• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CJACKO11

Reaction score
Venue: Villa Park
Kickoff: 5:30
Channel: ESPN

Villa News:
French boss Houllier will be without striker Gabriel Agbonlahor after he underwent a minor groin operation following their defeat at White Hart Lane. Midfielder Fabian Delph (knee) is a long-term absentee, while a leg injury curtails Emile Heskey's availability so Norwegian hit-man John Carew is certain to start with wingers Stewart Downing and Marc Albrighton supplying the ammunition from out wide. England international Ashley Young, who made his first competitive start for his country in Tuesday's goalless draw with Montenegro, could be given a free role behind Carew. Villa will be without defender Curtis Davies as he has joined Championship outfit Leicester City on a month's loan.

Chelsea News:
Chelsea have suffered a double blow ahead of the game with the news that Didier Drogba and Frank Lampard will miss out. Drogba, who has been one of the club's star performers this term, is missing with a virus while Lampard is not yet fit after a groin strain. However, Ancelotti is boosted by the availability of England defender John Terry who is fit despite missing out against Montenegro in midweek. Jeffrey Bruma, who withdrew from midweek action with the Holland's Under-21s due to a tight hamstring, took part as anticipated in full training on Thursday. However, Italian tactician Ancelotti is without the likes of Yossi Benayoun (Achilles), Alex and Salomon Kalou (both thigh) through injury. Carlo Ancelotti has confirmed that Jose Bosingwa will return on Saturday on the bench 364 days after he got injured in the same fixture last season.

Villa Stats:
  • Villa are unbeaten at home in the Premier League so far this season although they have lost to Rapid Vienna in the Europa League.
  • The Villans have only kept two clean sheets in 10 games in all competitions this term.
  • Only Blackpool with 15, West Ham (14) and Wigan (13) have conceded more than Villa's 12 in seven games.
Chelsea Stats:
  • Chelsea's defeat at Eastlands in our last outing ended a run of three successive away victories.
  • Scott Parker and Carlos Tevez are the only players to have breached our net in seven Barclays Premier League matches.
  • Chelsea have gone 15 games since a score draw, the longest run in the Premier League.
  • Amazingly, Blackpool have a better away record than Chelsea although they have played two more games.
  • The Blues have scored seven more goals than any other Barclays Premier League team (23). Aston Villa have scored nine times.
Chelsea's Premier League record at Villa Park is:
1992/93
Chelsea won 3-1
1993/94 Villa won 1-0
1994/95 Villa won 3-0
1995/96 Chelsea won 1-0
1996/97 Chelsea won 2-0
1997/98 Chelsea won 2-0
1998/99 Chelsea won 3-0
1999/00 Drew 0-0
2000/01 Drew 1-1
2001/02 Drew 1-1
2002/03 Villa won 2-1
2003/04 Villa won 3-2
2004/05 Drew 0-0
2005/06 Drew 1-1
2006/07 Drew 0-0
2007/08 Villa won 2-0
2008/09 Chelsea won 1-0
2009/10 Villa won 2-1

Chelsea's Starting 11:
Petr Cech
Paulo Ferriera
Ashley Cole
John Terry
Branaslav Ivanovic
Jon Obi Mikel
Michael Essien
Ramires
Gael Kakuta
Florent Malouda
Nicolas Anelka

Looking forward to this game , should be a good game ,normally is between these two teams.

Aston Villa 1 - 3 Chelsea

We have found it pretty tough at Villa recently and i believe it was the only Premiership ground that Mourinho never won at. Without Lamps and Drogba makes it alot harder no dout about that and its a huge game for Kakuta to prove what he can do. I am still confident with the players we have and will predict a 1-0 Chelsea win with Malouda scoring the goal. Also great to see Bosingwa back in the squad and i hope he gets some minutes, the game is a year since he got injured at Villa Park so i think it will be some sort of closure for him.

Has Carlo already named the starting line up? or is that what you think the line up will be?

Has Carlo already named the starting line up? or is that what you think the line up will be?

Yup he named it earlier in his press conference mate, he does this alot names his side a day before the game.

No Heskey. We're doooooomed.

Big JC, time to make the step up and prove your worth. We beat Chelsea once last season, but I really don't expect us to win this time round. Chelsea to win 2-0.

It's really aparrent that Chelsea isn't very deep outside their back line. Is Kakuta and Ramires Prem quality (for Chelsea)? Either way, Malouda has been unstoppable and Essien will be the best player on the pitch.

Chelsea 2-0 Villa

It's really aparrent that Chelsea isn't very deep outside their back line. Is Kakuta and Ramires Prem quality (for Chelsea)? Either way, Malouda has been unstoppable and Essien will be the best player on the pitch.

Chelsea 2-0 Villa

Ramires has done alright and was excellent against Arsenal. I think this sort of game will suite his play and as for Kakuta he has alot to learn and this is the lads biggest test no dout about that. He is very quick and tricky and has been training with the first team for over a year now so lets just see, i think he will do ok yesterday but i might expect Zhirkov to come on for him if things arnt going well.

Again I really like the look of our Starting 11... Ramires an Essien will work hard going from Box to Box and Obi Mikel will our defensive stalwart and hopefully Gael Kakuta can reproduce his performance against Marseille in this match

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

Chelsea 2-0 Villa

Ramires has only just joined so give him time and I am sure he will shine and Kakuta again is still young but he was amazing against Marseille a top French side and he will be boosted by Ancelloti showing confidence in him

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

Chelsea 2-0 Villa

Villa seem like a bogiie team to me :S
I can see this either being a big win for Chelsea, or a bore draw.

Chelsea subs:

Turnbull
Bosingwa
Zhirkov
McEachran
Bruma
van Aanholt and
Mellis/Borini.

I look forward to see some youngsters being used, especially if Mellis plays, it will be his debut!

After that horrendous slip up by Man. Utd, I'll be hoping Villa can hold Chelsea. I doubt it though
:(

decent result against villa away 1 point we didnt pick up last season but Anelkas performance3 have given me even more of a reason to hate him :@ Idont want him playing for Chelsea anymore

decent result against villa away 1 point we didnt pick up last season but Anelkas performance3 have given me even more of a reason to hate him :@ Idont want him playing for Chelsea anymore

how what did he do mate?

how what did he do mate?

well for starters he should of scored in the last minute with the header he missed and he just doesnt play as a striker and he lacks strengh and he runs out to the wings so we have nobody in the middle and this is where Chelsea missed Drogba today as he plays down the middle and uses his power and strength to hold up the ball and to create and score goals :(

well for starters he should of scored in the last minute with the header he missed and he just doesnt play as a striker and he lacks strengh and he runs out to the wings so we have nobody in the middle and this is where Chelsea missed Drogba today as he plays down the middle and uses his power and strength to hold up the ball and to create and score goals :(

He should play upfront every week :P

Back