Arsenal's "kids" - Really?

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 50
  • Views Views 4K
Says a Chelsea fan.

at least we have a past. a legendary one ;)

every team has a past just some are more successful than others. we deserve our time we went through **** and now we are getting our time.

This is an 'injury crisis' if anyone wants to know:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...d-Oliver-Gill--son-chief-executive-David.html

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

every team has a past just some are more successful than others. we deserve our time we went through **** and now we are getting our time.

In the 60s,Chelsea were your average mid-table team.In the 70's,the same,the 80s,getting a little better,90s,decline,2000's starting to look contenders...now? Right up there.

This is an 'injury crisis' if anyone wants to know:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...d-Oliver-Gill--son-chief-executive-David.html

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

In the 60s,Chelsea were your average mid-table team.In the 70's,the same,the 80s,getting a little better,90s,decline,2000's starting to look contenders...now? Right up there.

we were days from being the next wimbledon so im enjoying it. and yer that is what i was on about utd and chelsea both had had bad injurys this season, we just got the squad to deal with it.

we were days from being the next wimbledon so im enjoying it. and yer that is what i was on about utd and chelsea both had had bad injurys this season, we just got the squad to deal with it.

Exactly.Arsenal cannot use that excuse anymore...it's dried up completely. ¬_¬

You MUST be mad. Spurs never were and never will be better than Arsenal.

They WERE better on that day they defeated us for the first time in a decade, albeit against an Arsenal team without half its first team players and battle worn from a season of challenging for trophies.

Well, if youre going to say something like that then you need to get your facts right. So you say Tottenham never were better then Arsenal, well....

Lets look at the 1960's for example.

Tottenham Honours-

League Champions:
1960-61

FA Cup Winners:
1961, 1962, 1967,

European Cup Winners' Cup Winners:

Arsenal Honours:

Ohhh oO) They had nothing...

So I would say Spurs were better then wouldn't you?...

Yeah it's true, that excuse is dead now.

The real problem is not having a good goalkeeper. Imo it has been the biggest problem for a while now.

No, the average age was not even close to 25.

Before you start making up match stats, check the line up:

Lukasz Fabianski
Kerrea Gilbert RESERVE
Philippe Senderos RESERVE
Mikael Silvestre (c)
Kieran Gibbs RESERVE
Fran Merida RESERVE
(87)
Craig Eastmond RESERVE
Samir Nasri
Aaron Ramsey Reserve-ish
Eduardo RESERVE ( at that point he hadnt played regular football in a while from his injuries )
Nicklas Bendtner

I havent added their ages because that would take too long. CBA

Average age was 22.5 for Arsenal

Average age was 24.3 for Liverpool

The 25 figure I have in my head belongs to something just can't figure out what, it was tweeted by optajoe a while back. Maybe the average age for the entire season or something like that. Regardless my point about the Carling Cup game was more that it was reported as a full strength Liverpool side when it was anything but, not that Arsenal's wasn't a reserve side.

half the time arsenals bench only has like an average age of 20.. and with the players that are registered in the first team they are the youngest

Whatever their age is, they're not good enough to win anything. Wenger seems to have lost his ambition and will settle for a 'try' instead of a win.

Back