Béticos: long live Betis even when they lose!

Great idea. Good to see another old timer back. Hope you have better luck in the knock out stages than betis had in my save haha!

Wooow...amazing....we need a 2/2 victory in Liga and a 4-0 with Gimnastic...then you can also loose with Gala and Granada, no problem...ahahahaha
Well, it wouldn't be a problem but I'd prefer to get all 6 points to be honest!

Great idea. Good to see another old timer back. Hope you have better luck in the knock out stages than betis had in my save haha!
Hahaha cheers mate, actually finding FM19 a lot more enjoyable than FM18 personally! Last year I also struggled really badly with tactics and formations but things worked out a lot better for me this year. Oh, and I'd love to see your Aberdeen side take on my Betis side, see who's laughing then ;)

View attachment 31908

December 2020

View attachment 31907

View attachment 31906
View attachment 31905
A final matchday victory over Galatasaray puts us far, far ahead of Shakhtar in 2nd, who managed to beat Basel 2-1 in their last group game meaning our opponents for our last game will go through to the Europa League. You can clearly see that as promising as this group was supposed to be, we crushed it and comfortably make it through to the next round where we'll face... Borussia Dortmund. Great. They finished 2nd in the Bundesliga 2 years ago and 3rd last season and now sit in 3rd again, so let's just say that we really were not given an easy opponent for Betis' first ever First Knockout round tie in the Champions League!

View attachment 31903
A decent win against Gimnastic to win the tie 5-3 on aggregate, putting us through to the Copa del Rey 5th round where we'll be facing Athletic Bilbao. Once again, not a very favourable draw to be honest but I guess as we get further and further in the competition we can't exactly expect easy opponents!

View attachment 31902
We finish this month unbeaten with some very decent wins against Espanyol and Getafe in La Liga, meaning that since our defeat against Barcelona at the end of September, our tally from 16 games is 13 wins, 2 draws and 1 defeat! How about that for a record! I'm honestly over the moon with how the team has performed in the last few months and if this first half of the season is anything to go by, we really will have an incredible season overall.

View attachment 31901
Atlético have a game in hand and are level on points with us, as we sit just 2 points away from 1st place in the league. A win in that game in hand we do have would put us in 3rd, maybe even 1st or 2nd if Real Madrid or Barcelona slip up. We would also be 6 points clear of Getafe who are in 5th, which would really ease off some pressure since we'd be nice and settled in the Champions League spots for next season.

View attachment 31897
A very busy and tough month ahead of us in January. With no money available, unless someone is sold, we won't be able to make any immediate signings. I'll definitely be taking a look at some players that we could sign pre-contracts with of course, but that's about it. As for our fixtures, the Copa del Rey tie against Bilbao should be the toughest games of our upcoming month. Games against Celta, Alaves and Valencia will also be tricky but I'm confident we can get decent results in those games considering our recent form.

View attachment 31858

January 2021

View attachment 31857

A 2-0 win away in Bilbao and a 4-1 win at home sees us through to the Copa del Rey quarter-final, which is the furthest I've ever gone as Betis manager! Bilbao are a great side so getting such a positive result is definitely encouraging, especially ahead of our very busy second half of the season now.

View attachment 31856
Bit of a tougher tie overall, but we come away with a 7-3 aggregate win thanks to a 4-2 win at home and 3-1 win away to secure a spot in the semi-final of the Copa del Rey where we'll face... you'll have to see in the schedule for February!

View attachment 31855
Another decent month for us overall despite a disappointing defeat against Celta Vigo at home and two draws against Villareal and Valencia. Some great results in the Copa del Rey means that we're getting closer to a chance at silverware which is really exciting, but at the same time we have to be realistic and think about some of the teams left in the competition...

View attachment 31851
Sitting in 4th place after 20 games is definitely a great achievement for this club. With a win in our game in hand, we would be level with Atletico who are just ahead of us and 8 points clear of Getafe in 5th, which definitely provides us with a bit of leeway for when we face the best sides in the league (aka Atletico, Real Madrid and Barcelona).

View attachment 31850
I'm not kidding when I say this this time around, this has GOT to be the toughest month of my career so far. A Copa del Rey tie against Real Madrid, the first leg in our Champions League 1st Knockout Round tie against Dortmund and league games against Barcelona, Sevilla, Real Madrid and Bilbao... Wish me luck...

February is really hard....3 mathes with Real, also Barcelona and Sevilla away....Play in Dortmund 1st match is really good...

