• Aston Villa

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 12 48.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Obviously im dissapointed with the draw but it was a very good result and lots of positives to take from the game but the biggest possitive was obviously West Brom. Its a ground that we have only won once in the last 12 trips and we also lost last season in this fixture so its a point gained on last season in my eyes. Anelka was pretty poor today be he didn't have anyone to play up with as Kakuta looked out of his depth and Malouda comes deep to get the ball. All in all i think we should have won and it would have been justefied, Ferriera played very well today and gave Young absolutely nothing. One man stood tall above any other player who took part today and that was Ivanovic, the man is an absolute beast and had first Carew and then Delfouneso in his pocket the whole game. Im looking at this as a point gained.

didn't wattch the game as the boro game was on, but from the looks of it, Chelsea really struggled without Drogba, and again United didn't take advantage of Chelsea slipping up

didn't wattch the game as the boro game was on, but from the looks of it, Chelsea really struggled without Drogba, and again United didn't take advantage of Chelsea slipping up

We made chances but with Dunne going off early we could have done with the physical presence of Drogba. We absolutely dominated the 2nd half it was getting stupid.

bit of luck went to man united today needed chelsea to slip up thanks aston villa evan though man united played poor in the 2nd half but on topic great point for villa

bit of luck went to man united today needed chelsea to slip up thanks aston villa evan though man united played poor in the 2nd half but on topic great point for villa

I wouldn't say Utd got lucky, lets not forget Chelsea got slammed at the start of the season for saying you got an easy start to the season West Brom at home could it get any easier etc etc etc. Look whats happend now though they best Arsenal lost and you drew at home to West Brom. I think Chelsea will be the happiest of the 2 teams today without a dout.

I wouldn't say Utd got lucky, lets not forget Chelsea got slammed at the start of the season for saying you got an easy start to the season West Brom at home could it get any easier etc etc etc. Look whats happend now though they best Arsenal lost and you drew at home to West Brom. I think Chelsea will be the happiest of the 2 teams today without a dout.

arsenal fans are pretty happy to

Didn't get the chance to comment last night, as I was watching it at a mate's. That said, yessss! So proud of the lads, energetic, powerful, we looked more like winning it. For a team with the pre-match team disrupted by injury, it was a great display.

well for starters he should of scored in the last minute with the header he missed and he just doesnt play as a striker and he lacks strengh and he runs out to the wings so we have nobody in the middle and this is where Chelsea missed Drogba today as he plays down the middle and uses his power and strength to hold up the ball and to create and score goals :(

I disagree. Anelka is a completely different type of striker from Drogba. He's smaller, pacier, has better off-the-ball movement. You don't need to be big and strong to be a lone striker - Oliver Neuville proved that. Granted though, he wasn't great today.

Still, great game. Good chances, we had Chelsea rocking in the opening 15 minutes, and could've, should've gone ahead but didn't courtesy of Ireland's miss and Cech's good save off Carew. Then, they started to get back into the game, Ferreira did a great job on Young, but we showed that we're not longer a one-dimensional counterattacking ball-to-the-flanks team. Ireland played well in behind Carew, giving a few neat flicks and getting himself into good positions. Carew did pretty well against one of the more physical defences in the Prem, outmuscling Terry on occasion though Ivanovic seemed to have the measure of him. Made me wish we had Agbonlahor fit, his pace would've caused the pair problems.

Downing and Young were interesting as inverted wingers, Downing continuing his good run of form, and Young taking advantage of the more buccaneering Bosingwa's defensive lapses when he came on (and made some very, very good runs. He's a great full back). Of course, all this was backed up by the solid defence of Collins, who was absolutely immense, and Clark, who looked completely unphased by the enormous challenge of facing the champions.

Beye had a bit of a torrid time against Malouda, who caused all kinds of problems drifting in from the left, but it's good to finally see Villa with two proper fullbacks. Kakuta had a shocker, whereas Reo-Coker (admittedly missed a glorious chance in the last minutes) and Petrov were solid.

A good match. Well played Chelsea, and well played Villa. I think a point was the fairest result, although a Villa win might have been deserved.

