ARSENAL - The Road to Dominance

MY Targets for Season 1
- Finish in the Champions League Spots ahead of Spurs/ Chelsea
- Sign at least 3 under 19 players with good potential
- Get rid of RVP for at least £25million
- Reach the Champions League quarter-finals
- Win either the FA Cup/ Capital One Cup

My Targets for Season 2
- Challenge for the title (1st/2nd placed finish)
- Reach the Champions League semi-finals
- Integrate the under 19 signings into the first team
- Clear out the dead wood in the team and replace with young talent
- Retain any domestic trophies won

My Targets for Season 3
- Win the league
- Win both domestic competitions
- Reach the Champions League Final
- One of the under 19s to win Young Player/ Player of the Year

BEYOND... Dominate club football with a young, talented squad.

I am aware there are lots of Arsenal stories @ the moment, but this is a long term save focusing on the club, not the clubs recent predicament regarding RVP, Wenger, 7 years, etc.

Signings in before 22nd of July 2011
Robbie COTTON - £2.1m from Blackburn (U19)
Carlos FIERRO - £1.3M from Chivas U20s (U19)
M'baye NIANG - £3m from Stade Caen Malhberne (U19)
Demba BA - £7m from Newcastle
Ryan SHAWCROSS - £14m from Stoke City

Players out before 22nd July 2011

Abou DIABY- Loan to Marseille, loan fee £1.4m, future fee £4m
Nicklas BENDTNER - Loan to Paris Saint-Germain, future fee £7m
Ryo MYAICHI - Loan to FC Lorient (Feeder Club)
Sanchez WATT - Loan to Nottingham Forest, fee £140k

PRE SEASON RESULTS SO FAR
BRADFORD 0-2 ARSENAL
ARTETA, VAN PERSIE

Like, comments all appreciated, if there is sufficient interest this will become a long-term story, hopefully similar to that of Jake_gtfc_Burrows' stoke save and KLIPPY's Basqueing with Bilbao.
Any more wonderkids??

if you have money to spend iker muniain... if not joel valencia amazing winger when trained for that role aged 16 and bout for around £2m compensation from zaragoza, emre can a great prospect for future holding midfield role, yaya sanogo is good also but most know of him... joel valencia is my fave player on game develops amazingly well with right tutors and substitute appearances... Hope that helps a little, as for gk ofcourse alphonse areola...

cheers, tht helps, i have about 9 mil left so I don't have enough for munain, i'll try for valencia, also I was thinking ter Stegen for GK but I'll have a look at areola :)

AUGUST REVIEW

BPL MATCH 1
ARSENAL 2-0 WIGAN
PODOLSKI, VERMAELEN
MOTM: Mikel Arteta
View attachment 258956

UEFA CL Best Placed Playoff 1st Leg
Arsenal 5-2 Borussia M'Gladbach
PODOLSKI, VAN PERSIE (2), MERTESACKER, WALCOTT
View attachment 258966

BPL MATCH 2
Fulham 0-1 Arsenal
PODOLSKI
View attachment 258969

UEFA CL Best Placed Playoff 2nd Leg
Borussia M'Gladbach 0-0 Arsenal
MOTM: Andre Santos
View attachment 258971

BPL MATCH 3
Arsenal 5-0 Stoke
Gibbs, Vermaelen, Van Persie, Podolski, Ramsey
MOTM: Lukas Podolski
View attachment 258972

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
LUKAS PODOLSKI
View attachment 258973

MY VIEW: We've had a very good month, qualifying for Champions League group stages and we are top of league with 3 wins out of three, including that dominating win over Stoke. There are only good signs so far.

TRANSFER ROUNDUP:

View attachment 258974
Fierro isn't on there, however this is because he is joining on the 24.7.12 as Chivas waned him for one more season. I am certainly looking toward the future after securing Areola, Niang, Cuenca and Cotton. I have sent out alot of players to gain experience and hopefully I can offload Bendtner and Diaby at the end of their loan spells. It doesn't say on the screenie, but Fabianski went to Real Madrid and Squillaci went on loan to our feeder club Lorient

Comments and feedback are appreciated, cheers guys.​

Last edited:
Are you going to try and sell RVP right now or in the January transfer window? Looks an interesting story and you have some great prospects there.

Are you going to try and sell RVP right now or in the January transfer window? Looks an interesting story and you have some great prospects there.
gonna wait until January because then hopefully Giroud and Ba would have settled in. Cheer I'm hoping to do this long term to see fierro, cotton and niang develop because I'm hopeful that Fierro and Niang will become the best strike partnership in the league. Cheers for the comment, keep following.