View attachment 31790

February 2021

View attachment 31789

So then. February, as I mentioned previously, must be one of (if not our) worst month since I arrived at the club and we really didn't start off in the best way. A defeat against Sevilla makes it my very first defeat in a Sevillano derby. Incredibly disappointing to be honest, but at the same time we have more important things to worry about (Champions League and Copa del Rey of course)!

View attachment 31788
Our month didn't continue in the best way either. A 5-3 defeat against Dortmund away from home does mean that we have 3 away goals, but more importantly it means that we're 2 goals down after the first leg... The second leg will be coming up in March, at which point I hope we'll be ready to cause an upset.

View attachment 31787
One of the huge positives of this month however was our 3-1 win over Real Madrid in La Liga! With some difficult matches in the Copa del Rey semi-final, it was also going to be tough facing them in the league but Sergio León, who was stepping in for the injured Håland, did the job and scored a hat-trick to give us all 3 points!

View attachment 31783
This one is a bit of a weird one, I'll admit, but I really wanted to make it happen. Following his retirement last season. Zlatan was available as a manager but I figured who better to have as my number 2 than my favourite player of all time! Zlatan comes in as the new assistant manager at the club which should really be an interesting experience considering he'll be in charge of press conferences!

View attachment 31782
How about that!!! Despite getting completely dominated as Madrid were throwing everyone forward, we manage a 2-1 win at the Bernabéu to get a 5-1 aggregate win against Los Blancos to go through to the Copa del Rey final for the first time since 2004/05, when the club defeated Osasuna to win the whole thing. We'll be facing Sevilla in the final, who knocked out Valencia in the semis so it should be an absolutely incredible final. I'm keen on getting our revenge for the derby in the league though...

View attachment 31781
A definite drop in form in February, with an incredible 8 games to play throughout the month. 3 defeats, a draw and 4 wins isn't bad but we could've done better for sure, especially against Sevilla.

View attachment 31780
We sit in 4th (still) after now 25 games, but our gap with Atletico has increased and our gap with 5th place has decreased. That gap with Sevilla could end up being just ONE point if our rivals win their game in hand, which will make for a stressful end to the season to say the least... The main goal now is to get Champions League football for next season, so let's pray we can make that happen.

View attachment 31779
We can definitely relax a little bit next month thanks to the international break. Our game against Dortmund will be an incredibly tense one and if we get the 2 goals we need without conceding any then we might play one or two more games in March but overall, definitely less stressful than last month. We should realistically be beating Zaragoza and Malaga, Sociedad will be a big tougher but I'm confident we can get a good result after beating them 3-0 away from home in our last league game against them.

View attachment 31118

March 2021

View attachment 31117

After a long weekend full of work, FIFA Weekend League grinding and watching Betis beat Barcelona in La Liga in real life, I'm finally back! Not with good news I'm afraid... We get knocked out of the Champions League by Dortmund after a 2-2 draw at home in Seville, a result that is absolutely tough to take but also a lot better than I anticipated and that the board anticipated. A 7-5 aggregate defeat to a side like Dortmund is nothing to be ashamed of and I'm confident that we'll be back even stronger in the Champions League next season.

View attachment 31113
Being out of the Champions League is sad of course, but it does allow us to now focus on La Liga and making sure that we get Champions League football next season! After such a good European campaign this year, it would really be a shame if we didn't make it back next season. Dropping points against Zaragoza was disappointing but we thankfully made up for it with good wins against Malaga and Sociedad.

View attachment 31116
Atletico, the two-times league holders, are definitely struggling this season sitting 9 points behind their arch rivals Real Madrid who look set for the La Liga title, as we sit in 4th. Dropping a few points here and there means that Sevilla can catch up to us and be just a point behind with 10 games to go, not the kind of stress I wanted to deal with this season!

View attachment 31110
Levante, Girona, Espanyol and Osasuna in the league up next. All these teams sit below 11th place, with 2 of them actually being in the last quarter of the table, in 15th and 19th place. We should realistically be winning all these games and at this point, we HAVE to win these games if we don't want Sevilla to catch up to us. The good news is that our last huge game of the season in La Liga is in May against Atletico since we've faced Real Madrid and Barcelona twice already. The big game next month though will of course be the Copa del Rey final against Sevilla, the first time ever that a Sevillano derby will be played in the cup final.

