Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugman

Reaction score
Benitez Resigns

trajneri-i-liverpool-rafa-benitez.jpg

After managing Liverpool for 72 months, the ex Valencia manager Rafael Benitez has handed in his resignation as manager of Liverpool and has left the club. Whilst at Liverpool he reached two champions league finals were he won one and lost the other. He also one won the FA cup in 2006.

He signed some great players for Liverpool that are at the club now, such as Torres, Reina and Kuyt. Benitez just felt that it was time to leave the Kop and look for a European job. Liverpool Chairman Martin Broughton accepted his request and wished him well in the future.

liverpool_stadium.jpg

Here are some of the fans reactions:

John from Manchester: "Im delighted that Benitez has resigned as ive never believed that he was the right man for the job, although he did bring Torres to the club which was a good signing."

Dave from Liverpool: "Its a shame that Rafa has left us, but now we need to look to the future and win our first Premiership."

Kyle from Dublin: "Im absolutley delighted that Benitez has resigned. He was an unprofessional manager in my opinion, always criticising other managers when he never focused on the club he was managing."

Calder takes over!

Unknown-Person.jpg

Unheard of Hertfordshire man Alex Calder has taken the role as manager at Liverpool FC. He is believed to have a strong relationship with Martin Broughton the Liverpool chairman. We understand that he manages his local team and has greatly suceeded with them.

He works as an Electrician on building sites with a London company. What a massive step up for Mr.Calder, we know that he has a good relationship with former West Ham and Chelsea assistant manager Steve Clarke, Its believed that he will become Calder's assistant, which leaves Sammy Lee sacked.

Liverpool have released the transfer budget and wage budget that Calder will be given. Due to the lack of funds in the club, Calder will be given:

Transfer budget: £0
Wage Budget: £1,200,000

This leaves us wondering who Calder will sell to generate some funds, could it be a big gun such as Torres or Gerrard. Only he knows. Calder said in his conference that he is a "Wheeler Dealer and I looks for youth players that have great potential".

Here is the full version of Calder's speech:

"I am absolutley honoured to become manager of such a fantastic and huge club, no one knows how much it means to me. I just hope the fans have faith in me and that they will be patient because there is no money available to me. I will be keeping most of the backroom staff that are here except Mr.Lee.

I always look towards the future regarding the players I sign. I am a bit of a wheeler dealer which helps. I am aware of the players that I need to keep at the club to finish in the top 6. My aims are to finish in the top 6 this season and possibly win a cup, but in the future im going to make sure that I win everything available to Liverpool FC.Thats it from me, less talking more action."

liverpool.bmp

Liverpool face a testing pre season before they start their campaign in the Premiership. Their first game is a trip to Wigan Athletic followed by Wolves at the Kop, then a tough test agianst big spending Man City. Liverpool will be looking to get at least 6 points in their first three games.

Kadlec linked with Reds Move

V%C3%A1clav_kadlec.jpg

18 year old Vaclav Kadlec has been strongly linked with a move to the Kop after the Mr.Calder saying that he looks to the future. The Czech U21 starlet is believed to have the potential to become as good as Fernando Torres.

Its believed that it would cost Liverpool around £1,000,000 for his signature. Which isn't a lot if he does become as good as Torres. Kadlec has made a total of 41 appearances for Sparta Prague and scoring 8 goals for them in two seasons.

Good stuff mate, I had a read through and it's well thought out, it has an easy to read layout, good luck, I'm following :)

Good start so far mate. Keep it up :)

Trio depart Anfield!

Today Liverpool FC announced the sale of three players. Two of them leaving permantley and the other going on loan for 6 months. Calder had sold them to generate funds to bring in players for the future.

The first of them to leave Anfield was 19 year old frenchman Chris Mavinga. He has joined newly promoted Blackpool on a 3 year deal for a fee of £100,000. Chris had only been at the club a couple of months but Calder felt that he would never be good enough for the Liverpool first team.

Chris Mavinga joined Liverpool from PSG recently, suprisingly Chris has never made his debut for either Liverpool or PSG. Liverpool released a statment saying that they "Wish him well for the future."

