Arsenal v Newcastle (1330 GMT)

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 55
  • Views Views 2K
Bollocks he was. He's about 5 yards from the touchline and about 30 yards out, with Squillaci covering, who gets into the area about half a second after Koscielny "pulls back" Ranger, who makes the most of it to say the least.

Even if Koscielny was the last man (which he wasn't) - How was it a goalscoring opportunity? He wouldn't be one on one, and it's 30 yards out.

Still, didn't make a difference and we should have been much better.

Pretty much what DMF said :)

He was the last man. Ranger and Koscielny were ahead of everyone, Ranger is racing clear and would be one on one had he not been hauled back. He's 30 yards out, but would have run into the open space. Squillaci was on the half way line behind Ranger and Koscielny, so for me it was the correct decision, but as you say it didn't make much difference.

He was the last man. Ranger and Koscielny were ahead of everyone, Ranger is racing clear and would be one on one had he not been hauled back. He's 30 yards out, but would have run into the open space. Squillaci was on the half way line behind Ranger and Koscielny, so for me it was the correct decision, but as you say it didn't make much difference.

OK not sure who it was, but someone right by the area to receive Koscielny's pass after he "fouls" Ranger - Who, as I said made the most of it.

Surely if he's 30 yards out, then its not a clear goalscoring opp?

I'm going to stop arguing about this, there's no point, I'm generally just ****** off at how we played.

End of the day, we won.

Deserve it or not, it happened.

And it's ****** fantastic.

OK not sure who it was, but someone right by the area to receive Koscielny's pass after he "fouls" Ranger - Who, as I said made the most of it.

Surely if he's 30 yards out, then its not a clear goalscoring opp?

I'm going to stop arguing about this, there's no point, I'm generally just ****** off at how we played.

Pretty sure that was Fabianski.. anyway like you said it doesn't matter anyway.

End of the day, we won.

Deserve it or not, it happened.

And it's ****** fantastic.

True. You defended very well, but we didn't do well enough against a team we really should be beating fairly comfortably, especially at Home (no offence) and Fabregas was just really poor.

Newcastle didn't really have any tactics to get right or wrong, from what I saw it was just the classic "Defend deep, two banks of four, get tight, man mark, (time waste)" But you did it well, and deserved to draw the way we played. Krul made one good save and wasn't tested other than that.

I think you literally had one shot on target..

True. You defended very well, but we didn't do well enough against a team we really should be beating fairly comfortably, especially at Home (no offence) and Fabregas was just really poor.

Newcastle didn't really have any tactics to get right or wrong, from what I saw it was just the classic "Defend deep, two banks of four, get tight, man mark, (time waste)" But you did it well, and deserved to draw the way we played. Krul made one good save and wasn't tested other than that.

I think you literally had one shot on target..

Obviously you should in theory, win 2 or 3-0. But, we took our only chance of the game. Our tactics may have been less than pretty, but we got the three points.

It was a case of taking chances. If it wasn't for Fabianski, I reckon you'd have won that game.

Is this the second time Koscielny's been sent off in the first half of his debut season? He's racking them up quickly.

Obviously you should in theory, win 2 or 3-0. But, we took our only chance of the game. Our tactics may have been less than pretty, but we got the three points.

It was a case of taking chances. If it wasn't for Fabianski, I reckon you'd have won that game.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not suggesting you played long ball and kicked us into submission, just that your tactics were fairly simple and even when you scored, Wenger didn't make any tactical changes and we didn't really look bothered.

Your tactics worked, and I don't think it was even a chance until Fabianski made the mistake, just a regular FK without any particular danger, Fabianski still seems keen on having his starting position on the edge of his 6 yard box, not on his line, which I don't understand - If you can't punch/catch, then don't try?

---------- Post added at 02:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 AM ----------

Is this the second time Koscielny's been sent off in the first half of his debut season? He's racking them up quickly.

Misread it so was about to post about it being in the 2nd half of the game.

But yeah. Two dubious sending offs in his debut season. Not worried at all about it tbh, he's not a dirty player, but he does make mistakes and his decision making isn't as good as it should be. He impressed me early on vs Liverpool etc. but hasn't been great since.

Fabianski made a mistake (shock horror) which let Newc get a goal, which they deserved. They defended well, didnt let Arsenal play and punished the defensive mistake.
Arsenal just didnt play well enough for the 3 points no where near clinical with the chances they created, I have to give credit to newcastle, they had 1 chance and took it.
and although Kons was the last man, I did think Ranger made the most of it. A red was harsh, but it had little effect on the game.

Disappointing result, especially as the goal came from a Fabianski error. Little unlucky to hit the bar twice, but they didn't play well overall. Newcastle defended really well and deserved it in the end.

Fabianski made a mistake (shock horror) which let Newc get a goal, which they deserved. They defended well, didnt let Arsenal play and punished the defensive mistake.
Arsenal just didnt play well enough for the 3 points no where near clinical with the chances they created, I have to give credit to newcastle, they had 1 chance and took it.
and although Kons was the last man, I did think Ranger made the most of it. A red was harsh, but it had little effect on the game.

Don't think they deserved a goal tbh.

But I'm going to stop being a miserable git now and move on :)

At least this made my day worth getting out of bed for. Does anyone else think that Tiote had a excellent game, i really like the lad he seems to have everything in his locker. Also really impressed with Barton today, his long range passing was faultless. And of corse Carrolls workrate is immense keep playing like this and i would welcome him as Chelsea's number 9.

I'm just going to pretend this didn't happen, at the end of they day, we're still 5 points behind Chelsea :)

At least this made my day worth getting out of bed for. Does anyone else think that Tiote had a excellent game, i really like the lad he seems to have everything in his locker. Also really impressed with Barton today, his long range passing was faultless. And of corse Carrolls workrate is immense keep playing like this and i would welcome him as Chelsea's number 9.

Don't think he would ever join Chelsea or any other clubs, never. Anyway great win for us and well done to all the players! :D

Tiote has looked very impressive all season. Also, I have to admit that I've criticized Ameobi a **** of a lot but he looks a rejuvunated player.

A huge upset. Hope Newcastle can keep their form now. If they manage to be consistent at home, I can clearly see them contending for Europe this season.

Back