View attachment 31109
And of course the usual Spain national team news, which might not come anymore if we don't get better results than this! The World Cup qualifiers have now started and with a draw and a loss in our first two games, things aren't looking good. I said the only thing I could do before retiring with the Spanish national team was winning the World Cup but I might not even last till then at this rate!

View attachment 30977

April 2021

View attachment 30976

We went a goal down early on but responded immediately thanks to Camarasa, as Marin and León both score to give us a 4-1 win away against Levante, which is a huge result at this late stage in the league. We're playing well and with confidence and hopefully that carries over all the way into the Copa del Rey final.

View attachment 30975
Another away trip and another win. Marin and Håland score our goals as we come out 2-0 winners, with Marin stealing Gnabry's starting spot ever since the German's injury and it looks like I might keep Antonio in the team in the long run considering his form...

View attachment 30974
Håland has turned out to be an absolute revelation this season as he scores yet again in a 2-0 win against Osasuna! Cataldi has also been an absolute bargain signing; to think we signed him for €2.8 million from Lazio and he's now worth almost €10 million and our top goalscorer in La Liga is actually insane to be honest... Another good result as we get closer to the end of the season.

View attachment 30973
A frustrating result against Espanyol considering the amount of chances we had throughout the game, but it's still a point thanks to León scoring another brace. It definitely isn't the best way for us to prepare for our Copa del Rey final against Sevilla but they actually lost 1-0 to Real Madrid at home so if anything, we'll be more up for it than they will...

View attachment 30971
View attachment 30970
WE'VE DONE IT!!! After an incredibly stressful game where we went 3-1 up at half-time, only for Sevilla to come back to 3-3 just 3 minutes into the second half, we go and win the Copa del Rey thanks to a winner from Erling Håland, who surely has to be the fan's player of the season now! I'm honestly so proud of these lads, they played their hearts out today and it's another Sevillano derby win for the club and I and what an important win this turned out to be. It does mean we've qualified for the Europa League group stages with that cup win, not that that'll matter if we make it to Champions League football by the end of the season.

View attachment 30969
An undefeated month in April and more importantly a win in the Copa del Rey final, taking the club's tally to 3 Copa del Rey's to Sevilla's 5. We're definitely on course to becoming the more successful side in Seville now!

View attachment 30968
We sit in 4th and 9 points clear of our rivals Sevilla with just 6 games left to go now. Is it too early to say we've got Champions League football for next season? Maybe... One thing's for sure though, a win against Atletico in our first game in May could be huge for us since it would get us just a point away from them. Could we get all the way up to a podium finish in 3rd?!

View attachment 30966
Atletico, Getafe, Alaves and Valencia will all be very tough games in May as we'll be hoping to finish the season strong following a good Champions League campaign and an incredible Copa del Rey campaign. If we get maximum points from the 4 games I mentioned above, surely we can secure a top 3 finish in La Liga right? I'll certainly be counting on Petagna and Håland, as well as Marin, Gnabry and Oxlade-Chamberlain to come up with the goods and get us that top 3 spot if we can get it.

View attachment 30922

May 2021 and end of season 3

View attachment 30921

A really, really decent result against Atletico as we manage a 2-2 draw thanks to more goals from Cataldi and Håland, allowing us to put the pressure on Simeone's side who are just ahead of us in the league.

View attachment 30920
A huge win against Getafe as both our strikers score, with Cataldi scoring yet another one! He's still our top goalscorer in La Liga this season which is actually incredible considering he plays as a defensive midfielder...

View attachment 30919
Another great result this time away to Alaves with Håland and Cataldi, the usual suspects, scoring both our goals in this 2-0 win. It's great to be in such good form in the last few games of the season and all we really need now is a slip up from either Barcelona or Atletico to try and finish 3rd if possible!

View attachment 30918
View attachment 30917
That win against Alaves did bring some incredible news at the end, as it was officially confirmed that we qualified for next season's Champions League with a top 4 finish! I was over the moon with the news and so were all the players as well, who actually had no idea we could secure that by the end of this game but a slip up from Sevilla in 5th has allowed us to secure Champions League football for next season. In all my excitement, I got in touch with the board who of course were aware of the situation and disclosed to me the budget available next summer: €20 million. The best budget I've received since joining Betis which is great, but still just so far off the likes of Valencia, Atletico, Real Madrid and Barcelona. Even Sevilla have a bigger budget I'm sure!

View attachment 30916
A disappointing result against Eibar as we try to push for a top 3 finish. León is our saviour once again which he's done countless times this season already and it's a shame we can't keep him next season. He will be leaving on a free as he told me earlier this season since he wasn't getting any playing time and the moment he started performing, he asked for his wage to be doubled and I just can't afford that if I want to bring in good players next season...

