Aston Villa close in on signing Lyon midfielder Jean Makoun

Houllier is probly going to get pretty much french players, and players from the french league, as a french coach. Just like Wenger, making Arsenal a french team.

Very happy about that one, the sort of signing I saw Houllier making when he took over, not O'Neill style over the odds for an average Englishman, but a cheapish but quality foreigner.

Agreed totally. Great signing, just a shame he won't be ready in time to face the bluenoses.

Houllier is probly going to get pretty much french players, and players from the french league, as a french coach. Just like Wenger, making Arsenal a french team.

I know you talk ****, but that's taking the proverbial biscuit. Making Arsenal a French club? What you mean is, signing quality foreign youngsters for far less money than an equivalent English player, making Arsenal a financial powerhouse.

I know you talk ****, but that's taking the proverbial biscuit. Making Arsenal a French club? What you mean is, signing quality foreign youngsters for far less money than an equivalent English player, making Arsenal a financial powerhouse.

I just meant wenger buys pretty much French youngsters. Their starting lineup has something like 5-7 french players? I dont mean it's a bad thing. But it's true..Wenger prefers to buy quality youngsters from the french league, of course from other leagues too. You can see a bit of the same in Houllier.

I just meant wenger buys pretty much French youngsters. Their starting lineup has something like 5-7 french players? I dont mean it's a bad thing. But it's true..Wenger prefers to buy quality youngsters from the french league, of course from other leagues too. You can see a bit of the same in Houllier.

Arsenals Last League Game

21 Fabianski ( Polish
03 Sagna red card ( French)
06 Koscielny ( French)
20 Djourou ( Swissland)
22 Clichy ( French)
04 Fabregas ( Spanish)
08 Nasri ( French)
14 Walcott (England) (Arshavin 68) ( Russia)
17 A Song ( Cameroon)
19 Wilshere ( English) (Bendtner 81) ( Danish)
10 Van Persie ( Dutch)

4 french players out of 11 isn't to bad. 2 english players as well. SO hardly all french.

Pat Rice English Assistant as well.

Agreed totally. Great signing, just a shame he won't be ready in time to face the bluenoses.

I'd of liked to have seen him, glad it's just less reason for old Pires to get a chance now though, it is just wrong that he's on nearly £40k a week, we're supposed to be lowering the wage budget.
Hopefully this work permit won't be too drawn out though and he'll feature against the Mancs next week, on ESPN too so I can watch on real tv :D