Back to Winning Ways. The Villas-Boas Story

View attachment 233530
Tottenham close to achieving Champions League Football!

After a turbulent start to the season which seen boss Harry Redknapp sacked and Villas-Boas take over with Spurs' sitting in 17th place it seemed that continental football would not be seen at the Lane for at least another year. However Villas-Boas has masterminded a steady rise up the table since his arrival and Tottenham now find themselves in fourth place with four points in hand over Villas-Boas' old employers Chelsea, and six over North London rivals Arsenal, both teams have performed miserably in the recent month whilst Tottenham continue on their winning streak. With four Premier League games left, in which Tottenham visit Old Trafford before welcoming Arsenal to the Lane, the quest for continental football is hotting up with the three London teams vying for the fourth and final slot due to Manchester United and Liverpool being four points in front of Tottenham, which should see them safely into the Group Stages. Tottenham also face 3rd placed Liverpool in the FA Cup final allowing them to win some silverware this year, however I'm sure that achieving Champions League football for next year is the main aim of Villas-Boas and his squad.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any new followers?

View attachment 233682
Spurs: From Third Bottom... to Third!

Tottenham have had a brilliant season, there best in recent history in fact, despite being in the relegation zone in November. They now look forward to welcoming top European teams to the Lane due to their success. It was not easy however, it all came down to the last game of the season vs Sunderland who were in 20th place and already relegated. It should've been an easy win, however Sunderland went 1-0 up in the opening minutes. Luckily a brace from Jermain Defoe the leagues joint top-scorer, with the winner coming in the last minute sent the Tottenham fans into raptures and for good reason! Andre Villas-Boas has since stated that losing the FA Cup to Liverpool was at the back of his mind due to the fact that now Spurs' would be playing in Europe's most prestigious competition.

View attachment 233688
Huntelaar joins international team-mate in England

Prolific Dutch striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar has wowed Europe with this news that has came out the blue. Today Tottenham announced that they had signed the clinical goalscorer for £22.5m, a small price considering the fact that when given the ball in front of goal, he usually scores. Huntelaar will add to the Tottenham strikeforce of Leandro Damiao and Jermain Defoe. Klaas expressed that he believed in Villas-Boas' direction for the club, that he looked forward to linking up with Van der Vaart, his international team-mate, and playing in the Champions League which Schalke could not offer him due to their poor league performance.

That was not all from Villas-Boas though, he also welcome the player who's transfer was wrapped up months ago, Coutinho, the young curly haired Brazilian playmaker from Inter. Coutinho mentioned that he felt he ha a better chance of getting game time at Spurs' whilst still playing at the highest level. He also stated that he could not turn down an offer to play alongside the likes of Modric, Van Der Vaart and Huntelaar. It appears with these signings, that have most certainly strengthened the squad, Tottenham will be a force to be reckoned with this season. Villas-Boas has already stated he wishes to improve on last seasons league position, which will be no small feat.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks guys, really excited about this season due to my new signings and how well I did considering I only got just over half a season as manager last season. Unfortunately, I holidayed and the game auto-picked my season expectations as continental, when I wanted to go for runner up :( Meaning I have a small budget and I had a whole host of signings tbh. Will have to wait till January or offload a few players.​

Last edited:
Man City ran away with the league, with a 6 point margin over Liverpool. They also won the Champions League after beating Man Utd (a Manchester Final!). Barca went out in the semis. I did have screenshots of the league at the end of the season, and all key stats for that and the Champions League however it being late when this happened, and me being mega-tired I just turned my computer off and then was like "oh ****!" Update coming later about the first few games of the season.

View attachment 233845
Transfer Press-Conference Called

A shock press conference was held today in the White Hart Lane Press Meeting Room to announce a new transfer that Villas-Boas had just recently brought to the club. Media pundits believed that due to the small budget of Tottenham that no more new faces would pull on the white jersey due to the expensive purchases of Huntelaar and Coutinho. However it appears there was still money in the bank as Villas-Boas was "delighted" to welcome young Italian starlet Andrea Poli to the club. The midfielder, who has been likened to Italian legend Andrea Pirlo, possesses great vision and an unnatural ability to pass a ball will no doubt delight fans in the Premier League. This signing adds to the creative depth of Spurs' central midfield which already boasts Luka Modric and Rafael Van der Vaart as well as the recently signed young Brazilian Coutinho. Villas-Boas has stated in the press conferences for both Poli and Coutinho that these two are for the future of the club, however it is expected that they will get some game-time this season due to Van der Vaart's fitness issues.