View attachment 30915
León once again is our hero as he scores a penalty in the 29th minute to give us a 1-0 win, crucial as it now puts us just a point away from Barcelona with just the final game to be played. They face Malaga who will be fighting for their spot in La Liga sitting in 18th place, and we face 7th place Valencia.

View attachment 30914
A huge victory thanks to Cataldi who scores another 2 goals as we manage to get a win against a strong Valencia side. The question now is, have we finished 3rd or 4th? I didn't pay attention to the Barcelona result during the game since I was focusing on this match of course, but let's see what happened.

View attachment 30913
Just before we check though, let's look back on May and the great results we got! A draw against Atletico and our win against Valencia were the best results of the month, with the draw against Eibar the worst result. We were unbeaten once again though, taking our unbeaten tally to 14 games (with our last defeat against Barcelona in the league)! Just incredible.

View attachment 30912
Unfortunately we'll only be able to finish in 4th! It's still an incredible achievement, just sad that we couldn't capitalise on Barcelona slipping up a few times. Atletico finish in 2nd and couldn't keep up with their rivals Real Madrid. I'm so proud of the team as we get the 3rd best attack and defence in the league and finish 4th. What a season honestly, just can't believe some of the results we got throughout the year and what a way to end my 3rd season in charge of Betis.

View attachment 30911
View attachment 30910
View attachment 30909
Håland wins the Young Player of the Year, meaning the last 3 awards given out were to Betis players! That's great to see of course, it shows that we're a forward-thinking club wanting to develop young players at the club and it's been quite successful! Cataldi was a revelation as well, winning the Player of the Year ahead of the title winning Gareth Bale and Marco Asensio, which makes that so much more impressive. Finally, we get 2 players in a Madrid-dominated Team of the Year which is fantastic to see and what a signing Håland and Cataldi have turned out to be honestly.

View attachment 30905
View attachment 30904
View attachment 30903
What an incredible season we just had. We started off really well then fell off the wagon completely and about a third into the season settled into that 4th spot and never left it. With some incredible attendance and some great results overall, we also managed to win the Copa del Rey and get all the way to the First Knockout round in the Champions League, which is huge for me. Cataldi wins the Player of the Season and Goal of the Season awards at the club's awards a few nights ago, while Håland wins the Signing of the Season and Young Player of the Season awards. To be fair, you could have also made a case for him winning the Player of the Season with 25 goals and 16 assists in 44 games in all competitions, but Cataldi was just incredible with 21 goals and 6 assists in 47 games in all competitions from the defensive midfield position. Petagna (48 games, 25 goals, 9 assists) and Camarasa (46 games, 3 goals, 3 assists) were the unsung heroes of this season as well, despite the Italian striker having a quiet second half of the season. That does it for my 3rd season at Betis, I'm now off to the UEFA Nations League semi-final with the Spanish national team where we'll face France, let's hope we can go on and win the whole thing! Wish me luck.

View attachment 30649

Pre-season (July/August 2021) and new signings

View attachment 30648
View attachment 30647

So, first few days of the new season now and the first thing I decided to do was to sign Ajer and Dalot back on loan after such fantastic seasons from them last year. It is only on loan of course and I am risking making these players a lot better for their parent clubs but who knows, if we get a bit of money together we might be able to sign them permanently at some point!

View attachment 30644
View attachment 30641
Our only real big money signing comes from Valencia; with Mendy gone back to City after his year on loan, we needed a new quality left-back to compete in the Champions League and Gayà for an initial fee of €9 million is just a great deal. He should be a fantastic signing for us and hopefully will do a good job as one of the new permanent signings here.

View attachment 30639
View attachment 30638
I wanted to bring in some depth and quality at the centre-back position, hence why Musacchio is one of two free signings we made this summer. With experience from playing at AC Milan and in Spain with Villareal, he should be perfect for when a key defender gets injured and needs replacing.

View attachment 30637
View attachment 30636
This one might seem like an odd one to most of you, but Meyer is probably our most high-profile signing of the window. After 3 decent seasons with Palace in the Premier League, the German playmaker clearly wanted a fresh start and despite being wanted by Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Roma and the likes, he chose Betis! He doesn't actually fit in the team completely since we don't play with an attacking midfielder, but I could definitely switch the tactics around for a player of his quality.

