Barcelona after £70 Million Torres.

• Thread starter Thread starter *Jones*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 5K
Don't really see te need to sign Torres
Just like Jake said
But looking at the possible Barca staring XI on Sky last night I nearly shat myself

I'd rather he didn't leave, as like i've seen other people have said. I reckon he owes us at least a season, because of how much he was injured the season you just gone. And who knows, in a season, we could be back in the champions league, the two yanks (& maybe Rafa) gone, with some owners that will put their hand in their deep pockets (YN) and invest in the quality players both he and Gerrard want. We'll just have to wait and see.

However, £70 million isn't a bad price, and if he went, we'd be able to buy 2 or 3 £20 million players that we need, we'd just be without Torres. Another concern would be the man spending that £70 million would be Rafa, whom i don't trust to spend large amounts of money on the right players.

guess he will go then, usually when barce or real want someone they get him, ithink man city and maybe chelsea will match the bid but he will probably choose barce, liverpool should try and get henry as part of the deal

I don't think Rafa will make any transfer decisions until after the World Cup. Some managers hate major international competitions (Wenger) and overs use them to scout players, hopefully Rafa will be doing this :)

This won't happen.

For it to even be a possibility they would have to sell Zlatan first.

So much for being model club for every one. They are such a classless club, tapping Cesc for wat 5 years? Still no one points finger at them. When Madrid or chelsea did whole world went mad and i think chelsea received some sort of fine in A.Cole's case.

Hope he doesn't go would rather him at pool than barca I hate barca more than pool

So much for being model club for every one. They are such a classless club, tapping Cesc for wat 5 years? Still no one points finger at them. When Madrid or chelsea did whole world went mad and i think chelsea received some sort of fine in A.Cole's case.

Totally agree with you mate. Every year, Barcelona tap up a big name player, annd I feel are a club with no grace.

guess he will go then, usually when barce or real want someone they get him, ithink man city and maybe chelsea will match the bid but he will probably choose barce, liverpool should try and get henry as part of the deal

Isn't Henry away to the USA this summer

Arsene Wenger complains about this but yet he has not even mentioned how they effectively stole Fabregas from Barce in the first place. They have not really done anything wrong to be honest, it is quite clear he has always wanted to go back to Spain and Barce have always said we would love to have him if we can agree a fee, nothing wrong with that.

Arsene Wenger complains about this but yet he has not even mentioned how they effectively stole Fabregas from Barce in the first place. They have not really done anything wrong to be honest, it is quite clear he has always wanted to go back to Spain and Barce have always said we would love to have him if we can agree a fee, nothing wrong with that.

Oh you think all the Barca products are born and Bred at Barcelona? You never would have heard all this wanting the player back if Fabregas like many others failed to fulfill his potential. Every club poach youngsters. English clubs started recently, where as French clubs does to African clubs, and Spanish does to some south american clubs.

How can Liverpool, if this offer is true, turn this down!

Torres will slowly decline and will soon get worse. Liverpool need to cash in on him now and buy 3 or 4 £20,000,000 players.

£70 Million... Take it.

£50 Milllion + Zlatan... Take it

£50 Million + Bojan... Take it

Anything else jog on

70 mill deffo take it but i think pool will want a player exchange aswell cheecky that because it puts Torres (if a player exchange is also done with the 70mill) at the same price that Utd sold Ronaldo for think about it Zlatan is more then 20mill so is Bojan

im sorry but torres isent worth 70million, if david villa was bough for 35 mill then i would say the same for torres.

well - hopefully but not even probably - if they spend this much on Torres then they'll either leave cesc till next year or spend equally big on him - loads of rumours about what price for cesc - anywhere between 30-80 mil lol - who would you play David Villa or Fernando Torres - bearing in mind Barca's system

In Barca's system...

Torres >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Villa > Bojan > Ibra.

Villa will just be Eto'o 2.0. Not that, that is a bad thing, just with Torres, they should in theory win every game 10+-0, if the other team even bothers to show up that is.

Think of it this way.

There are two route for Barca to play.

Over the Top
Along the ground

Eto'o = Along the ground.

With Ibra, they had the "Over the top" route, but, they THOUGHT that Ibra could play "Along the ground" ASWELL. But got it wrong, turns out he can't and they are left with is a "If Carlsberg did Berbatov's". A lethargic, oath.

So, if they have Villa, he only offers the "Along the ground" route, but is better than Eto'o.

If they have Torres, he offers both "Over the top"/"Along the ground" routes. Being 6'1, strong, fast, great head of the ball and amazing finisher.

Back