uchiha37

Reaction score
I started a game with Arsenal, and have not really bought much players, but looking at the reserves, I would rather let those players develop. But sometimes I have doubts about whether they will be good enough. Have any of you tried players from their youth system that do come good and will be options for the first team?

i never do. i just either loan them out or buy new players. i think most of there players would be good for mid table sides in the prem league. although others may have different experience's with them

medria is world class i had fabregas out for 8 months (injured first pre season game) and medria did so good for me that he kept fabregas out for the rest of the season

play him centre mid with advance playermaker and he will get a lot of assits for you

I'm doin the same mate. Only signed Vukcevic in my 1st season. Now in my 2nd season Neymar was my only signing. Have got rid of both Bendtner and Senderos. Have concentrated on youth spending almost £24m on 10 youngsters. All of them are back out on loan as well as the best reserve players. I only accepted offers for them from teams that reckoned that they would be valuable to the first team. Hopefully it works. Obviously not all of them will be superstars, but I have high hopes for Wilshere, Merida, Bartley, Canales, Edu Ramos, Cristeig, Rochina, Murphy, Situ, Areola, Ramsey, Rits, Nordtveit and Ayling. Alot of prospects there.

Wilshire and Ramsey turn out really good, Nordtveit and Djouvru too. Havnt played Merida, Barazite or Gibbs so dont know about them. Bendtner and Vela turn out into really good strikers if you play them. And of course, Fabregas remains first class

Almost anyone of the Arsenal youth can become good or decend players if you have the right training schedules, and you let them play first team football. You guys mentioned all their names, but if they dont play regular football, they'll will not progress and you have then wasted that oppertunity

Bendtner can keep RVP out of first team, i think he is a wonderful youth player. Then you have gibbs who never gets the technical skill but i've seen him keep clichy out until he got injured. Problem with Arsenals youth squad is that they nearly ALL depend on negative potentials. Ramsey, Nordveit, wilshere all have potential of -9. Which is 150-180. 180 being lampard's current ability. So every game is going to see them differently. As long as you're lucky, you won't need to do any extra signings.

Bendtner can keep RVP out of first team, i think he is a wonderful youth player. Then you have gibbs who never gets the technical skill but i've seen him keep clichy out until he got injured. Problem with Arsenals youth squad is that they nearly ALL depend on negative potentials. Ramsey, Nordveit, wilshere all have potential of -9. Which is 150-180. 180 being lampard's current ability. So every game is going to see them differently. As long as you're lucky, you won't need to do any extra signings.

luck has nothing to do with it. a PA of -9 means the player WILL reach an ability of 180 provided they are:

A. At a club with good training facilities
B. Given regular first team football as a youngster to aid their development
C. They have a relatively injury free career. ie 2 years out with a broken leg means they probably wont progress to their full potential.

Last edited:
I'm playing bendtner up front with van persie and he is quality! There are times when he can be incosistent but that is youth, my top scorer at thr moment, somthing like 19 goals in 25 games, not too bad. Merida is really good as well, Fabregas was injured and out for six weeks, put merida in and he is so good! gives so much balance to the team, fabregas is starting to come back now but I am not too sure whether I should get rid of Merida straight away becuase he hasn't had a bad game since I put him in. Playing Nordtveit alongside Muinesa who I got from Barcelona for £95,000 in the first season and they are both pretty solid. They are pretty young but hardly ever have bad ratings, and can only get better! And then there is as has been mentioned Kyle Bartley, never lets me down when I put him in. Don't think I'm ever gona sign any more players, FM is so much more fun like this! How about defensive midfielders? Jay Emanuell Thomas does perform well, but my backroom staff keep telling me to get rid of him..Francis Coquelien, does he get a lot better, Emanuel Frimpong? Just want to know who I should give the most playing time to!

A question on Diaby, what are the best instuctions to give him? He wants to leave but I'm not gona let him!

Last edited:
Merida, Wilshere, Ramsey, Afobe, Bartley, Barazite, Lansbury and buy Marco Verratti for around 500k and James Rodrigues for 900k+

Hey George, I see you have Fabianski as your goalkeeper and looks pretty good! Does he get a lot better?

wilshere and ramsey arent that good im in 2015 and theyre both rated by pat rice as "fairly good players"

Having a problem! Diaby has turned into a really good squad player, if Fabregas gets injured, can put Diaby in and he performs well as a box to box midfielder. Things is, for over a season now, he says he wants a new challenge and he won't sign a new contract! He has one more year left on his contract, and I want to keep him, any ideas about what I can do or am I just gona lose him on a free?

Having a problem! Diaby has turned into a really good squad player, if Fabregas gets injured, can put Diaby in and he performs well as a box to box midfielder. Things is, for over a season now, he says he wants a new challenge and he won't sign a new contract! He has one more year left on his contract, and I want to keep him, any ideas about what I can do or am I just gona lose him on a free?

Prasie him like crazy, offer him a bigger role or more money.

Has anybody here tried Benik Afobe? IRL, he is really highly rated but have never tried him in the game..

he isnt that good but decent, the stats r done a year ago so on fm2011 he may be pretty gd

I tried to get the best out of him but he only managed to be a 'decent League 1 striker'.

Is there any players you normally you would not consider that turn out to be good players? so not taking into account, ramsey, wilshere etc. But others from the youth system?

Kyle Bartley was immense in one of my saves. They're all good if you play them enough etc.