Arsenal v. Wolves, 12 Feb, 3PM GMT

Joss

Reaction score
Arsenal v Wolves

dxUDR.png
v
CFHw4.png

There’s no escaping the disappointment of letting a 4-0 half-time lead slip but it was certainly tempered by Man United’s loss to Wolves. Though some may see it as an opportunity missed, the more optimistic will point out that the gap to the top is now one point less than it was. With the Manchester derby this weekend, at least one of Arsenal’s title rivals will be dropping points, so there’s an opportunity to close the gap above or create one below.

Having just beaten United, Wolves will come to Emirates Stadium with an injection of confidence and, although they were beaten 2-0 in the reverse fixture at Molineux, they were far from outclassed in that game. Arsenal’s win that day had as much to do with Lukasz Fabianski’s goalkeeping as it did Marouane Chamakh’s finishing.

Mick McCarthy’s side have had something of a knack of beating the bigger teams this season, with wins over Chelsea, Liverpool and both Manchester teams. However, only one of those wins was away from home and that was at Anfield when Liverpool were probably at their worst. As scrappy as they’ve been in nearly all their contests this season, away from home they’ve picked up just four points from 12 games, scoring a Premier League low of nine goals. They’ve also failed to string two consecutive wins together all season.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-v-wolves-paddy-power-s-preview

Arsenal midfielder Abou Diaby begins a three-match suspension following his sending off at Newcastle last weekend.

Alex Song and Johan Djourou should both overcome injuries, but Tomas Rosicky is out with a groin problem.

Wolves manager Mick McCarthy could field the starting XI that ended Manchester United's unbeaten record.

Loan signing Jamie O'Hara is likely to retain his place, although Stephen Hunt could overcome a calf strain in time to return to the squad.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/9391038.stm

Arsenal-v-Wolverhampton-W-001.jpg

Coverage:

Watch highlights on Match of the Day; listen on BBC Radio 5 live and local radio; text commentary on BBC Sport website and Guardian website.

Read the tactical analysis post-game at http://www.arsenalreport.com/

Last edited:
We'll probably begin to crumble any day now so I wouldn't be too surprised if we lost this, though since we're at Home and I'm attempting to keep the faith: I'll go with a 3-1 Arsenal win for my prediction. RVP to score a brace.

Hopefully it will be a 3-1 win

RVP RVP RVP

K. DOYLE

I'm going for a 2-1 win for the gunners. Wolves will still be on a high after last weekend

Im going for a Drubbing!

Please Arsenal, do us a favour... many of you high and mighty sides keep letting us down, when we need you to turn teams over, now its your turn, follow through with the job ye?!

4-0

Walcott x2, RVP, Fabregas (PEN, which will be dodgy and the first goal so big mick moans about it changing the outcome of the game :$)

Im going for a Drubbing!

Please Arsenal, do us a favour... many of you high and mighty sides keep letting us down, when we need you to turn teams over, now its your turn, follow through with the job ye?!

4-0

Walcott x2, RVP, Fabregas (PEN, which will be dodgy and the first goal so big mick moans about it changing the outcome of the game :$)

Whenever you ask for a big team to beat your rivals you always jinx it and the bigger team ends up getting beat.

It better not happen this time ;)

Last edited:
When never you ask for a big team to beat your rivals you always jinx it and the bigger team ends up getting beat.

Whenever you say we're going to win the league, you jinx it.

Shut ya mouth! ;)

When never you ask for a big team to beat your rivals you always jinx it and the bigger team ends up getting beat.

Ye it really is ABOUT time, someone actually did it!!

Stupid competitive, interesting, unpredictable, arguably best league in the world, FML!

Why won't teams just do what they're told :$

3-0 Arsenal. Van Persie, Walcott and Arshavin scoring. Game put to bed by the hour mark so key players can be taken off ahead of the Barca game.

A team that is impeccable at making set pieces count versus a side that is great at conceding them.

HMMM... I'll go either 3-2 to Wolves or 3-0 to Arsenal, Wolves lack the true ability to score in non-dead ball situations, so...

The Arsenal I know will either:

1. Win convincingly, as if it was the easiest thing in the world.

or

2. Lose heavily, prompting the press to laud the club as 'fragile' and counting them out for the season....then they go and win 3-0 against Barca on Wednesday, for maximum confusion.

Question is....what would you choose if those were the only two options? ;)

The Arsenal I know will either:

1. Win convincingly, as if it was the easiest thing in the world.

or

2. Lose heavily, prompting the press to laud the club as 'fragile' and counting them out for the season....then they go and win 3-0 against Barca on Wednesday, for maximum confusion.

Question is....what would you choose if those were the only two options? ;)
1 Personally, because I believe Man Utd will not win today. Also 1 is open ended :D

Come on Jamie, do us proud.

1-0 Wolves - (O' Hara)

Arsenal Report will be trying out a new Live Blog feature for today's game. Kick off is a 3pm and I'll be giving regular updates on the site about tactical aspects of the game, and more general MBM stuff. It's our first one so be kind - hopefully we can sort out an e-mail system as well.. we'll let you know!

RVP with a stunning opener. Similar to Rooney's, not quite as good though.