Guys, I've updated Base and Underdog version. I changed Duty of DL to Attack because having both of them on Support is too wasteful.

Attacking Duty of DL makes no harm to defense at all because there’s DM on left side and he covers his zone if needed. I tested this change on my testing stand and it showed improvement in performance.

Also I tested this change in Leeds save and it went awesome.

Leeds, First season, Predicted 11. Used V3. Just look on numbers of cleen sheets :p

Transfers
V3_leeds_transfers.jpg

Stats
V3_leeds_stats.jpg

Table
V3_leeds_table.jpg

Last edited:
Hi TTF9

I have tested your Base V2 with Inter Milan in Italy (first season with the summer transfer update). Unofrtunately the test was bad. My opponents had a lots of CCCs (I'm sure to had followed your instructions for manual marking and preferred foot). For example in Europa Leagua the Viktoria Plazen had 5 CCCs (I had only one CCC)!! In the others games my opponents shooted on goal more than me. I loved your Unreal set (best FM2014 tactics) so I'm quite sad about this new tactic.

Any tips for me?

trying this with my long term shrewsbury save and so far so good. i have a left footed DLP and a right footed DM so can i move the MCR to MCL and the DMCL to DMCR without any effect on the formation??

Hi TTF9

I have tested your Base V2 with Inter Milan in Italy (first season with the summer transfer update). Unofrtunately the test was bad. My opponents had a lots of CCCs (I'm sure to had followed your instructions for manual marking and preferred foot). For example in Europa Leagua the Viktoria Plazen had 5 CCCs (I had only one CCC)!! In the others games my opponents shooted on goal more than me. I loved your Unreal set (best FM2014 tactics) so I'm quite sad about this new tactic.

Any tips for me?

Mate, I would be glad to help but I don't have any information... I don't know strength of your team and result you achieved.

The only thing I can say that if you used only V2 then it very could be that your result wasn't impressive because in order to get good result it requires combine V2 and V1. You need use V1 when you need goal or draw against weak opponents. You can find "need goal" version at OP... and the only difference from Base is that 2 Full Backs on "Attack" duty.

Now V3 is more balance... it has DL on "Attack" and I'm observing decent improvement with this change... you can try it.

trying this with my long term shrewsbury save and so far so good. i have a left footed DLP and a right footed DM so can i move the MCR to MCL and the DMCL to DMCR without any effect on the formation??

Yes, you can do that but in V3 DL has attack duty and if you gonna mirror the tactic then also change DL to support and DR to attack. It's important because Full Back who has Attack duty should be on the same side as DM.

I don't know if I understood well, so I prefer to make sure: we start game with base tactic, if lose and need goals we set "need goal version" and if we need protect the score we set "waste time version". Next question is - I am not sure what you mean by removing manual marking in diamond formations - after all there are full-backs in this tactic.

Last edited:

Guys, I've updated Base and Underdog version. I changed Duty of DL to Attack because having both of them on Support is too wasteful.

Attacking Duty of DL makes no harm to defense at all because there’s DM on left side and he covers his zone if needed. I tested this change on my testing stand and it showed improvement in performance.

Also I tested this change in Leeds save and it went awesome.

Leeds, First season, Predicted 11. Used V3. Just look on numbers of cleen sheets :p

Transfers
V3_leeds_transfers.jpg

Stats
V3_leeds_stats.jpg

Table
V3_leeds_table.jpg

Downloaded the V3 and the RB is on support an the left is is on attack

should i change it?

Yes, you can do that but in V3 DL has attack duty and if you gonna mirror the tactic then also change DL to support and DR to attack. It's important because Full Back who has Attack duty should be on the same side as DM.

Thought as much cheers :D

What do you do about team talks? its an area ive always been very skeptical about

I don't know if I understood well, so I prefer to make sure: we start game with base tactic, if lose and need goals we set "need goal version" and if we need protect the score we set "waste time version".
Yes.

There's also useful description for every version at OP when to use it.

Next question is - I am not sure what you mean by removing manual marking in diamond formations - after all there are full-backs in this tactic.

It's simple just when you meet 3DCs or Diamond formations then remove manual marking from your AMCL/AMCR. There's screenshot at OP how to do that.

As good as it gets on FM14. Thank you TFF9 for your exceptional work.

I will try to Dortmund later throw ss later when I got played any matches

i gonna kiss you now m8.
i love tactic that with 3 amc.
i don't try your tactic, but i know, i'll love it.
hopefully it works.
ss is coming.

You know Im an admirer of your work TFF, but having some strange results with your new tac.
Overload took my MK Dons from league one to the Champions League. With a team with an average CA of over 160 I had high expectations.

17 games played with ASSALUT: 7-5-5.

Paying attention to opponents tac like you gave instructions on in OP.

Just doesn´t work
View attachment 336269View attachment 336268

Just got destroyed by Liverpool 3-1, should of been more, they had 11 CCC against me rofl, i suggest you listen to TFF when he says take off manuel marking for the AMCL/R against diamond/ back 3 otherwise you will get floored.

like this tactic but defense seems a bit loose, especially when you're past 3 or more seasons and using small clubs.

i turned on "Be More Disciplined" and "Use Tighter Marking". seems to be okay so far, and the CCCs have improved a bit.

This tactic is weeeird. Seems like if your team is as good as or is better on paper, you'll be fine.

When you come up against a stronger team, you are gonna have issues. Not sure how to resolve it really. The defensive line seems too high - so any team with decent options can just exploit the space behind easily. :(

been using this,winning games and scoring lots but also conceding.should I stick with this or try unreal(never tried it)as im starting a new save?