who arrived at Arsenal in 1996 managed to win 3 Premier league titles with Arsenal and a succession of F.A Cups and the League Cup also. He is undoubtedly one of the best managers ever in the world, having acheived a lot at Arsenal and also invented a very fluid and attractive style of football.
trophy.jpg

Ars-ne-Wenger-001.jpg

Arsene Wenger stated that he loved the club but the doctors had said that if he was to remain in good health condition he would have to pull out football and all things that require excessive thinking. He also expressed his deep love for Arsenal and promised the fans he will not be gone and will work as hard as he can to help out in the developments of the club and foresee the bright future that Arsenal holds.

wengerferguson595.jpg

His biggest English Premier League rival Sir Alex Fergusson (left above) said:

"Its devastating to hear such news. I know Wenger and I know he has an undying passion for football. It must have been a very tough decision for him to pull out and leave behind all the work he has done at Arsenal. Arsenal would be nothing without him. My deepest condolences go out to him and his family. Its a shock to hear such news."

Now the Question is who is going to take over as Arsenal manager since Wenger has decided to pull out.?
Will this new manager continue with the Arsenal policy of youth players and staying under the transfer budget?
Arsenal legends; Pat Rice, Tony Adams and Denis Bergkamp are the ones likely to take up the managerial position while others have been talking of maybe seeing Jose Mourinho take over. However Arsenal still have not stated who they are planning to replace Arsene Wenger yet.

tonyadams.jpg

Tony Adams (above) is the favourite to take over the Job at Arsenal and has previously declared interest in managing a club that is very close to his heart.

.......As a die hard Arsenal fan it broke my heart that one of my icons was leaving the club. I sat and wondered whether I should apply for the position and whether I had a chance at even getting the post. Arsene had been a close mentor of mine. And I had learnt a lot from him. Still I wondered. I just feared to take the responsibility and then end up leaving my favourite club in trouble and maybe in relegation place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pat Rice - a very wise man and an expert in the tactical field. Good luck, I shall keep up to date.

i've got a save with arsenal going, just finished my first season - won EPL and champions league. :)

I hope I do so too. Maybe you could be a help somehow during my season. I intend to take this very seriously. you could be the manager's friend who is constantly giving tips. :)

I hope I do so too. Maybe you could be a help somehow during my season. I intend to take this very seriously. you could be the manager's friend who is constantly giving tips. :)

;) are you on the 10.3 patch?

If this happened irl,I wouldn't be surprised.

Good luck anywho.

n2gzgk.png

Dr Vundla also in the picture

Mr.jpg

By James Cook
Published: 28st August 2009

Arsene Wenger's decision to retire from football has shocked the world and has brought great chaos in the Arsenal backroom. Decision on who will take up the role as Arsenal manager is still unclear.

There were reports of maybe Tony Adams, the former Arsenal skipper taking over and the fans have been screaming at the board with the Arsenal Fc football forums saying they want Pat Rice to take over.
Pat Rice has refused to take up the managerial post as he felt it wasnt for him but he has stated that he will take control of things until a replacement has been found and was willing to continue serving the club.

A fan outside the Emirates said, " Who is this Vundla person? We have only seen him helping out in the training session. We are a huge club and Wenger has done a lot to get this club up here. The least we want is an inexperienced manager bringing us down. I would rather have Pat ( Rice), or maybe Mourinho taking over. We want Silverware!"

Whereas another one said " I cannot imagine Arsenal without Arsene. Just when we had our hopes up. Something bad happens. I do feel sorry for him and his family though. Devastating news. Absolutely shocking. Maybe Pat could do a good job for us since he has worked with the man all this while."

Mike, a user from www.fm-base.co.uk said, "
Pat Rice - a very wise man and an expert in the tactical field"

Reports today from an inside source within the Arsenal football club has stated that they are looking to Dr Vundla to replace Wenger as manager of Arsenal. Dr Vundla (26) has spent 5 years under the tuition of Arsene Wenger, also coaching the Rushden & Diamond under 18's team but most peole are totally against this decision.

Dr Vundla is apparently a dedicated Arsenal fan but his lack of experience and also his age could be a stumbling block to see him come in as manager. An Arsenal favourite clearley stated " He is too young."
The question is who do you think will be the next Arsenal Manager?
In a recent Poll held on the arsenal website, this is how the results came out for who should replace Arsene Wenger:
Tony Adams 0%
Pat Rice 36.84%
Jose Mourinho 31.58%
Dennis Bergkamp 26.32%
Dr Vundla 5.26%

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
btn-back-to-top.gif
dy4qd5.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
cheers tommo. its my first ever story but im gonna put a lot of effort into it. Thanks a lot mate. nice avatar by the way lol

lol i shouldent really be following where its arsenal but i like reading prem ones so

Nice story and layout! Hope you go far (did it have to be arsenal?) lol