View attachment 30635
View attachment 30634
It's a return to the Benito Villamarín for Mariano! With León's contract expiring (which he has since then renewed, taking a wage cut...), I needed a new backup striker and when I saw that Mariano was available, I jumped at the opportunity to sign him. He was too expensive to sign permanently and his wages were too high for us to even pay in the first place, so the best thing to do was to pay monthly fees and get him on loan, which will end up costing us about €3 million or so if I'm not mistaken. Decent deal for sure.

View attachment 30633
Pau López had been unhappy for a while and when United came in for me, he created all sorts of chaos to get a move away to England. We get a nice fee for him but I really do wish we could've kept him as a good Spanish goalkeeper. This of course left me in some trouble since we were left with von Ballmoos as our only keeper in the senior team!

View attachment 30632
View attachment 30631
Thankfully for us, Leipzig wanted rid of Prévot after just a season with them. Not the best news for us I guess but he performed well with them last season, keeping 5 clean sheets in 13 Bundesliga games and 8 clean sheets in 20 games in total, which isn't bad at all for a backup keeper. He comes in for really cheap too so the risk factor isn't too high with this signing.

View attachment 30629
Speaking of the summer, let's just say mine wasn't exactly relaxing as I had to deal with the Nations League and the Confederations Cup! We did come 4th in the Nations League which was really disappointing, but a switch from my normal 4-2-4 to a 4-2-3-1 with 2 deep midfielders, basically just moving a striker as an attacking midfielder and it's worked out perfectly! We win the Confederations Cup emphatically by winning against France and Brazil which is just fantastic.

View attachment 30628
View attachment 30627
View attachment 30626
Our fantastic performances last season caught the eye of a few big European teams, who were wanting to bid for Petagna and Marin but thankfully 3 of our players agreed to new contracts, the two most important ones being Petagna and Marin who will be crucial to our success this season as well.

View attachment 30625
View attachment 30624
After winning the league title last season, Real Madrid are made favourites for the title again this season. As for us, we're predicted to finish in 6th despite a 4th place finish last season which the bookies clearly think was a one-off... Let's hope they're wrong!

View attachment 30623
A successful pre-season for us with some good results against the likes of Marseille and Leipzig. A defeat in the Supercopa was a little disappointing but just losing 1-0 against Real Madrid gives me a lot of hope ahead of the new season, especially considering we conceded a goal to Lewandowski...

View attachment 30622
Some big games in the start of our season so far, and that's without knowing our opponents in the Champions League! Two back to back La Liga games against Barcelona and Real Madrid will be intense, but let's hope for some decent results early on to kickstart our season well.

Barca + Real in the same week and first of Champion's league match.....not good! BTW, this year we need more than a 4th place, yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

View attachment 30322

August/September 2021

View attachment 30321

Well then... After a pretty favourable draw last season, it looks like UEFA have made up for it by giving us two of the best teams in Europe in the same group! We'll be facing PSG and Manchester City in the Champions League, along with Cagliari who have somehow made it to the group stages! I think it might be fair to say that we'll be hoping for a good draw in the Europa League.

View attachment 30320
And of course in a quick Spain update, we did get back on track with 2 great wins against Luxembourg and Estonia. It was to be expected of course, but definitely feels good to get a few good results on the board.

View attachment 30319
A really even game somehow ends with a win for us, thanks to a 91st minute from our new signing Gayà who absolutely picked the right time to score his first goal for the club! What a huge result against Manchester City to kickstart our Champions League campaign!

View attachment 30318
Another MASSIVE result for us as we edge out Barcelona in a very tight encounter, winning 2-1 thanks to goals from Petagna and Marin! Away at the Camp Nou, it's fair to say that this really is a monumental result for us as we continue our great start to the season. Bring on Real Madrid!

View attachment 30317
I was really worried after going 1-0 down just 2 minutes into the game, but what a turnaround this was! Another massive result for the club as Håland becomes our hero with a brace in 11 minutes in the second half to get us all 3 points! What a positive result especially given we lost 1-0 the last time we faced the Merengues. We really have started our season off well haven't we!

View attachment 30316
Cagliari ended up being a very tough opponent but we come away worthy winners of our second group game in the Champions League, once again thanks to our usual suspects Marin and Håland! A fantastic way to start off our Champions League campaign ahead of our next game against Neymar's PSG...

