vilodic

Reaction score
Is there a bug for who wins the Ballon D'or? Clearly messi did not deserve it this time...and the years before too. I think there is a bug that makes him the winner all the time.

Is there a bug for who wins the Ballon D'or? Clearly messi did not deserve it this time...

This means the programmers did a good job. :D

Back on topic, in my FM12 playthroughs, I noticed that
-Ballon d'Or is dependant on team success, avg rating, goals and assists. Huge boost on World Cup years too.
-FIFA player of the year is mainly dependant on the average rating. There's a scaling on the championship played as well (like in Golden Boot of Europe) and total games played.

I don't think it changed much.

A player also has to have a certain reputation to be entered (So even if a regen got 100 goals in 30 matches in a top european league, they still wouldn't be able to be entered for a few years)

Also, although this is not confirmed or definite, I am fairly certain that these things affect who wins it:

What the club achieved (E.g. division title)
What the player achieved (E.g. Several player of the month awards)

It's largely reputation/club reputation I believe.

I found there is a bias towards Messi, yes he is a great player but doesn't mean he should win it every year regardless. I am in 2020 and he has won it every season.

hahahaha yeah its like in real.. he wins it but hardly deserves it (i.e. 2010 and last year for example) golden ball should be based on TEAM trophies not personal goals....and NATIONAL trophies

I have had some incredible performances from my regens in Scotland, averaging 8.40 over the season and not a look in on the Ballon d'or. It certainly has something to do with league reputation etc.

There is definately bias towards as him as Barcelona have been trophyless for about 3 seasons now. They haven't won the League or Champions league. While Ronaldo has for 3 years in a row. There is definately Bias towards Messi, because he certainly does not deserve it. Ronaldo has won World Player of the Year for 3 seasons in a row though.

hahahaha yeah its like in real.. he wins it but hardly deserves it (i.e. 2010 and last year for example) golden ball should be based on TEAM trophies not personal goals....and NATIONAL trophies

I'm not even gonna comment the part about Messi not deserving the award, as it's simply ignorant. But why on earth should the award be based on TEAM achievements? It's a personal award. Team trophies are league championships, national trophies are international championships. The golden ball is an individual award. I don't see a shred of logic here to be honest.

As for the OP, check out this screenshot:

View attachment 308990

Messi had better average rating, and Barcelona won the league. Still Ronaldo got the award. Maybe I should claim the "game is biased" towards Ronaldo..?

I think its all pretty accurate to be honest; it's picked by all the managers around the world and they tend to get influenced by the reputation of players and/or the league.
Just look at how mad the voting for awards is with the last FIFA team of the year! Andre Pirlo was incredible for Juve and orchestrated the midfield for Italy all the way to the finals of the Euros and yet didn't make it in. Hummels or Kompany for the defence, or Lahm...theres quite a few players who if looked at objectively would have been more deserving, but instead La Liga got a **** kissing instead.

The voting is and always will be bias and miss out brilliant players who are perhaps more worthy, but thats just how it goes. I will say though that I too got so utterly sick of seeing Messi win it year after year, makes the award worthless since most of the seasons he just didn't deserve it in my opinion.

To be fair, the whole Spanish league with its hugely lopsided tv money and bias towards barca and real is only there to give those two match practice for the champions league...!:)

I'm not even gonna comment the part about Messi not deserving the award, as it's simply ignorant. But why on earth should the award be based on TEAM achievements? It's a personal award. Team trophies are league championships, national trophies are international championships. The golden ball is an individual award. I don't see a shred of logic here to be honest.

View attachment 308990

Messi had better average rating, and Barcelona won the league. Still Ronaldo got the award. Maybe I should claim the "game is biased" towards Ronaldo..?

The difference is that in my game, he was voted every single season played so far...CR7 in your game at least won 2 seasons, in mine not even once...seems odd. Maybe its just my save game. Either way I found it annoying and frustrating.

The difference is that in my game, he was voted every single season played so far...CR7 in your game at least won 2 seasons, in mine not even once...seems odd. Maybe its just my save game. Either way I found it annoying and frustrating.

And Ronaldo had lower avg. rating than Messi both of the seasons he won. So to be honest I think there are variables here we can't see.

messi has won it 10 times in a row on my save now including the 3 he won in real life, reputation has a big say as for the last 2 years my regen has had more apps goals assists and a better av rating and has come 2nd

It can't be, otherwise Ronaldo would have won it in the original screen shot

ok what i meant to say was the reason messi is up there is because of his avg rating and the reason he won will have been comp wins/ important games.

if that makes you happy :) personally speaking a player should make the team win if you can't make barcelona win everything with the players they have .. then you are not the best player in the world!! CR7 makes portugal a good team (semis only losing on penalties and real madrid win the league and go semis of CL only to lose on penalties) while messi loses everything ...and he wins where's the logic?

View attachment 308990