Tottenham show fine form
View attachment 233955
After the opening games of the season Tottenham have shown fine form in both the Premier League and Europe. Things began smoothly for Villas-Boas' boys with comfortable wins over Wolves, Cardiff and Bolton. They then went to last seasons runner-up and FA Cup Winners Liverpool and achieved a 1-1 draw in a game they should have easily won if it was not for the repeatedly fine saves of Pepe Reina. This was followed by a visit to London rivals and AVB's old club Chelsea who once more proved his and Spurs' kryptonite giving them their first loss of the season in a bitterly contested that ended 3-2. Tottenham were soon back to their best, easily beating Swansea in the League Cup before smashing Premier League and European Champions Manchester City 2-0 in a game which Mancini's boys were outclassed. The most recent game against minnows FC RB Salzburg in the group stages ended with a massive 6-0 scoreline wowed fans and pundits a like in a game which the fleet-footed Spurs' widemen, Bale and Lennon dominated contributing to 5 of Tottenham's 6 goals. Tottenham currently sit fourth in the league and top in their Champions League Group, however still face a tough test from Villas-Boas old club FC Porto.

The two most recent Tottenham signings, the youngsters Coutinho and Poli have been in fine form already despite their age and the fact they're on "the biggest footballing stage in the world." Poli has been outstanding to say the least showing a keen eye for goal, scoring two in three starts, despite playing in a deep midfield position. The big signing of the summer, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar however hasn't shown the same amazing form of his fellow summer signings in terms of goals however, which is what he was signed for, scoring only 3 in 9 appearances. Despite this he has shown fans spells of his immense abilities, providing good link-up play and assists for fellow team mates. However I am sure Villas-Boas, pundits and fans alike will be wondering when the goals will start coming from the clinical Dutchman known as "The Hunter".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help me get Huntelaar scoring guys, any tips for how to play him in terms of role and instructions. I play him sometimes as a lone forward, or next to Damiao. Need to get them working together and banging goals in soon!!

View attachment 234225
Premier League "Striker Watch"

With recent summer signings already bolstering the myraid of striking prowess in the English Premier League, we here thought that you, as the public, should know who to watch out for, and what their talents are.

View attachment 234228
Robin Van Persie, the talisman of Arsenal's young team. The Dutchman is a senior international having a world-cup runners up medal his cabinet. He is often touted as being one of, or if not the best, strikers in the world when fit. Possessing an unbelievable left foot, an ability to score from almost anywhere with the most audacious of goals you can see why RVP won the EPL Golden Boot last season, a feat he may repeat this year having scored a tremendous five goals in six appearances in the league, with a season total of 7 in ten games in all competitions including international games.

View attachment 234230
New Arsenal boss Marco Van Basten's marquee summer signing costing £34.5m from Italian side Napoli. However the verdict is this is money that has been well spent on the strong Uragyuan. Described as "the complete centre forward" Cavani is strong, quick and can score with either both feet or his head. The prospect of him and RVP linking up has been described by pundits as one of the most capable strikeforces in world football. Cavani has already scored four this season and always looks threatening in front of goal, it is virtually unfeasible that he will end the season on less than 15 goals.

View attachment 234234
We have seen Arsenal's talisman in RVP, now it is time for Wayne Rooney. The young Englishman we all know about who is always at the heart of everything United do. Much like the others he possess a keen eye for goal, but also has great passing abilities allowing him to regularly assist team-mates in scoring goals. He has, also totted up seven goals already. Another complete forward capable of scoring from anywhere and with many different methods, as seen by his famous overhead-kick against neighbours Manchester City.
View attachment 234246
Luis Suarez. Hated by many, loved by Liverpool fans for his great ability to score goals often off the back of mesmerizing solo dribbles that cleave open defences. The Uruguayan scored 17 last season, a feat he looks set to easily eclipse this season having already scored 12 in the league from only 8 starts, making him the leagues top scorer.
View attachment 234250
Fernando Torres, "El Nino", as he is known to adoring Spanish fans. After a rocky start to his Chelsea career Torres has found his form, beginning at the back of last season and carrying it in to this. Fourteen goals was his league total last season, he already sits on half that amount this season and it's only October. He possess lightning quick pace, skills and a right foot that regularly puts the ball into the net.
View attachment 234254
Another Dutchman and one who regularly keeps the simply amazing Robin Van Persie out the Starting XI. Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, known as "The Hunter" and Tottenham's most recent signing for £22.5m. Having scored fourty goals in all competitions for Schalke last season, the man is in fine form in front of goal to say the very least. He has had a slow start to the season by his own high-standard but as we have seen, when he begins scoring he simply will not stop. Loius Van Gaal, the former Holland Manager has stated that "in the penalty area, he is the best player in the world, bar none."

Here at The Guardian we have omitted names such as Tevez, Aguero, Dzeko, Drogba, Lukaku, Leandro Damiao and others of the like as although they are fine players they are either sidelined due to injury, are not playing, or simply have not scored yet. However we are sure that these players too, on their day, are in league with those mentioned in the Article and also possess an innate talent of scoring goals. Our personal opinion is that Robin Van Persie, if not sidelined by injury this season, will once more be awarded the Golden Boot closely followed by Cavani and Torres.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why is Suarez so good on this game?​

Due to needing to revise and moving back to University (where they've blocked Steam) I'm unable to continue this story. Thanks for the follows and the comments I've fully enjoyed this save. It's also taught me that even after the most disastrous start to the season, it can still all be turned around. I also learnt that Klaas-Jan Huntelaar is very, very ******* hard to get scoring. After exams I may start another story, who knows. Peace.