Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur 26-02-12 1330 KO

Outcome?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I'm not going to get involved in CJ's, IanC's, Lol_101's and Calum's lame 'banter', I am going to say that from 40 minutes onwards we played with amazing quality. Admittedly Spurs really didn't show up today, but when you're 2-0 down and start playing like we did, that shows there is still something special there - shame we show it once every blue moon.

Watched the match and still can't wait for MOTD tonight.

While I'm not going to get involved in CJ's, IanC's, Lol_101's and Calum's lame 'banter', I am going to say that from 40 minutes onwards we played with amazing quality. Admittedly Spurs really didn't show up today, but when you're 2-0 down and start playing like we did, that shows there is still something special there - shame we show it once every blue moon.

Watched the match and still can't wait for MOTD tonight.

Have to say some of the play was sublime at times. Only regret was missing the first half so be watching it later

Just thought I'd vote that Arsenal would win. I'm psychic me. Sad to see just how low the Carling Cup final is in people's mind, just on a comment count you can compare the two threads for yourselves.

Does anyone know where CJ is? He was so full of it before the game lol. Arsenal are still the best in North London and never write us off before the game has even begun. What a comeback. This beats even the Chelsea win for me. :D

what a game it was. incredible fight back, everyone played well. there was 5 in the bridge and now 5 over our bitter rivals. :)

and bale dive imo, should not have been a penalty.

Form is temporary, but .....

408801_10151335351235254_137355050253_23309768_2086468759_n.jpg

spurs will still finish ahead of Arsenal and Arsenal will do well to finish 4th. Arsenal fans shouldn't get too carried away

Still can't believe the result. What a comeback. Played some great football and the team didn't allow themselves to be fingered in the **** like they've done all too often when losing. Tottenham stopped playing after Arsenal scored their first goal. Rosicky MOTM imo, sheer class performance.

While I'm not going to get involved in CJ's, IanC's, Lol_101's and Calum's lame 'banter',

Lame banter is all part and parcel of the game and makes it more fun when supporting your team. It's what supporting Spurs and Arsenal is all about. No nastiness, no hatred just having a laugh. It might not be your cup of tea but don't be-little the rest of us who enjoy it.;)

Freak results happen alot in football.

Last edited:
I've lost all respect for Gareth Bale. Being Welsh it's only natural that I support him when playing for the national side. This is why we really need real-time, or instant, technology to help officials, to catch tricky dives like that. While the position was set up perfectly for him to dive, he still shouldn't have done it.

I know it sounds a bit rich coming from an Arsenal fan and it may sound as if I'm singling out Bale but it's the only football I've watched recently and it made me feel sick just seeing it two or three times.

As it didn't turn out to be the turning point of the match, I can only laugh back at him for trying to con goals out of the ref (who was, again, absolutely atrocious) and the turnaround was tres magnifique. Has Rosicky EVER played like that? His goal (along with van Persie's and Walcott's first) was outstanding.

Though I can't see the result being a shiftaround in the teams - and I hope I'm wrong - it certainly cheered me up after a below average Arsenal season; the rest of the season is a bonus, heh.

the 2 spurs goals were all luck-based when i watched the highlights. Adebayor's goal deflected, while Bale went down on a heroic dive?
good showing from arsenal though. Didnt expect them to win or even tie this game

the 2 spurs goals were all luck-based when i watched the highlights. Adebayor's goal deflected, while Bale went down on a heroic dive?
good showing from arsenal though. Didnt expect them to win or even tie this game

It was Saha's shot that was deflected; Adebayor scored the penalty :p

We were exposed very early on and I was disappointed with Vermaelen's positioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.