Arsenal's "kids" - Really?

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 50
  • Views Views 4K
lets all come to the agreement arsenal is better

Lets not.

Your going completely off-topic, and its not even a true statement considering last weeks result..

Don't argue about stupid things like that, its an arguement about why they are called kids.

In all fairness, this thread was intended to be regarding Arsenal's first team, who still receive the same defense about being a developing group of players. My point is that the excuse is tired and worn now, and despite you being able to slap a bunch of young players on this thread, the original point is regarding the premier league title and the excuses used when they fall short.

Either way, I don't really care, I just found it interesting to compare.

I find it interesting too... I remember when Liverpool were knocked out of the Carling Cup this season by an Arsenal side with an average age just a year younger than the side we fielded. I think the average age was around 25 yet it was still "Arsenal's kids defeat Liverpool".

I find it interesting too... I remember when Liverpool were knocked out of the Carling Cup this season by an Arsenal side with an average age just a year younger than the side we fielded. I think the average age was around 25 yet it was still "Arsenal's kids defeat Liverpool".

Well now they know the truth.:$

It may have been true a couple of seasons ago, but no longer.

No, the average age was not even close to 25.

Before you start making up match stats, check the line up:

Lukasz Fabianski
Kerrea Gilbert RESERVE
Philippe Senderos RESERVE
Mikael Silvestre (c)
Kieran Gibbs RESERVE
Fran Merida RESERVE
(87)
Craig Eastmond RESERVE
Samir Nasri
Aaron Ramsey Reserve-ish
Eduardo RESERVE ( at that point he hadnt played regular football in a while from his injuries )
Nicklas Bendtner

I havent added their ages because that would take too long. CBA.

Face it Arsenal, you team has grown up, you are ahead of spurs, but your team will never do anything.

Unless you sign someone instead of buying a 17 year old and saying (in french Arsene accent) "we want to build for the future, we don't care about now"

Yet when they grow up they are rubbish!
Well worse than you thought when he signed them!

Spurs are the better team.FULLSTOP
But the next thing you know they will end up loosing 4-0 to Man Utd.

Face it Arsenal, you team has grown up, you are ahead of spurs, but your team will never do anything.

Unless you sign someone instead of buying a 17 year old and saying (in french Arsene accent) "we want to build for the future, we don't care about now"

You MUST be mad. Spurs never were and never will be better than Arsenal.

They WERE better on that day they defeated us for the first time in a decade, albeit against an Arsenal team without half its first team players and battle worn from a season of challenging for trophies.

You MUST be mad. Spurs never were and never will be better than Arsenal.

They WERE better on that day they defeated us for the first time in a decade, albeit against an Arsenal team without half its first team players and battle worn from a season of challenging for trophies.

your not the only team to have had injuries, its just anouther excuse. chelsea and utd have both had injurys but both got the sqaud to continue unlike arsenal.

you've lost it mateXD

your not the only team to have had injuries, its just anouther excuse. chelsea and utd have both had injurys but both got the sqaud to continue unlike arsenal.

on that day Sp*rs performed better and maybe even could have matched our first team, but thats only ON THAT DAY.

Do you honestly think you can even compare the class of van Persie, Arshavin, Fabregas, Gallas, to Peter Crouch, Robbie Keane, Modric, or any yid ? Get real.

on that day Sp*rs performed better and maybe even could have matched our first team, but thats only ON THAT DAY.

Do you honestly think you can even compare the class of van Persie, Arshavin, Fabregas, Gallas, to Peter Crouch, Robbie Keane, Modric, or any yid ? Get real.

im just saying its just excuse after excuse every season with arsenal its just typical kinda expect it now thats why people expect you to fall away.

