Ask UNCLE MAD (UNCLE MAD'S BOX OF CHOCCY'S)

• Thread starter Thread starter MANUMAD
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 217
  • Views Views 83K
Recently started a Guangzhu save to experience the Asian CL for the first time and to see what ELKESON can do to all these weedy teams.

Was surprised to see that the rest of their Brazilians also look awesome: Alan/Goulart mostly but also Rene Junior.

As to Elkeson. He costs around 9m (tho he asks for pretty high wages - which can be halved by putting the difference to appearances) and his is an absolute total goal machine. His value shoots up also. Bought him first season for Lyon for example top scored league and Europe and 2nd season and by that time his value was 21m. Sold him to Zenit for 38m!

Last edited:
Shocking

You work for The Sun. A story comes in that the chiefs of Indian Super League clubs were in England gaining knowledge from Premier League clubs. That starts a rumour that they may well wish to recruit out-of-work managers this summer, such as Sam Allardyce and Harry Redknapp.

Do you:

a) Treat the story with the respect it deserves? The Indian Super League is aiming to increase the global recognition of Indian football. It will be a tough task but they at least seem to be taking advice from more successful leagues.

or

b) Mock up Redknapp and Allardyce on an Indian set menu, make the headline 'The Big Samosa' and spend the whole piece making snide references to curry and takeaway food? Because that's all India is good for, you see.

As you mull over the answer to that question, Mediawatch presents you with a few choice excerpts:

- 'Indian football bosses have flown into London to order a Premier League managerial takeaway.'

- 'Harry Redknapp and Sam Allardyce are top of the menu.'

- 'Real Madras - SunSport's Indian Takeaway XI: Pathia Cech, Eliaquim Masala, PoppaDom Matteo, Scott Dannsak...'

The most worrying thing is that someone thinks this is both funny and clever.

You work for The Sun. A story comes in that the chiefs of Indian Super League clubs were in England gaining knowledge from Premier League clubs. That starts a rumour that they may well wish to recruit out-of-work managers this summer, such as Sam Allardyce and Harry Redknapp.

Do you:

a) Treat the story with the respect it deserves? The Indian Super League is aiming to increase the global recognition of Indian football. It will be a tough task but they at least seem to be taking advice from more successful leagues.

or

b) Mock up Redknapp and Allardyce on an Indian set menu, make the headline 'The Big Samosa' and spend the whole piece making snide references to curry and takeaway food? Because that's all India is good for, you see.

As you mull over the answer to that question, Mediawatch presents you with a few choice excerpts:

- 'Indian football bosses have flown into London to order a Premier League managerial takeaway.'

- 'Harry Redknapp and Sam Allardyce are top of the menu.'

- 'Real Madras - SunSport's Indian Takeaway XI: Pathia Cech, Eliaquim Masala, PoppaDom Matteo, Scott Dannsak...'

The most worrying thing is that someone thinks this is both funny and clever.

hmmmm, at least give F365 the credit as the source :)

hmmmm, at least give F365 the credit as the source :)

Trust this quote to come from a Leeds fan! :P

True - but I NEVER claimed that this is my original work and nor have I ever done that when I quote stuff I like from them and I have quoted many times from them in this thread. Notice that I left the mentions of "mediawatch" in it ...

The point of my quoting from this as well as other sources is to highlight absurd, funny, xenophobic etc occurrences in footy and media.

Trust this quote to come from a Leeds fan! :P

True - but I NEVER claimed that this is my original work and nor have I ever done that when I quote stuff I like from them and I have quoted many times from them in this thread. Notice that I left the mentions of "mediawatch" in it ...

The point of my quoting from this as well as other sources is to highlight absurd, funny, xenophobic etc occurrences in footy and media.

Not quite sure what my team of allegiance has to do with your questionable actions but ok. it was actually meant more tongue in cheek but yeah, whatever...:)

Absolutely fantastic read this mate, i've created one of my own tactics, that has a base of a 4-2-3-1 but very much so transitions into a 4-3-3 when on attack but compacts and goes to a 4-3-2-1, very much so a counter attacking formation but i've been looking through this thread and got some ideas on how to utilise 3 CM players and help with different duties and roles.

any recommendations on what teams suit this type of formation but are lower stature? i've pretty much tested this on all big teams and it's destroyed the league.

Just a random question mate too see if you know....

How can I increase my teams rep? I'm in 2023 and I win almost everything possible every year, bar the odd capital one cup slip up and things.

I'm Man Utd and I'm still 4.5*, behind the likes of Barcelona, Madrid, Bayern and even Chelsea who I regularly beat.

I have world class players across the pitch, I've increased stadium capacity and stuff.

Just never get any closer to being the best reputation club. It's annoying me haha

Just a random question mate too see if you know....

How can I increase my teams rep? I'm in 2023 and I win almost everything possible every year, bar the odd capital one cup slip up and things.

I'm Man Utd and I'm still 4.5*, behind the likes of Barcelona, Madrid, Bayern and even Chelsea who I regularly beat.

I have world class players across the pitch, I've increased stadium capacity and stuff.

Just never get any closer to being the best reputation club. It's annoying me haha

How are you doing trophy wise? Esp CL and Club World which are the two things which really bump reputation.

How are you doing trophy wise? Esp CL and Club World which are the two things which really bump reputation.

Pretty sure I've won the Champions league the last 5+ years in a row, probably won it 7 times out of the 9 or 10 I've been at the club!

Club world the same, supercup the same. FA Cup too....

Same here. I'm determined to become number 1 rep just don't know what else I can do!

My players get in team of the year, golden boots, ballon D'or etc but nothing increases it.

Winds me up that Chelsea are rated higher yet win nothing

quality thread mate, decided to stop lurking and registered to say thank you for this effort

Back