Aston Villa v Tottenham

vdv is a legend and the ref and linesman had a shocker with the disallowed Kaboul goal and the red card for Defoe either way it should be SIR Rafael van der Vaart

vdv is a legend and the ref and linesman had a shocker with the disallowed Kaboul goal and the red card for Defoe either way it should be SIR Rafael van der Vaart

Agree completely, we won even with 10 men and Villa having 11 including ref

Agree completely, we won even with 10 men and Villa having 11 including ref

Not defending the referee, but he did also not give Villa a penalty in the first 5mins so they didn't have everything their way.

He's not English, he can't get knighted. But I get the gesture ;)

Not defending the referee, but he did also not give Villa a penalty in the first 5mins so they didn't have everything their way.

He made up for the fact he didn't give the pen by giving a unessecary red card and not giving kaboul goal

Brilliant result today.

Referee had a poor game. Villa should probably have been given a penalty, Kaboul had his goal disallowed, Defoe may have lead with his arm but there was no intent there whatsoever.

All in all, delighted with the 3 points.

He made up for the fact he didn't give the pen by giving a unessecary red card and not giving kaboul goal

Both of those decisions were very much helped by the linesman, I thought the ref had a fair game, video evidence on the "goal" looked inconclusive so completely 50/50, same on the penalty, 1 went for us, 1 against, red card was certainly harsh but i'm sure if it'd have been a Villa player sent off for that you wouldn't of complained

Have Spurs had Van der Vaart, Defoe, Crouch all fit and available at any point this season at any point other than today?

Both of those decisions were very much helped by the linesman, I thought the ref had a fair game, video evidence on the "goal" looked inconclusive so completely 50/50, same on the penalty, 1 went for us, 1 against, red card was certainly harsh but i'm sure if it'd have been a Villa player sent off for that you wouldn't of complained

I'm not like that, I would just… yeah your right I would

Fair result. Tottenham deserve their win in a game marred by a couple of complete refereeing shockers (not giving Villa a pen, as well as numerous cards that should've been doled out to Villa players remaining in his pocket) though I switched off at around the 70th min cause I had to go and do something. Didn't catch much of Delph on his return to action, but Lichaj was impressive and kept Bale quiet (as well as you can, for the best left-sided player in the Prem), good player we have there. Friedel proved himself with a couple of awesome stops. Heskey injured again *sigh* maybe we'll finally play a 4-2-3-1?

As for a Spurs sides, a win fully deserved for them, and congratulations. VDV was utterly superb. Bale was quiet but deadly, Lennon looks like he's returning to full effectiveness. Gomes was inconsistent, one highlight being the save from Agbonlahor, one lowlight being the ridiculous attempt at a save from Albrighton. Modric was world-class as well. Still, good luck to them.

I said I'd give you time, Gerard, but it's beginning to run out. I am patient: I will give him another eight games himto prove rself before making a judgement. That should get our team back to full strength plus any signings he makes. I do expect a top-ten finish though, anything less and the axe will loom, rightly so too.

Was a decent game of football and Villa didn't deserve anything out the game so the result was merrited for me. VDV for me at the moment is one of the best signings in the history of world football. Took both of his goals so well, finishes better than most strikers.

That pass from Modric was immense, he's a class player.