Ask all your laptop/desktop questions here

not sure where i should be posting this but i was everton, qualfied for europa league and since appyling a transfer update from LFC_Marshall my team are entered twice into the fixtures and in the group games i have to same teams in diff groups i.e. sevilla are in my group and another group?? my board say they are dissapointed in out showing in the europa league cos i lost one of the qualifiers on purpose so i wouldnt be drawn twice, yet im in the cup?! sooo annoying had to delete a very good game?!!

Sound doesn't come out of my speakers however sound works if I plug headphones in?

Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Ignore that. Just started working again...

Sods law!

Alright People?.....
This laptop ay good.....
Acer Aspire 7741G 17.3" Notebook (Intel Core i5-480M Processor, 4GB RAM, 750GB HDD, Windows 7 Home Premium) - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
Cheers for the help!

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

Alright People?.....<br>This laptop ay good.....<br><a href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-Notebook-i5-480M-Processor-Windows/dp/B004H1T6AS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1315675147&sr=8-2">http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-Notebook-i5-480M-Processor-Windows/dp/B004H1T6AS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1315675147&sr=8-2</a><br>Cheers for the help!

My laptop, when I turn it on, keeps making a buzzing sound and says that there is no bootable device available. I don't know whether it is available to be fixed or if it's gone forever.

Anyone here to help?

Im after a new laptop and was wondering if anyone can suggest a good one for playing football manager as mine is slow and on its last legs. not looking to spend more than £400 if i can help it, cheers.

Im looking at getting a new laptop, Just spotted this for £367 is it any good? Be honest please! Samsung RV510 Laptop - 15.6ins - 4GB RAM - 500GB Hard Drive | Business | ASDA directpecs:
Hard Drive500GB (5400 rpm S-ATA)
BrandSamsung
ProcessorIntel Celeron Dual Core Processor T3500
Processor Speed2.13GHz
Operating SystemGenuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64 Bit)
RAM (MB)4 GB DDR3
Screen Size (inch)15.6ins LED HD (1366 x 768) 16:9 Gloss
Battery Type6 Cell
Weight2.5kg
Software Included[Safety] Samsung Recovery Solution, Samsung Support Center, Norton Internet Security (Free 60-day Trial), HDD Password [Utility] Easy Speedup Manager, Easy Network Manager, Battery Life Extender, Easy Display Manager, Samsung Update Plus, Microsoft Office 2010 Starter [Multimedia] CyberLink YouCam, Game Console
Length of Parts Guarantee (Years)1 Year FastGuard Warranty (Collect & Return)
Dimensions (WxDxH in cm)37.98cm x 25.55cm x 3.62cm
Technology040487983
WidescreenYes
Disc DriveDVD Super Multi Dual Layer (S-ATA)
Memory Card SlotMulti Card Slot (4-in-1 SD, SDHC, SDXC, MMC)
GraphicsIntel GMA X4500 DVMT
Wireless Enabled802.11bg/n
Built In Devices3 W Stereo Speaker (1 W x 2)
USB Port3 x USB 2.0
Web CamYes
Speakers IncludedSRS 3D Sound Effect / Mic Noise Suppression
BluetoothNo

Well MrJack!!
At that price, you won't be getting quality parts. The ram will be cheap and cheerful, the graphics chip wouldn't push a shopping trolly around, never mind polygons. The hard drive is a 5400rpm model which (in tests that I have run) has a write speed of about 25mb per second, compared to 49mb per second in a 7200rpm model.
That will cause a bottleneck in a memory intensive game like FM (lot's of read/write operations).

Well MrJack!!
At that price, you won't be getting quality parts. The ram will be cheap and cheerful, the graphics chip wouldn't push a shopping trolly around, never mind polygons. The hard drive is a 5400rpm model which (in tests that I have run) has a write speed of about 25mb per second, compared to 49mb per second in a 7200rpm model.
That will cause a bottleneck in a memory intensive game like FM (lot's of read/write operations).
Is there a better laptop you could reccomend to me for under £500?

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

Acer Aspire 5742 15.6 inch Notebook (Intel Core i5-480M Processor, 5 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, DVD-Super Multi DL Drive, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories Found this? Is that any better?

The new Dell Inspiron 15r.
It has a 500gb 7200rpm HDD and a dedicated graphics card, Core i3 processor and 3gb of Ram.
I just priced it at €529 on Dell Ireland.