The second of the three to leave the club is Brazilian Fabio Aurelio. He has joined At.Madrid on loan till the end of the season with a view to a permanent deal worth £3,800,000, Liverpool have already recieved a payment worth £200,000 for the player.

Fabio-Aurelio-Champions-League-PA2_2356282.jpg

The former Valencia man had been at Liverpool for 4 years before sent packing his bags. He has made a total of 71 apps for the reds and scoring 3 goals for them. Although it's only a loan, its clear that Calder has no plans for Fabio in the future.

The final man to leave came to a shock to the nation. Later today, Liverpool confirmed the departure of Dirk "The Workman" Kuyt to fellow Premiership club Aston Villa for a fee of £5,250,000. Many Liverpool fans are shocked by Calder's decision to let the dutchman go. Kuyt made 140 apps for Liverpool in 4 years after joining from Feyenoord for a fee of £12,000,000.

Dirk-Kuyt-Liverpool-2008_1366791.jpg

This is Calder's explanation of why he sold Kuyt:
"Firstly I let Kuyt go because his wage didnt represent the importance of him, he was earning over £60,000 a week. He also doesn't fit into the formation I am going to play and that is an attacking 4-2-3-1. I also wanted to generate funds so I could bring in my own players and I saw a 30 year old man who I didn't paticurlarly rate. I wish Kuyt all the best for the rest of his career."

Liverpool Draw in first friendly

Liverpool faced Belgium side Genk today in Belgium. The final score was 0-0 which was dissapointing for the reds. They were unimpressive today, no one in paticular had a good game for them including the likes of Gerrard and Cole. It was an extremely boring game, the MOM was Jamie Carragher.

Jamie-Carragher-Champions-League-PA_2356285.jpg

Nice start i'll be following, a Torres & Kadlec partnership would be interesting

Good start mate, wonder if letting Kuyt go will pay off. Wouldn't have let Aurelio go first season personally with the lack of left-backs. Best of luck though ;)

hahaha if you went to patch 11.2.1 they get like 35m. makes things a little easier :p

hahaha if you went to patch 11.2.1 they get like 35m. makes things a little easier :p

I prefere a challenge my friend.

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

Brazilian wonderkid signs!

18 year old Brazilian Dodo has signed for Liverpool today on a 3 year deal worth £1,100 a week. Liverpool activated his release cause worth £1,300,000, we suspect that he will be back up for Paul Konchesky. Dodo has become popular with the fans and has already been predicted as the next Roberto Carlos. He has made 1 youth cap for his National side.

23069_ori_dodo.jpg

This is what the manager had to say about capturing the Brazilian:
"I am delighted to be able to welcom Dodo to the club. I believe he has all the potential to become one of the best left backs Liverpool have ever had. I have no worries about the length of his contract because I believe he will be a profit to Liverpool FC."

Poor Pre-season

Liverpool faced German side Koln today, and somehow managed to be beaten by 3 goals. The final score was 3-0 to the German side, an Glen Johnson scored an own goal to finish the game off.

731423722-lukas-podolski-koeln.9.jpg

Liverpool then travelled to Doncaster to face a willing and ambitous championship side who wanted to beat Liverpool, and that they did. The final score was 2-1 to the Donny and Liverpool's goal coming from youth player Andres Simon on the 88th minute.

Then they faced a trip to last years relegation victims Hull, where Liverpool won 3-0 with goals coming from Torres (2) and Greek international Kyrgiakos, Liverpool looked stronger today but they did have a much stronger side out today.

_45080358_torres_getty.jpg

Lequi signs for Liverpool

Uncapped Argentine Matias Lequi has joined Liverpool on a free after being released from Iraklis at the end of the season. The 29 year old is now earning £7,500 a week now to back up the Liverpool defence. In his career he has made a total of 195 apps scoring 8 goals and has enjoyed spells at At.Madrid, Celta Vigo and now Liverpool.

12226.jpg

Liverpool announce big sale!!

At 9am this morning Liverpool announced the sale of Danish international Daniel Agger. He has joined Inter Milan for a fee of £15,000,000, the 25 year old has signed a contract with Inter until 2014 worth £54,000 a week. He signed for Liverpool back in 2005-06 season from Brondby for a fee of £5,750,000 and made a total of 77 apps for Liverpool and scored 3 goals for the side.