SEPTEMBER

BPL MATCH 4
Sunderland 1-1 Arsenal
SHAWCROSS
MOTM: Ryan Shawcross
View attachment 259088

UEFA CL GROUP F
ARSENAL 2-3 SCHALKE
OG, PODOLSKI
MOTM: Podolski

View attachment 259089

BPL MATCH 5
ARSENAL 4-1 ASTON VILLA
vAN PERSIE (2), PODOLSKI, OG
MOTM: Robin van Persie
View attachment 259090

C1C ROUND 3
COVENTRY 0-2 ARSENAL
ARSHAVIN, BA
MOTM: Demba Ba
View attachment 259091

BPL MATCH 6
CHELSEA 1-2 ARSENAL
PODOLSKI, ARTETA
View attachment 259092

UEFA CL GROUP F
JUVENTUS 2-3 ARSENAL
SONG (2), vAN PERSIE
I am going to have to actually give a report for this match because, oh my god, what a game. They were 2-0 up, but 2 men down, after 84 minutes, Alex Song latched onto a cross from Theo Walcott to pull one back. He headed in Van Persie's corner after 88 minutes. In the last minute of stoppage time, Van Persie let fly with a thumping shot, right into the top corner, to complete an amazing comeback on Juve's own stomping ground. This shows that not only do my team have ability, they have passion and determination. Song was the man of the match for a tireless performance in midfield and his two vital goals.
View attachment 259093

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ROBIN VAN PERSIE
View attachment 259095
He has constantly been scoring, including that vital winner against Juve in the Champions League. Well done, Judas.

MY VIEW: Another good month, I was worried that after the bad results against Sunderland and Schalke that we were about to begin a bad run, but we replied with good wins against Villa, Chelsea and Juventus. Another good month at the top of the league.

You bought Shawcross? How did the fans take it?

You bought Shawcross? How did the fans take it?
They didn't really react to be honest, there was nothing about it in the fan or board confidence, so no problems there. he's proved to be a good buy, average rating is 7.33

OCTOBER

BPL MATCH 7
ARSENAL 4-0 MAN UTD
BA (2), SHAWCROSS, VAN PERSIE
View attachment 259125
BPL MATCH 8
LIVERPOOL 1-0 ARSENAL
View attachment 259126

UEFA CL GROUP F
ARSENAL 5-0 VASLUI
RAMSEY, CHAMAHK, WILSHERE, WALCOTT, OG
MOTM: Aaron Ramsey
View attachment 259128

BPL MATCH 9
SWANSEA 0-1 ARSENAL
BA
View attachment 259129

C1C ROUND 4
LEEDS 0-2 ARSENAL
SONG, NIANG
MOTM: M'Baye Niang
View attachment 259130

BPL MATCH 10
ARSENAL 1-0 NORWICH
PODOLSKI
MOTM: Lukas Podolski
View attachment 259137

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DEMBA BA
View attachment 259139

Consistently popping up with great goals and assists. A great start to his Gunners career.

My view: Another good month, but it was disappointing to lose our first league game. However, it was at Anfield, a place where many teams have been beat, so I wasn't too hard on the lads. We have recahed the Capital One Cup quarter final, which looks very promising in terms of winning our first trophy for 7 years. Ba and Podolski have settled in terrifically, and it looks like we are ready for life without RVP.

this looks like a great story man, keep it up, liked your signing of Ba, he' awesome when he's a lone striker KIU

this looks like a great story man, keep it up, liked your signing of Ba, he' awesome when he's a lone striker KIU
cheers mate, glad someone is following the story, I've only had like 3 comments, keep following ! :7)

I have signed Cotton before but never been able to develop him properly - Completely forgot about Fierro - methinks an enquiry will be made in my Newcastle save!

I have signed Cotton before but never been able to develop him properly - Completely forgot about Fierro - methinks an enquiry will be made in my Newcastle save!
cheers for the comment, and yeah I'm about to sign a regen called olivier mathieu, he's got a great rating, maybe the next aitor? lol, and I'm determined to make Cotton into a better version of arshavin and sell him for about 30 million. keep follwing and cheers for the comment again :D

I'm gonna start a city story if anyone's interested, my first on FM Base

sorry about the lack of updates guys, been very busy lately, next update very soon!

NOVEMBER

UCL GROUP F
FC VASLUI 0-1 ARSENAL
BA

BPL MATCH 11
SOUTHAMPTON 3-2 ARSENAL
OG, PODOLSKI
MOTM: Aaron Ramsey

BPL MATCH 12
ARSENAL 2-0 READING
WALCOTT, VERMAELEN
MOTM: Thomas Vermaelen

UCL GROUP F
SCHALKE 0-3 ARSENAL
ROSICKY, ARSHAVIN, GIROUD (!)
MOTM: Andrei Arshavin

BPL MATCH 13
WEST HAM 0-2 ARSENAL
SHAWCROSS, PODOLSKI

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
Mikel Arteta
View attachment 259639

Won BPL Player of the Month, so couldn't really turn him down. Also, has got 14 assists already this season. My runner up is Olivier Giroud, purely for getting his 1st goal for us.

MY VIEW: Although the loss to Southampton was annoying, we have comeback well and sealed qualification from the UCL group stages with a game in hand. We are second, just 2 points behind leaders United, but only 1 point clear of 3rd placed Chelsea and 4 points off 4th placed City, so we can't afford a slip up.

next update will be up soon, btw please like this if you are following so I know there is point in carrying on.