Béticos: long live Betis even when they lose!

View attachment 29895

April 2022

View attachment 29894

We come crashing out of the Champions League after getting obliterated by Real Madrid. I guess that's what hundreds of millions in transfer expenses gets you. Last time Real Madrid knocked us out of a European competition was in my first season in charge when we reached the semi-final of the Europa League so it's another bitter pill to swallow but also an improvement on last season's Champions League performance so I'm happy! Let's just hope we can deny them the La Liga title now and win it ourselves to get some revenge.

View attachment 29893
Fair to say that Valencia have the easiest run of games for the last 5 out of the 3 contenders but we're close seconds with 3 games against teams in the bottom quarter of the table. Our two games against Sevilla and Atletico will probably be the deciders in what will be some huge back to back home games.

View attachment 29892
View attachment 29891
We win back-to-back Copa del Rey's after our earlier Champions League disappointment! An incredible final comes to a close with us as 4-2 winners, thanks to our usual suspects now Marin, Mariano, Gnabry and Cataldi! What a game this was and what a comeback Levante mounted in the dying moments of the game but we managed to do really well to hold on to our lead and win 4-2. Our aggregate win over Barcelona in the earlier rounds is definitely the highlight of our campaign and what an incredible Copa del Rey campaign overall. Now onto La Liga which we can hopefully win as well!

View attachment 29889
Some great results throughout the month and a disappointing result against Vallecano once again but we hold strong at the top of the league still!

View attachment 29888
View attachment 29886
Our win at the end of the month against Zaragoza allows us to qualify for next season's Champions League which is great. On top of that, the board have also allowed me to spend more than €15 million for the first time since I joined the club! Is it a bad time to give up on this story for my next one already? If we do win the league title, I am willing to continue this story for another season at least to see where it takes us though...

View attachment 29882
View attachment 29881
Sevilla did us a huge favour by beating Real Madrid in their last match as we now sit 2 points clear at the top of the table. There's no room for mistakes now with our last 3 games including one against Sevilla and one against Atletico... Real Madrid's last 2 games include games against Atletico and Levante so we have the upper hand for sure with our final day match against already-relegated Las Palmas. It's up to us to win or lose this league title now...

View attachment 29803

May 2022 and end of season 4

View attachment 29801

First news of the month is some transfer news to hopefully get you excited for the upcoming summer! With the €30 million we now have in the bank, I have to say that Adama crying out for me through the media was something. He's a fantastic player who earned a move to Manchester United from Wolves a few seasons ago and clearly isn't liking it there. We currently have Oxlade-Chamberlain as our right-winger of course but he's very, very injury prone so I am actually thinking about moving him on and Traoré could be the perfect replacement...

View attachment 29800
View attachment 29799
Some more transfer news and we did manage to secure a pre-contract signing in Douglas Luiz. He's played in Spain before and has done pretty well at Frankfurt this season. With Ajer leaving to go back to Barcelona for next season, he's a perfect replacement for him and he can really improve at 23 years old.

View attachment 29798
Our impeccable record in Sevillano derbies continues as we smash our rivals 4-1 thanks to a Camarasa hat-trick! It's incredible for any player to score 3 goals in one game but our defensive midfielder? Just wow... This win also puts us one step closer to the league title, which isn't making the end of the season any less stressful!

View attachment 29797
We were just 2 points ahead of Real Madrid with 2 games to go so a draw with Atletico now means that we're level on points with the Champions League semi-finalists with just one game to go. We play Las Palmas and they face Atletico in a Madrid derby. Who will win the league?!

View attachment 29794
View attachment 29793
View attachment 29792
WE WILL!!! We win the club's first EVER La Liga title with a dramatic win over Las Palmas in our last game of the season while Atletico beat Real Madrid to allow us to finish 3 points clear of Los Merengues! What an incredible season this has been and what a double we've managed to complete by winning the league! I can't say I didn't see this title coming considering how good we have been and how incredible the likes of Marin and Håland have been throughout the year but it's just incredible to get some final confirmation that we have done it and won the league.

View attachment 29791
View attachment 29790
View attachment 29789
Håland quite comfortably wins the Player of the Season and Young Player of the Season at the Betis seasonal awards while Dalot wins the goal of the season and Rogério wins the signing of the season despite coming in in January. What an incredible season it's been, what a year to be a Betis fan. Two strikers end on 20 goals as well whici is just fantastic and hopefully next season will be just as successful.

View attachment 29788
View attachment 29787
View attachment 29786
View attachment 29785
Just when you thought Håland couldn't have had a better season he also wins the Young Player of the Year award! An incredible season for the Norwegian wonderkid. Oh and how about Von Ballmoos winning the Goalkeeper of the Year award ahead of the likes of Courtois and Ter Stegen?! What a signing he's also turned out to be in the last few years. That does it for season 4, next up will be the summer update for season 5 and then who knows since I will be starting my Parma story! Stay tuned on here though, this story isn't going away just yet...

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........CAMPEONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations on winning La Liga mate....this is a wonderful achievement in such a small amount of time! Incredible stuff my friend!!