Daniel-Agger-Champions-League-PA_2356280.jpg

A shame about letting Agger go, but good story so far :D

Good start so far mate. Good to see us doing well!

Rumour Confirmed!

There had been a lot of speculation about Vaclav Kadlec joining Liverpool. Therefore, today Liverpool annouced the signing of Kadlec from Sparta Prague for a fee of £1,000,000. Many fans were delighted about the signing of the "Czech Wonderkid". This is what one fan had to say about it:
"To be honest with you im delighted about signing Kadlec as I have watched him a couple of times on ESPN, and I think he is a real good player. He can also learn some moves off of Torres who would be a great teacher for him."

Vaclav-Kadlec-celeb-Sparta-Prague-v-CSKA-Mosc_2541560.jpg

Reds through to 4th Round!

After beating Ruch Chorzow 5-1 on aggregate Liverpool proceed into the next round of the EUROPA League. The goals came from Babel, Meireles and N'gog (3). They now face SK Sturm Gratz in the 4th round where their first leg will be played on the 19th of August.

David-Ngog-Liverpool-Premier-League-PA_2356328.jpg

Liverpool reveal New Kits!!

676_home.png
676_away.png
676_third.png

Earlier today Liverpool announced their new sponsorship with Technology company hp. The deal is only for a year but pays Liverpool £1,000,000 for the year. 60% of the Liverpool fans have already ordered at least 1 of the three kits. Famous Designer iamauser designed the shirts and deserves all the credit.

Two leave Anfield

Two reserve players left the Kop today both of them have only gone on loan for some first team experience. The first of the two was goalkeeper Peter Gulasci who has joined Tranmere on a 6 month loan.

Peter-Gulacsi_2443714.jpg

The other was Gerardo Bruna who has joined Huddersfield on a 6 month loan. The highly rated 19 year old is excited about getting some first team action under his belt.

1 in 1 out !

The highly rated 18 year old brazilian Zezinho has joined Liverpool on a 3 year deal, for a fee of £4,500,000. We undertstand that this transfer has taken a sufficent amount of Calder's transfer budget out. We believe that there is about £5,000,000 left in the kitty for Calder.

article-1249670-0836A69C000005DC-716_306x423.jpg

This is what Calder had to say about the transfer:
"Im delighted that Zezinho has joined Liverpool because I know that this man will turn out an absolute god at Anfield in the future, I will be looking for Dodo and Lucas to help out with the language issues, but im sure there wont be a problem. There is just one more player I am looking to bring in shortly and then my transfer business will be done for the summer."

We understand that 16 year old hot prospect Suso has left Anfield to join Manchester City for a fee of £2,500,000. The midfielder has said that he couldnt fit into life at Anfield and wanted a move away, so Calder granted his request.

Build up to Liverpool's first Premiership game

Liverpool travel to the DW Satdium to face Wigan Athletic, who are one of the favourites for the drop this season. The game kicks off at 3:00pm. Now we will see if Calder's tactics work.

Calder told us earlier that he likes to play attacking entertaining football and keep the ball on the floor. We expect him to use a 4-2-3-1 formation with Torres playing upfront on his own. How will Calder's side do?

Liverpool Dominate in Wigan Victory!!

Liverpool defeated Wigan today in an entertaining game here at the DW. The final score was Liverpool 3 - 0 Wigan. Calder will no doubt be pleased with his side's performance. The goals came from, Gerrard, Jovanovic (pen) and Ryan Babel.

Man of the Match

Ryan-Babel-Liverpool-2008_1366766.jpg

Ryan had a great game today. He caused Boyce trouble all day by using his pace and flair to beat the barbarian. He also won the penalty for Liverpool that Milan converted, then he went on to score the winner for the reds. Overall a good performance from the Dutchman.

Good result against wigan :) I wouldnt have sold Agger though. he is our Danish Hardman

Nice updates, selling Agger should pay off as long Lequi performs :)

Status
Not open for further replies.