View attachment 30315
An immaculate start to our season with just one draw in all competitions and all wins in our other games, despite facing the likes of Manchester City, Barcelona and Real Madrid! I'm incredibly proud of the players and the way the team has already gelled together despite the new signings so far. It's really been a positive start to our season but we're only a month in so I'm certainly hoping we won't start dropping off come the end of October.

View attachment 30314
View attachment 30313
We sit in 2nd behind Valencia, who are the only other unbeaten team in the league so far. Barcelona languish in 10th somehow, while both Madrid sides are just on our tail. We've started off really well in the league, let's keep it going. Same story in the Champions League with 2 wins from 2 games, putting us in a fantastic position to start off our campaign.

View attachment 30312
Another tough month ahead of us in October. Valencia and PSG back to back will be hard but with both games at home, I'm hopeful. We also will be playing against Mensajero in the Copa del Rey 4th round as we defend our cup title of course. An interesting month to say the least but I'm really hoping to keep our unbeaten record intact!

Great!!! Champions league group is SOOO HARD, but if you play well with PSG you can also think to pass....in Liga, the DOBLETE with Barca and Real is amazing, this year can be a GREAT YEAR!!!!

View attachment 30243

October 2021

View attachment 30242

After a late, late win against City in our first Champions League game and a good result away against Cagliari, we come away on top once again in Europe with a huge win against PSG! 2-0 doesn't really do the game justice as the French side had plenty of chances but it's a huge result for us thanks to a brace from Mariano.

View attachment 30241
Another huge result against the then-league leaders Valencia as we win 2-0 thanks to a Håland brace. We've really had a crazy start to the season and it just seems to get better and better with this result now. The Norwegian wonderkid continues his incredible form for us as well which makes me so proud considering I was the one who pushed to sign him!

View attachment 30240
Another unbeaten month for us in October as we get 2 disappointing draws against Getafe and Deportivo but win the rest of our matches. If things continue to go the way they have, it might not be a crazy expectation to be challenging for the title!

View attachment 30239
View attachment 30238
We end October top of La Liga after another crazy month, with our rivals Sevilla right behind us. If Real Madrid and Barcelona continue to drop points this season, we really might have a chance to finish high up in the league and at this rate, this is now becoming a realistic expectation. As for the Champions League, a win against PSG in Paris in our next game would actually put us through to the next round which is insane to think about considering how tough the group we were drawn into was.

View attachment 30237
Some big games next month against PSG and City but in the grand scheme of things might not mean much if we get good results against both of them. Both games are away so it'll obviously be tougher than the first time we played them, and I'm definitely not expecting to get amazing results then but it would be good of course.

View attachment 30219

November 2021

View attachment 30215

I was quite busy during the international break, leading the Spanish national team to another 2 great wins against Luxembourg and Estonia, which in turn qualified us for the 2022 World Cup next summer!

View attachment 30214
View attachment 30213
Despite some early bad results against Serbia and Switzerland, the formation change to a 4-2-3-1 with deep midfielders helped tremendously and we come away as group winner just ahead of Serbia, conceding just one goal (in our 1-0 defeat to Serbia) in 8 games. Not bad at all!

View attachment 30212
Back to Betis now, as we lose 3-1 to PSG in our second game against them. The Parc des Princes is always a tough place to go to so I'm not too disappointed, just hoping that our good home results against both City and PSG will put us through!

View attachment 30211
We got a late goal against them at home, they do the same at the Etihad! A disappointing result once again but with our better head-to-head ratio over PSG, we still sit in 2nd in the group with just one game left in the Champions League: at home against Cagliari. We'll have to pray for a draw between City and PSG and a good result for us against Cagliari now.

View attachment 30210
Our first two defeats of the season finally come as we lose to both City and PSG in the Champions League. Things are still all good in La Liga, with 2 wins and a draw from our 3 games this month.

View attachment 30209
View attachment 30208
Still top of the league in La Liga as our great form continues! The inevitable games against Sevilla and Atletico will be extremely tough but with our form, I believe we're ready for the challenge. As for the Champions League, there are 3 possible scenarios: the first one where City beat PSG and we can afford losing to Cagliari, the second where PSG and City draw and we'd need at least a point from our Cagliari game and the 3rd where PSG beat City and we need a win against Cagliari to go through...

View attachment 30207
Sevilla, Cagliari and Mensajero are our 3 big games next month. As I say every month, it'll be tough to get full points from all our upcoming games but I do believe in the team and our ability so let's see what we can do!

