Aston Villa close in on signing Lyon midfielder Jean Makoun

Wasn't Houllier signing that Jamaican striker? ;)

Yeah, yeah, covered that one smartarse. :p There's already been a whole amount of jokes. People are thinking big - really big. Forlan, Klose et al. More realistic is Bent. According to Sunderland forums he's possible to move.

Bwahh, v. excited either way.

I haven't actually see the lad play much but have heard good things about him. Houlier using his contacts in France i pressume.

It says if Real get Emmanuel Adebayor then they will be letting Benzema join Villa on loan

How could Villa even pay Benzemas wages? His wages are HUGE! Good signing for villa...hope they get back to the better side of the table.

PS. Villa needs better medical team ;)

It says if Real get Emmanuel Adebayor then they will be letting Benzema join Villa on loan
Mourinho's been complaining about not having enough strikers since he joined, and now he's down to 1. If/when he goes back to 2, doubt he'll loan the other one out :p

There was a rumour that Cisse would be going to Villa

Never really see Makoun play in real life. My judgement can only be based on FM and on that he is a decent DM/CM, I think he would be good for Villa and he is certainly better than Sidwell.

You can have all the Benzema's and Makoun's you want but stay off Charlie Adam he's ours.

He will leave Utd either this window or Next, but not to sure, as we loaned out Macheda, losing Owen would mean only 3 striker remain at the club.

Much as I love Owen, I don't want him. He's a walking sick note, that man...

He will leave Utd either this window or Next, but not to sure, as we loaned out Macheda, losing Owen would mean only 3 striker remain at the club.
next window i think, coinciding with the return of Welbeck

If its Podolski, according to FM you pretty much have the best striker in the bundesliga lol.

Great signing for Villa. Look forward to seeing him in the PL. (H)

Very happy about that one, the sort of signing I saw Houllier making when he took over, not O'Neill style over the odds for an average Englishman, but a cheapish but quality foreigner.