Attention all Man Utd fans... you are invited to...

It's banter.. Liverpool fans asked for it 15 years ago, and here it is.

as i've said earlier in this thread i was quoting this article -

Liverpool formally vacate their ******* perch ahead of expected Manchester United ascension « The Gaffer

I never said that the Liverpool fans on here or any Liverpool fans that i know personally act as though theyre on a perch. But that doesnt mean that they arent on one. They're up there with 18 league titles to be knocked down... the fans who asked for us to come back when we've won 18... those type of fans i wouldnt mind winding up. At no point on this thread have i made a personal attack on anyone... Liverpool, Manchester United or Leeds supporters, not to any single one of them have i attacked them even when certain posts seem to generalize, stereotype and generally have a go at what i'm trying to do here.

how come the Liverpool Relegation party became such a huge success of Facebook when we all knew that Liverpool being relegated was highly unlikely... That was just general fun and general chat. People actually want to have fun without other people constantly putting them down.

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

It's banter.. Liverpool fans asked for it 15 years ago, and here it is.

thanks budd, finally someone who understands :)

I'd love to know the reason United are so obsessed with Liverpool?

Heard the news? Kenny's signed a 3 year contract, we'll overtake you again when Fergie calls it a day ;)

I personally think you'll draw level next season.. I'm puttin a substantial bet on it at the beginning.

I personally think you'll draw level next season.. I'm puttin a substantial bet on it at the beginning.

On goal difference an all? :p

Anyway, as I've said in another thread. Congratulations United, beating our record is some feat. We're on our way back though, it'll be good to see both sides battling it out near the very top of the table again. :)

your peronsal message next to your name is contrary to your post above Ben :) glad to see we have fans like you who understand and can appreciate things like this, I for one have always repsected Liverpool, you can tell that from my post above! good job bud!

yeah im leaving this thread alone and leaving this website. sick of a lot of people on here.

You're sick of US? None of us are going to make apologies about that.

You've made a thread specifically to gloat about how you've "knocked Liverpool off their ******* perch", with a seriously weird obsession with Liverpool. It's a ****** record, well done, move on. Did you see any Liverpool fans making threads about "HAR HAR WE'Z STILL TOP" every year you didn't break their record? No. What you do see are people like Ben who are taking it in good grace, realising that football is a dynamic game in which records are made to be broken. It seems that nobody really cares about this past United fans.

Speaking of which, ever wondered why people generalise about United fans? It's because individuals like you make them look bad.

United fans seem way over-concerned with Liverpool, I mean. We've not won the league in 20+ years, and you've now nearly caught up.;

You've made a thread specifically to gloat about how you've "knocked Liverpool off their ******* perch", with a seriously weird obsession with Liverpool. It's a ****** record, well done, move on. Did you see any Liverpool fans making threads about "HAR HAR WE'Z STILL TOP" every year you didn't break their record? No. What you do see are people like Ben who are taking it in good grace, realising that football is a dynamic game in which records are made to be broken. It seems that nobody really cares about this past United fans.

Speaking of which, ever wondered why people generalise about United fans? It's because individuals like you make them look bad.

To be fair, I believe it's copy and pasted from elsewhere.

But re-posting that garbage here was indeed 100% on him.

yeah. uhhh i'd thought we'd moved on an agreed it was just good old fashioned banter ? and you dont even know me as an individual so dont see how you could come to that conclusion. i also said SOME of you. I never made a thread to gloat, just asking if some people wanted to join a group on facebook in which on the final day of the season we all change our profile pictures to our favourite united players... past or present to celebrate this moment in English Football History... if they dont... fair play, but i'd like to leave that option up to them without attacking the person who came up with a simple idea. No doubt one day when United go through the phase where they haven't won any silverware and Liverpool have one a few more titles, or Chelsea have won a few more titles than in all fairness to the supporting parties... if an individual chose to make a group do celebrate this distinctive moment in football history then so be it... fair play to them. i'd sit back and think "oh well, we were up there to get knocked down. and now its happened." Is it a bad thing to want to celebrate with my fellow supporters because unfortunately we cant all be there at Old Trafford against Blackpool when Vidic lifts the trophy ? I never thought it would be, i called out to United supporters... you chose to get involved and wound up about it all.

---------- Post added at 02:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

To be fair, I believe it's copy and pasted from elsewhere.

But re-posting that garbage here was indeed 100% on him.

didnt copy paste anything... just quoted the above linked article with regards to "fuckign perch"... hence the quotation marks...

Pass, will be happy if we get 19, but doesnt mean its over. Getting 20 is just as important.

oh and dont get me wrong... i respect Liverpool and all their past achievements... the players they brought into the game or allowed to play for their team and grace the grass at Anfield... i have nothing against Liverpool really... I have nothing but respect for all football teams and their supporters because that's what i would expect from any other fan who supports a different team...

like i said, this post, this group, this event and all things to do with it are not for boasting or bragging rights... **** if it wasn't for Liverpool there would be no record to break! So i'm thankful that 20+ years ago they threw down the gauntlet... and that a group of fans asked us to come back when we'd won 18. If it wasnt for all of these people the next two weeks would be nothing special... nothing different to any other season in the league (maybe any other year it could have been a different team, but thats where the differences stop really when it all comes down to it) but this season is different because history is being made. Books will be re-written... where it used to state "Liverpool are the most successful team domestically." it will have to say "Manchester United..."

Forgive me for showing passion for the sport and the team i support... i thought that would be respected amongst all people on this forum, after all, at the end of the day... we're all fans of the same sport.

I'd love to know the reason United are so obsessed with Liverpool?

Heard the news? Kenny's signed a 3 year contract, we'll overtake you again when Fergie calls it a day ;)

lol in fairness you guys have been crowing about 18 since forever.

see this is the kinda thing i was hoping for in all honesty, and as W4FC B3N had supplied me with the word i was looking for (thanks ;) ), i'll use it - "banter"

no insulting anyone or the fact that they want to celebrate this feat, no need to start something out of nothing which has happened on this thread... i admit i could have formatted it differently and i admitted that... i thought the drama would end there...

so i apologise is this has has irked some members but that was never my intention.

I'll ignore all the other dross just to get to this point:

"Liverpool are the most successful team domestically." it will have to say "Manchester United..."

I somehow doubt it'll have to be rewritten, since United have been the most successful team domestically for some time now. They're ahead of Liverpool even if you take away things like Community Shields. Still, nothing like knowing your club's history, eh?

uhm, except they've only equaled the amount of first division/premier league titles - hence the importance of the coming two weeks.

oh and please stop nit picking at ONE sentence in my whole response. You understood what i was trying to say.

Sigh, this is why I hate 99% of united fans...

Ben - It's good news Kenny has signed a three year contract... he was clearly the man you Liverpool needed - he's done a good job. It's funny though, i was talking to my dad the other day and he mentioned something about how apparently some people are suggesting he deserves a knighthood and then he mentioned something about embezzlement about 20 years ago ? i dont know if there's any truth to what he was saying. just interesting to note how things quickly turn in football and soon people can forget things done in the past.