All i had to say is **** you Reo Choker for missing that one on one chance.That would have settled it very well. Anyways it was very good match even though goalless. Villa started very strongly and even at the end they got few chances when Chelsea pushed up very high. And Anelka missed from what 3 or 4 yards, was easy to score than miss tbh. Draw was fair result and i dont think any of Chelsea or Villa would complain.

Didn't get the chance to comment last night, as I was watching it at a mate's. That said, yessss! So proud of the lads, energetic, powerful, we looked more like winning it. For a team with the pre-match team disrupted by injury, it was a great display.

I disagree. Anelka is a completely different type of striker from Drogba. He's smaller, pacier, has better off-the-ball movement. You don't need to be big and strong to be a lone striker - Oliver Neuville proved that. Granted though, he wasn't great today.

Still, great game. Good chances, we had Chelsea rocking in the opening 15 minutes, and could've, should've gone ahead but didn't courtesy of Ireland's miss and Cech's good save off Carew. Then, they started to get back into the game, Ferreira did a great job on Young, but we showed that we're not longer a one-dimensional counterattacking ball-to-the-flanks team. Ireland played well in behind Carew, giving a few neat flicks and getting himself into good positions. Carew did pretty well against one of the more physical defences in the Prem, outmuscling Terry on occasion though Ivanovic seemed to have the measure of him. Made me wish we had Agbonlahor fit, his pace would've caused the pair problems.

Downing and Young were interesting as inverted wingers, Downing continuing his good run of form, and Young taking advantage of the more buccaneering Bosingwa's defensive lapses when he came on (and made some very, very good runs. He's a great full back). Of course, all this was backed up by the solid defence of Collins, who was absolutely immense, and Clark, who looked completely unphased by the enormous challenge of facing the champions.

Beye had a bit of a torrid time against Malouda, who caused all kinds of problems drifting in from the left, but it's good to finally see Villa with two proper fullbacks. Kakuta had a shocker, whereas Reo-Coker (admittedly missed a glorious chance in the last minutes) and Petrov were solid.

A good match. Well played Chelsea, and well played Villa. I think a point was the fairest result, although a Villa win might have been deserved.

yes Anelka can play as a lone striker which he proved in the 2008-09 season when he won the golden boot but for the last year when he as had to he hasnt provided with the goals which is why I am starting to dislike him and yesterday i believe he could of done better.

Last edited:
yes Anelka can play as a lon striker which h proved in the 2008-09 season when he won the golden boot but for the last year when he as had to he hasnt provided with the goalws which is why I am starting to dislike him and yesterday i belive he could of done better.

He shouldn't be missing 4 yard headers, at least.

All i had to say is **** you Reo Choker for missing that one on one chance.That would have settled it very well.

He is a defensive mid, you know. It isn't his job to coolly slot it home. Yes, he should have done better, but meh. Wouldn't want to do United a favour now, would we? :P

I disagree with all that's been said about Anelka. Yes he should have scored that header in the last few minutes but he was just unlucky. 9/10 times he would have put that away, granted he made the right connection. Anelka is totally different to Drogba, so skillfull on the ball and can turn a player in a split second to open up a shooting opportunity. That's what he does well, and no other player in the team can do that. Unfortunately for us we didn't provide him with the chances to have a go at goal, so he was forced deeper to get the ball and go from there.

Fair result in the end, both teams had their chances but Villa maybe had the better ones. We dominated the second half without creating too much.

Also did anyone notice when Reo-Coker was put through, he could have cut it back to the player running from deep for a simple tap in? Think it was the young lad who came on as sub, i'm not going to try and spell his name.

Also did anyone notice when Reo-Coker was put through, he could have cut it back to the player running from deep for a simple tap in? Think it was the young lad who came on as sub, i'm not going to try and spell his name.

Yeah, he could have, but he hesitated and the chance was gone. From there on in he had to shoot.

And the young striker was Delfouneso. Remember the name. It'll be in an England shirt before long.

Pretty harsh comments about Nico on here, he isen't a out and out striker and he is 1 goal away from his 50th for Chelsea, a landmark he hasen't got to at any other club. If Drogba had played yesterday im pretty sure we would have won. But a draw was proberly a fair result.

He is a defensive mid, you know. It isn't his job to coolly slot it home. Yes, he should have done better, but meh. Wouldn't want to do United a favour now, would we? :P

Why not, we never spanked you 6 or 7-0. ;) So you lot should be..

Back