Attack! Attack! 4-1-1-2-2 By OoScotsmanoO (211 goals in 62 games most Clean sheets)

Started using this tactic (the latest modern one) in my 5th season with castel di sangro and i have to say its excellent. First season in serie A and tipped for relegation and im sitting second in the league at the half way point. Included wins away to roma and lazio.

I struggled a little but i found that if i change from attacking to counter in most games, including home, it made a big positive difference. I assume this is as im a smaller team with no superstars.

I may change the setup a bit or switch to another tactic for the second half of the season as i find most teams have learned how to counter you after they have played you once.

I have found i get a lot of red cards. 3 in 6 games, including 2 for the same central defender but this could just be an issue with my players aggression rather than the tactic.

So again, well done and thanks.

Want to Try your tactic

Hi am new here and i would like try your tactic but i cant download it. could you send me the Team and player instructions pleaz. thank you

Testing currently on 12.2.2 with barca in season 2013-14

Whats going on with not been able to download, whats actualy happening.

I would really like to congrat you for this tactic man and i wanted to say that you are Guardiola of FM.
Im managing Novara and im 1st place in Serie A after 14 games with 13 wins and one draw. 6 points ahead of Juventus.
I hope to add some screenshots at the end of the season to make others see what a great tactic is this.
Cheers mate

hi mate what team talks do u use and wat pitch size? cuz am struggling with the tactic

I would really like to congrat you for this tactic man and i wanted to say that you are Guardiola of FM.
Im managing Novara and im 1st place in Serie A after 14 games with 13 wins and one draw. 6 points ahead of Juventus.
I hope to add some screenshots at the end of the season to make others see what a great tactic is this.
Cheers mate

Thanks bud,

when i made this i was hoping to get a few people useing it and have great seasons with it. never ever thought it would have lifted off like it did ahah..

Not useing this myself anymore, been trying to make something even better.

hi mate what team talks do u use and wat pitch size? cuz am struggling with the tactic

i need help i cant see your arsenal screenshots
do you know how i can view them?

Are there any tweaks for this tactic to keep it fresh? I've been quite successful with it so far but my side is starting to run out of steam.

awesome tactics but for some reason leaks a lot of goals especially in set pieces
do you change the strategies for away or tough games or do keep it the game?

Tearing up the leagues with my east stirling team using this for home games and a modified version of the golden gate tactic (changed to 4 5 1 with flat midfield instead of 3 CMs and two inside forward type wingers) for away games. Results have been epic even after updating to the latest patch.

First season:

View attachment 249895

Second season (current):

View attachment 249896

The key thing as always is to make sure you have extensive pre season preparation so the familiarity bars are as filled as possible. Since changing match prep to always be on average with defensive positioning, the main weaknesses of my managerial style has been plugged which was conceding goals....now...well just look!

Last edited:
new Series coming soon thankts to the juventus save not working.
Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

For those unsure of what to do when playing away, I've just followed OOscots advice and use a 4 4 1 1 formation. Only changes I've made are to change the passing slider until it changes to direct and the defensive slider until it says deep. Has improved my away form now since my 4 5 1 away formation wasn't as effective.

3 points off the lead in Division 1 after 27 games....can I make it successive promotions from the third to the premier division! Would be sick!

One question that I have to ask though is using assistant manager for team talks. I'm just not convinced. In the past I've had 20 in assistant managers' motivation stat and my teams don't seem to react well. Aggressive, assertive and calm (in certain circumstances) are the only tones that work consistently well and I find the assistant manager uses reluctant and cautious a lot which never seems to yield positive results.

I'm currently using the information contained here.....http://www.footballmanagerstory.com...talk-guide-pre-match-half-time-and-full-time/......to nail my team talks. Really trying to formulate as consistent a team talk structure as possible!

Last edited:
Just changed the Download Location, Mediafire was having some issues, couple of you were saying your couldnt download, So will try this and see how it goes. let me know how it goes.

I tested this tactic as part of my testing thread:
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...massive-tactic-testing-thread-hazza22299.html

I have to say WOW! This is a brilliant tactic! I have to admit I was sceptical about including it in the testing league (With 24 other great tactics) as I never really knew much about it. This is great!

Your tactic beat both the grid system tactics, goals galore, Might and Magic, Into Oblivion and many more.

Well done!