Avram Grant sacked.

Ride The Walrus

A pretty cool guy.
Reaction score
Avram Grant has been sacked as West Ham manager after failing to keep the club in the Barclays Premier League.

The Hammers were relegated to the Championship after losing 3-2 at Wigan and Grant has instantly paid the price after his side squandered a 2-0 first-half lead en route to the Football League.

Grant has been given the boot just eleven months after replacing Gianfranco Zola in the Upton Park hot-seat on a four year deal

Co-owners David Sullivan and David Gold have decided to take action to give Grant's successor enough time to rebuild for next season with automatic promotion at the top of the new manager's in-tray.
Sullivan and Gold swiftly moved to end Grant's brief tenure ahead of next Sunday's final Premier League clash against Sunderland to avoid any ugly confrontations with angry Hammers fans at Upton Park, aggrieved at the club's exit from the top flight.

Martin O'Neill was courted for the position back in January before he opted against the move to east London. Norwich manager Paul Lambert, Watford boss Malky Mackay and ex-Newcastle chief Chris Hughton are all believed to be on the shortlist of candidates devised by the club.

Gold admitted recently that a host of the club's key players will be sold this summer after Sullivan estimated the cost of relegation will be a hefty £40million.
Footballer of the year Scott Parker is certain to attract interest from a host of Premier League suitors with Tottenham leading the race to sign h

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz1MRhbZjxk

West Ham were **** under Zola (2nd part of his reign) and **** under Grant

Most of the players need to take a cold hard look at themselves

If Buckle doesn't come to Rovers. Avram will surely take us up a few leagues?!?! ;)

No real surprise to be honest, amazed it took so long after their slow start.

West Ham were **** under Zola (2nd part of his reign) and **** under Grant

Most of the players need to take a cold hard look at themselves

Along with the board. Brady especially. The only player imo who can hold his head up proudly is Scott Parker obviously.

Scott Parker to Spurs?

Relative to this thread though, did not rate Avram Grant at all.

Can't say I'm surprised. It was coming.

Ba has scored 7 goals in 11 games. Wont be West Ham player next season..

Can't say I'm surprised. It was coming.

Ba has scored 7 goals in 11 games. Wont be West Ham player next season..

If he can play on the left-wing, I'll happily take him as the poacher-that-we-don't-actually-need-unless-he's-on-the-left-wing...

Bad luck, West Ham. Feel sorry for them simply because of their stature... Used to be a decent side and they're FAR too good (in terms of individual players) to go down, but c'est la vie and c'est la premier league this season.

Question: How did their inspirational leader and their English rock of a CB not keep them up and prevent them from throwing away a 2 goal lead? #Arsenaljokes

Can see them trying to get a manager like Simon Grayson... Still, would like to know where is Grant going :D

Poor Grant, they could've at least waited till the season had officially finished. They should go for Curbs, he'll bring 'em straight back up.

I'll give them Carrick for Parker, Ba should join an Everton or Spurs.

Poor Grant, they could've at least waited till the season had officially finished. They should go for Curbs, he'll bring 'em straight back up.

I'll give them Carrick for Parker, Ba should join an Everton or Spurs.

Could see him going to Spurs. They desperately need a finisher

Along with the board. Brady especially. The only player imo who can hold his head up proudly is Scott Parker obviously.

And Thomas Hitzlsperger and Demba Ba, I'd say.

And Thomas Hitzlsperger and Demba Ba, I'd say.

On todays performance, good shout yeah. If that shot by Hitzlsperger went in near the end.....well there you go. The rest is history now unfortunately.

I would welcome Ba to Everton, although he's way out of budget.

I would welcome Ba to Everton, although he's way out of budget.

yep agree with that. won't go into the finances subject though or I'll just get depressed lol.

Back