On this seasons form:

Modric > Arshavin

Bassong > Gallas

you can compare modric to any of those players, modric is a brilliant player, he would shine in any team. crouch would do a better job than B-52 ( though i actually like bentder). palacious is better diaby, denilson, and just a little worse than song. niko krancjar is quailty. bale is as good as than clichy. gomes...nuff said.

arsenal may have more class players man for man, but the gap is closer than you think

The average age,as presented by Billy Redrup,has shown that the Arsenal's team has infact grown up.The media only linger on this sort of 'nickname' for the Gunners because of the way Arsene depicts the team and how they field a young side in the League Cup,gaining experience that may be invaluable towards the future of their careers.This is my own opinion on Arsenal.

1. They have been lacking in a few areas of the field that may allow them to become a stronger team,such as a new striker to partner Robin van Persie or become the main striker since Eduardo hasn't found the form he was aspired to be in when he joined the Gunners in 2006 after that horrific leg injury that was thought to be the end of it all for the Brazilian-Croat.
  2. Nobody in the Arsenal starting eleven (this excludes Sol Campbell and Gael Clichy) has won the Premier League with Arsenal since their glory days in the 2003/2004 season when they went,historically,the whole season unbeaten under the Frenchman and almost went 50 games,had it not been for Manchester United,whom on the day,were able to beat the 'Invincibles' 3-1,if I recall correctly.With that been said,it is understandable that Arsenal have not gained experience in how to control themselves come the end of the season.Despite their efforts in the 2006/07 season,it seems that the need of actually winning the Premier League itself is the only way that will get Arsenal their 'experience'.The only person to have won a trophy with the Gunners within the last five years was Robin van Persie,who was among the scorers in the penalty shoot-out of the 2005 F.A. Cup final between the Londoners and the then-title contenders,Manchester United.
  3. The fact that Wenger has not been a keen fan on spending lots of money that he has to strengthen the squad and actually 'challenge' for the Premier League title considerably weakens his own squad.It can be understood that the 'harmony' of the dressing room could be disrupted by a big-money signing (exampling Franck Ribery,Karim Benzema or the doubtful return of Thierry Henry) but the French then-nobody cannot go on like this forever.Spending little amounts of money on youngsters that have a lot of their future to fulfill is all well and good,but focusing on the now will get you much further.
  4. It has been argued that Arsenal's inability to always field a fully-fit starting eleven is what is deterring them from winning the games that they should be,as well as challenging for the Premier League title,alongside their 'Big Four' rivlas,Chelsea,Liverpool and Manchester United.I feel that this excuse has been clung onto for far too long and cannot be used - it's extinct and in the bin.A good example of this would be when Manchester United were in the group stages of the UEFA Champions League and their trip to VfL Wolfsburg in September of 2009 and the encounter would prove to be a tough one.Without 15 players available due to injuries,suspensions and possible international call-ups,the United team was skinned of first-team players and in need of winning the game as well.We played Fletcher and Carrick in defence,of whom,did a decent job and was enough for a temporary solution in what was called an injury crisis.Our excuse is much more vaild than the dried-up chewing gum that has been spat out by the millions of other clubs' supporters,hearing the same thing every year.
  5. Tottenham are definately rising up the ranks and their challenge for fourth is proving to be a turning point in what looks to be a magical reign for Harry Redknapp at White Hart Lane.Should Spurs strengthen their squad next season and spend wisely,as well as getting rid of players that will not fit the bill ahead of the new European campaign,then they will go far,further than Arsenal in time.
All in all,Arsenal need experienced old-heads,strengthening in certain areas,expansion of the squad with more depth and to bin the 'injuries' excuse all of us are sick and tired of hearing.Again,my opinion - if anyone will read it.

Last edited:
I find this very interesting. It's time Wenger grew up and found a reasonable excuse for not winning anything.

And to that who said Spurs are better than Arsenal, I totally disagree. The Yids managed their first league win over Arsenal in 11 years last midweek, so that means they're the better half of North London? Doubtful. But in all fairness, 'Arry's done a triffic job with them. I can only hope we're more evenly matched now XD

Back