Aston Villa v Man Utd

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 181
  • Views Views 9K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Preview followed by live coverage of Saturday's game between Aston Villa and Manchester United in the Premier League.

More...

Man Utd's midfield to beat Villa's youngish midfield.

2-0 to Manchester United.
Sorry GodCubed :wub:

Aston Villa 2-1 Manchester United (Agbonlahor, Downing) (Hernández)

Line Ups

Aston Villa: Friedel, Luke Young, Dunne, Collins, Warnock, Albrighton, Hogg, Bannan, Downing, Ashley Young, Agbonlahor.

Man Utd: Van der Sar, Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Park, Fletcher, Carrick, Nani, Hernandez, Berbatov.

@OptaJoe on twitter:

1 - Aston Villa have lost only one of their last 15 Premier League home matches. Prepared.

I overslept and woke up 5 mins ago, cba to go to the pub to watch it now.. anyone got streamies??

genuinely worried about bannan and hogg in midfield, sorry houllier, someone needs to actually have played first team before :S ireland? what is he doing ? oh well still, 2-1 villa :D

Last edited:
well, if I'm honest, Villas midfield is too inexperienced and young to deal with the threat of United's strong attack. I can't see the same result as last year at Old Trafford, and United to win 4-0 :S

genuinely worried about bannan and hogg in midfield, sorry houllier, someone needs to actually have played first team before :S ireland? what is he doing ? oh well still, 2-1 villa :D

Ireland's being ****, that's what. Hogg's a talented player, give him a chance. On top of that, playing Ireland in defensive midfield can only lead to disaster. Hogg is disciplined and more defensively-minded than Ireland.

Man Utd's midfield to beat Villa's youngish midfield.

2-0 to Manchester United.
Sorry GodCubed :wub:

Haha. I'm expecting a 2-1. Agbonlahor to grab a goal on his comeback, but United to win.

looking at both teams and benches i would be very disappointed if united don't win, going for a 2-0 or 3-0 win

Watching out for Barry Bannan. But in all honesty, I think Bannan and Hogg will do ok today, and I can see it being 1-1.

Albrighton just burned Evra down the right.

And a few minutes later Berbatov Berbatoved it! Haha what a miss.

Watching out for Barry Bannan. But in all honesty, I think Bannan and Hogg will do ok today, and I can see it being 1-1
Only bad thing about Barry Bannan is that he might make Scotland into a good side. :P

Albrighton just burned Evra down the right.

And a few minutes later Berbatov Berbatoved it! Haha what a miss.

Only bad thing about Barry Bannan is that he might make Scotland into a good side. :P

Haha, I can only dream, though I really do like him. Albrighton also looks very good.

Haha, I can only dream, though I really do like him. Albrighton also looks very good.

Yeah, we love Barry. Shortest player on the pitch almost every time, but he's a terrier and has a lovely touch too. Earlier he made a defence-splitting pass past Brown onto Downing.

Albrighton's been epic, I mean I always knew he'd be good but he's beaten Evra three times in this match so far.

to be honest, hogg and bannan have played pretty epic for being so inexperienced.
albrighton could be called up :) he has dominated evra, he has beaten him so many times.

Been a good game so far :)

Berbatov should have scored, but Hernandez looks lively enough to get us a goal and the defence is looking very good too.

Gonna go with a 2-0 United win :)

Back