Sorry, was trying to work at the same time (have about 7 tabs open).
Here is the link for the UK model.
Dell Inspiron 15R

[h=3]Processor[/h]

• 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i3-2310M processor 2.10 GHz

[h=3]Operating System[/h]

• Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit

[h=3]Display[/h]

• 15.6" (40 cm) High Definition (1366X768) WLED with True-Life

[h=3]Memory2​[/h]

• 4GB2​ Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz

[h=3]Hard Drive[/h]

• 500GB3​ SATA hard drive (7200RPM)

[h=3]Video Card[/h]

• 1 GB nVidia GeForce GT 525M

[h=3]Optical Drive[/h]

• 8X DVD+/-RW Drive

[h=3]Case Color[/h]

• Diamond Black Switch Cover

[h=3]Wireless[/h]

• Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030, Bluetooth v3.0+HS

[h=3]Security Software[/h]

• McAfee® SecurityCenter 3 Year Subscription

[h=3]Primary Battery[/h]

• Primary 6-cell 48 WHr Lithium Ion battery

[h=3]Services and Support[/h]

• 1 year of coverage included with your PC

[h=3]Advertised System Weight[/h]

Links to PC's which would run FM 12 would be appreciated. Thanks.
sdaa.png

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

anyone?

Could anybody please tell me if this laptop would be good enough to run FM2012?

15.6" screen.
3GB RAM (expandable to 8gb)
Intel core i-3 processor 2.4GHZ
320GB Hard drive
and the graphics card is Graphic
Integrated Intel GMA HD

Asus K52F Laptop - Laptops | Ebuyer.com

Im running a netbook at the moment,so ANYTHING would be a step up haha
but i have around a £340 budget
so if you can find anything that would be even better or tell me if that laptop would be good enough!

Cheers guys!

Hi guys can anyone tell me if this laptop would be ok for FM been using misses ****** toshiba one for last to FMs and thought would treat me self for FM12 specs are=

Acer aspire 5750 corei3
Microsoft windows 7 premium
Intel core i3-2310m processor (2.1ghz)
4gb ddr ram
750gb sata hard drive
15.6" display
dvd supermultidrive
Intergrated graphics
802.11 b/g/n wi-fi
also comes with software update to go upto intel core i5

thanks and any suggetions feedback would be much appreciated!!!!!!:)

Hi guys can anyone tell me if this laptop would be ok for FM been using misses ****** toshiba one for last to FMs and thought would treat me self for FM12 specs are=

Acer aspire 5750 corei3
4gb ddr ram
750gb sata hard drive
15.6" display
dvd supermultidrive
Intergrated graphics
802.11 b/g/n wi-fi

software update to go upto intel core i5?
i3 and i5 are two different processors, a software update wont change that
thats like saying a software update will give you a better mouse

Links to PC's which would run FM 12 would be appreciated. Thanks.
sdaa.png

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

anyone?

90% of all new computers will be able to run fm2012 with ease, although if you want the match engine to run smoothly and fast I suggest looking for a laptop/computer with a Raedon HD6000 series card with at least 1gb graphics. A processor that is at least 2.0 ghz is recommended as well. 3gb RAM is enough to run FM well and you obviously want a decent hard drive as you won't just use it for FM so at least 320gb would come in handy, look at sites such as pc world and enter some information and you will get a number of results.

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

Could anybody please tell me if this laptop would be good enough to run FM2012?

15.6" screen.
3GB RAM (expandable to 8gb)
Intel core i-3 processor 2.4GHZ
320GB Hard drive
and the graphics card is Graphic
Integrated Intel GMA HD

Asus K52F Laptop - Laptops | Ebuyer.com

Im running a netbook at the moment,so ANYTHING would be a step up haha
but i have around a £340 budget
so if you can find anything that would be even better or tell me if that laptop would be good enough!

Cheers guys!

Everything there looks capable to run FM 2012, although I amen't to sure how good the integrated i3 graphics are.
How about this
HP Pavilion g6-1130sa 15.6" Laptop - Sonoma Red at cheap prices | PC World

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Acer aspire 5750 corei3
4gb ddr ram
750gb sata hard drive
15.6" display
dvd supermultidrive
Intergrated graphics
802.11 b/g/n wi-fi

Looks capable yes but the integrated graphics is all I am unsure about, what is your budget?