Babel charged over Twitter posts

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
The Football Association charges Liverpool forward Ryan Babel over posts on Twitter.

More...

Are you ******* serious?

pathetic. Like the FA have anything better to do. Yeah, was a bit silly, but for christs sake

This is what they are trying to say basiclly

You are not allowed to have an opinon in football anymore

FA should fine FIFA for the joke that will be the 2022 World Cup

Lol, ahh well.

He'll get fined, he won't get banned.

Odds on him getting sent off next time he plays in a game where Webb is ref? ;)

Oh come ON! Are you being serious? Ridiculous!

It's his opinion, heat of the moment. Lol at the FA!

What ever happened to freedom of speech?
Football becomes more and more of a joke tbh.

anyway, i'd say it's worth it

Fair enough. Shouldn't be questioning the integrity of referees.

Ridiculous decision, bet he has a smirk on his face though, fair play to him.

People are complaining, but we need to remember that these people are supposed to be professionals.. posting a picture immediately going against a referee and a rival club for everyone to see and it is clear that it is posted by him personally does not show a professional manner and is just childish. He doesn't deserve a fine, perhaps just a warning.

Ryan Babel the unlikely hero.

Whatever his punishment is, the point he put across was well made & will be remembered. I'm no fan of his but you have to say hats off to him. Now if he can only put this new-found ballsyness into his match performances, there might be hope for him yet as an LFC player.

once a baby always a baby... funny though

its a moronic decision of him to do what he did... so what his team lost a game and the ref was incompetent... (but lets face it, 'pool are gona lose far more this season) whats he gona do? do a picture of every ref that makes a decision against his team... its pathetic

but then again so are the FA for fining him...

People are complaining, but we need to remember that these people are supposed to be professionals.. posting a picture immediately going against a referee and a rival club for everyone to see and it is clear that it is posted by him personally does not show a professional manner and is just childish. He doesn't deserve a fine, perhaps just a warning.

Not really childish, it is banter. After all he did say, "My apology if they take my posted pic seriously."[ I believe it what was said in the Guardian]. Cant believe theyre taking action on an existing joke.