Aston Villa v Tottenham

Joel`

Reaction score
Aston Villa captain Ashley Young is a doubt for Boxing Day because of knee and ankle injuries.
Stiliyan Petrov and Fabian Delph are back in full training after lengthy lay-offs and have an outside chance of being involved.
Tottenham's Jermaine Jenas, Younes Kaboul and Rafael van der Vaart are all expected to return after injury.
William Gallas faces a fitness test on his hamstring problem, but Ledley King is still not yet fully fit.

--

Been a great game so far, very open end to end, Tottenham's goal was beautiful and Defoe has just been sent off.

That OP is worse than the OP i preduce for matches;)

That OP is worse than the OP i preduce for matches;)

Didn't think a fancy one was worth it 30mins into the match xD But yeah, I think the BBC sport bot makes better OP's ;)

Bale hasn't been unleashed yet. The last 2 games I've seen of him, he looks either tired or feeling the pressure of the media on him.

Has Houllier just realised he put Heskey on the team sheet, and is now rectifying that mistake? ;)

Half Time Analysis...

The referee has been awful, after not giving Villa a penalty which they probably should have got, he seemed to give everything to the home side, there were 2 terrible tackles inside 10 minutes which should have at least warrented a card but recieved nothing, and then Defoes sending off was ridiculous, he had his eyed fixed on the ball and never once looked at the man, there was no sudden movement/swing towards the player, yet the ref sent him off.

Been a good game so far, quite end to end with Spurs finishing the half brilliantly by keeping the ball and making endless passes to frustrate Villa.

Half Time Analysis...

The referee has been awful, after not giving Villa a penalty which they probably should have got, he seemed to give everything to the home side, there were 2 terrible tackles inside 10 minutes which should have at least warrented a card but recieved nothing, and then Defoes sending off was ridiculous, he had his eyed fixed on the ball and never once looked at the man, there was no sudden movement/swing towards the player, yet the ref sent him off.

Been a good game so far, quite end to end with Spurs finishing the half brilliantly by keeping the ball and making endless passes to frustrate Villa.

I agree with this, but in his defence the linesman told him to send Defoe off so it's his fault. Still a poor decision.

It's ruined the game too imo as it was an open match and now Spurs are sitting, retaining posession while Villa are scared to pick a killer pass. Reckon it will end 1-1 now.

His elbow does swing, I can see why the ref sent him off but that doesn't mean I agree with him.

Don't believe Defoe deserved a red at all, and Villa should have had a penalty early on. The flow of the game has really died since he was sent off too. The officials are once again going to be in the spotlight after the match.

If a ref see's an elbow hit face, he's always going to send them off.

What an amazing counter attack goal.

Aston Villa 0-2 Tottenham - Van der Vaart.

Never expected to win this, fully expected a loss, and it's panning out that way. Spurs deserve it for some lovely passing though.

Villa have looked dire. It's like they'd rather be at home eating more turkey sandwiches than be at Villa Park. They lack anything..

i put a tenner on spurs at 21/20 as i knew they would dominate in the midfield area against an inexperienced midfield, i **** myself when defoe got sent off but wow spurs ability to hold the ball with 10. its money in the bank