View attachment 30116
So we start off the update with a huge game against Cagliari and what a game it was! Two quick-fire goals from Håland and Oxlade-Chamberlain gave us a 2-0 lead at half-time and despite having to defend that lead for 30 minutes and playing the last 10 with just 10 men, we held on and managed to get all 3 points! On top of that, with PSG drawing with City we come top of the group to make it out to the next round of the Champions League for the second year in a row, an incredible achievement given the group we were put in!

View attachment 30112
The happiness of going through as group winners slowly went away as I realised we had to go to Turin and face the beast that is Juventus in the next round later this season... We would have probably been better off finishing 2nd honestly (although saying that, City drew Dortmund who we lost to last season so maybe not!)...

View attachment 30111
Another away Sevillano derby win allows us to continue our great run of form and our great start to the season so far, still sitting top of the league almost halfway through! Ajer scored a late, late goal to counter Ben Yedder's very early goal for Sevilla and we get all 3 points once again in a very intense game.

View attachment 30110
To be honest, we needed all 3 points after a horrendous defeat away against Vallecano which seriously hindered our chances of creating a bit of a gap at the top of the league but oh well... An undefeated month other than that result does put us in a great position going into 2022.

View attachment 30109
Level on points with Real Madrid, just 2 points ahead of Valencia in 3rd. It's going to be a tough few months now to defend this first place but we'll be fighting incredibly hard for it I can guarantee you! With Atletico in 4th and Barcelona in 9th, this might be our only chance to either winning the league or at least challenge for it...

View attachment 30108
Two games to start off the month quite easily against 20th and 19th place in the league, then a tie against Barcelona in the Copa del Rey then 3 HUGE league games against Atletico in 4th, Girona in 6th and Levante in 5th. This is where league title winners shine and get all points possible. Given our current form, we can certainly do that but we're going to need to work hard to get the results we want to stay top of the league. This will also be the start of the transfer window and with about €12 million to spend, we might bring in some quality for the next 6 months and look into pre-contract signings too of course!

View attachment 30065

January 2022

View attachment 30064

Our first huge game of 2022 was a trip to the Camp Nou higher up north in Spain, which we very happily ended up doing as we get a 3-2 away win against the Blaugrana! A 90th minute winner from Mariano not only gives us a goal-advantage but also 3 away goals which is just fantastic.

View attachment 30063
A 1-0 defeat at home had me fearing the worst, especially considering we conceded late in the first half but we dominated the game afterwards and kept a hold of the ball, allowing us to lose just 1-0 meaning we're going through to the Copa del Rey quarter-final where we'll play Vallecano thanks to our 3 away goals from the Camp Nou game!

View attachment 30059
A huge blow for us as Gayà, after an incredible first half of the season with the club, decides to leave for Liverpool. He joins Munir who also left the club for Liverpool about a year and a half ago now (who's now moved to Dortmund and is on the transfer list there by the way, what a shame...). It really isn't a good time to lose a player of José's calibre to be honest but what can I say if players think that Betis isn't big enough of a club? What I don't understand is why José would want to move when we're top of the league.

View attachment 30055
View attachment 30054
I didn't waste any time signing a replacement for our departed left-back, with Rogério coming in from Juventus for just under €10 million. He's an absolute bargain if you ask me considering he was a starter for a while at Juve before getting pushed out by Alex Sandro who is quite obviously the better player. Nevertheless, he's just 24 years old and will hopefully stay here for the long-term as he'll be our main left-back for the next few months at least.

View attachment 30052
I was worried about this matchup with Vallecano considering they beat us in the league back in December but the tie ended up going very, very well. A 3-0 aggregate win for us puts us through to the Copa del Rey semi-final against Villareal in our title defence. An incredible performance from the team in the last few games in the competition.

View attachment 30049
Some great results throughout the month and just 2 defeats mean that we, once again, continue our incredible form in the league! Atletico did beat us 2-1 at home but it was a pretty meaningless result in the grand scheme of things as we got good results in our other games and Atletico actually dropped quite a few points themselves.

View attachment 30048
Some great form throughout January leaves us top of the league once again, this time with a nice little 3-point gap at the top! Next month is packed with difficult fixtures which might change that of course, but the fact that we also sit 11 points clear of 4th place (just 8 points if Atletico win against Deportivo but still) is also incredible since it means that we have quite a bit of room for bad results. We don't want that to happen of course but you never know what can happen in football.

