bantons

Reaction score
So this is my first attempt on a tactic in this new version.
Actually I used this tactic in FM15 and wanted to give it a spin again and it has been working out quite well so far.
I will keep posting updates as I keep playing.
Please feel free to comment and try the tactic out yourself

***UPDATE***(20/11/2016)

Just finished first season and the results in PrL was very impressive.
However results in CHL was less than satisfactory.
I need to do some more tweaking on this but will give it a go with a smaller club to see how it works.

v5j6ogk.jpg

Lft4Ibf.jpg

k5g1tRt.jpg

DG8iseO.jpg

eHjoRMw.jpg

FONfXwI.jpg

tsfBL9L.jpg

Last edited:
Still Tweaking but it seems like I am on to something here! Removing "Work ball into box" and adding "Shoot on Sight" really made a difference. Also changed Defensive line from "Higher" to "Slightly Higher"

I am also playing around with Player Instructions and will update tactic if it keeps working this great

Q1hyicP.png

1ojxtaN.png

I went to bed after the post and has just got home from work, but now I will do some more testing for a couple of hours.
I really do think we will see alot of tactics with "Shoot on sight" I know I will be working with that approach going foward

sounds good! definitely a good idea to work with that approach. What were the player instruction changes you found that improved things?

also what changes do you make when say holding a lead maybe towards the end of a game?

sounds good! definitely a good idea to work with that approach. What were the player instruction changes you found that improved things?

SS AMCL+AMCR=Roam From Position
AP AMC=Dribble More
WB WBR+WBL=Get Further Foward+Run Wide With Ball

also what changes do you make when say holding a lead maybe towards the end of a game?

I use Instant Result Skin.
But I would use Concentrate or Thighten Up

thanks mate, going to be using with MUFC now. Ill let you know how it goes

I like the look of the formation, will test for a season.

I tried the tac, with updated changes but got sacked after a run of 7 bad games, played 26 W 14 D 2 L 10, this is not a reflection of the tac tho, as in most games I was having 30+ shots, but only 5/6 on target, i guess the shoot on site maybe isnt the way to go as I cant help but think too many long shots was being made instead of a simple pass would have been the better option.

yeah i completely agree. Have 30+ shots per game but very few on target. better passing options and the player will shoot from 25+ yards breaking down most attacks.

have kept PI changes and the defensive line from higher to slightly higher, but have gone back to work ball into the box. Less shots but a lot more productive and nicer to watch i feel!

only averaging around 10 shots less with shoot on sight of. with at least half or more being on target.

Last edited:
Great feedback guys! I am sorry to hear you got sacked though
As a guy in my 30s I just feel asleep on the couch ;)
I will play this season to the end and try and tweak if further with other Player Instructions and maybe even different Position/Role/Duty.
My plan is to test with West Brom after this season or even a different team if you guys want that, fell free to come with suggestions

Trying this with Sunderland in 18/19 season. mixed bag in pre season as I was playing about with different tactics. Started the season home to Man City and did well to hold them to 1-1. Second game away to West Ham, and despite better possession and massively higher shots, I got spanked 4-0! Notts Co next in the league cup.........

Tactic looks good.. Are going to play with arsenal and have not found any good tactics for it so this looks really really good. Do you have what lineup you mostly use? Do you have any stats for the Arsenal team and for the whole league?

/Lunkan