View attachment 30044
A tough tie in the Copa del Rey against Villareal to look forward to, as well as an away game in Turin against Juventus in the Champions League and games against Barcelona and Real Madrid! The Blaugranas will want revenge after we knocked them out of the Copa del Rey so there'll be that extra little bit of fire in the game I'm sure, but I'm confident we can get a result still. Wish me luck for February though! I'll definitely need it...

8 matches in 24 days.....a match every 3 days, so hard february!!!But you can do results, also because Atletic Bilbao and Granada are the right matches for give a rest to some key players....
Gaya is a really big lost, but Rogerio can do good things....for the future, check FEDERICO DIMARCO and LUCA PELLEGRINI...but in 2022 i think they are in some TOP TEAMS!

View attachment 29962

February 2022

View attachment 29961

A huge game against Cristiano Ronaldo's Juventus but a Mariano brace gives us not only 2 away goals but a 2-goal advantage going into the second leg at home! This is a MASSIVE result for us considering how good Juve are but honestly, I just don't know who can stop us considering our form this season...

View attachment 29959
After a disappointing 1-1 draw in the first leg of this semi-final, I was slightly worried going into the second leg since Villareal are clearly a decent side but we come away 3-0 winners in this huge game and go through to the Copa del Rey final for the 2nd year in a row, courtesy of Oxlade-Chamberlain and Marin! What a season those two are having honestly... In the other semi-final, it's Levante who won in extra-time against Sevilla so it won't be another Sevillano derby in the final but this is a very exciting opportunity for us to defend our title!

View attachment 29958
Barcelona have been in absolute shambles this season and this is just another example of that. We managed an insane 30 shots against them in this game and come away 2-0 winners with goals from Cataldi and Gnabry who just DOMINATED the pitch today. What a result for us as we keep fighting for the league title with Real Madrid and Valencia!

View attachment 29956
Another massive result!!! This one definitely wasn't as easy as the previous one and we just about managed to win thanks again to Gnabry and Cataldi. Real Madrid are right below us in the league so a win against them is huge and gives us plenty of leeway for further on in the season when we might lose a game or two. I don't want that to happen obviously, but you just never know.

View attachment 29954
Two draws, one defeat and 5 wins in our 8 matches this month. Not bad at all considering some of the opponents we faced but our dropped points against both Granada and Bilbao has been a huge blow to our league title challenge as Valencia have slowly caught up now and it's sure going to be a very intense last few games now.

View attachment 29953
With 12 games to go, we sit top of the league. Valencia do have a game in hand and could overtake us with a win in that game but as of right now we're top. We're also 9 points clear of Real Madrid which is huge. What an end to the season this is going to be!

View attachment 29952
Two huge games against Juventus and Valencia await us, on top of a potential Champions League quarter-final first leg match if we were to get past the Italian giants. And an international break to deal with as well... This is going to be a tough month too!

View attachment 29929

March 2022

View attachment 29928

We've done it!!! This is the biggest achievement of my managerial career as we draw 2-2 with Juventus at home, securing a 4-2 aggregate win over the Italian champions and going through to the Champions League quarter-final, the best the club has ever done in the competition. Marin and Mariano have proved to be so important this season and this game was no different. What a result! We now have to anxiously wait and see who we get in the next round...

View attachment 29927
We did have an international break to prepare for the 2022 World Cup which I thought was happening in the summer but it's not! It's not been moved from Qatar in a very controversial decision, so we'll be travelling to said-country in November this year to compete in the World Cup...

View attachment 29926
Another HUGE victory for us in the title race for this season's La Liga. A win over Valencia means we've increased our lead a little bit and it could prove to be a key result at the end of the season since we'll have the better head-to-head record over Valencia.

View attachment 29923
Unfortunately, as good as the Valencia result was, it was our only win of the month. That not only means that we've lost out on a LOT of points that we could be clear of Real Madrid and Valencia from but we've also allowed both those teams to catch up to us and potentially overtake us if we don't get better results in April.

View attachment 29922
With 8 games left, Real Madrid are just 2 points behind us while Valencia could overtake us with a win in their game in hand. It's going to be a very tense and close finish to this La Liga season but I honestly don't want anything other than the league title now. We've worked so hard this season and have been top of the league for so long that winning the title is what we deserve.

View attachment 29921
Games against Espanyol, Vallecano, Villareal and Sociedad in the league are games we should all win to be honest. At this point, whether we should or not isn't the question. We HAVE to win them to have a chance at the league title. We'll also have to deal with the Champions League quarter-final tie against Real Madrid and a Copa del Rey final against Levante so it's fair to say we have a stressful month ahead of us...