Barcelona after £70 Million Torres.

• Thread starter Thread starter *Jones*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 5K
im sorry but torres isent worth 70million, if david villa was bough for 35 mill then i would say the same for torres.
Villa cost more to 50M btw, also he's older, and Torres is better.
If Torres wants to go, accept it. He's injury prone and won't have an injury free year, he keeps moaning about the English game. It would be a shame, he's THE BEST finisher in the world, but 70M is a lot of money, but we should try get a part player exchange, 50M + Busquets and Bojan. Then buy a LB and another ST and play 2 up front FFS
But again, JUST RUMOURS

If Torres wants to go, accept it. He's injury prone and won't have an injury free year, he keeps moaning about the English game. It would be a shame, he's THE BEST finisher in the world, but 70M is a lot of money, but we should try get a part player exchange, 50M + Busquets and Bojan. Then buy a LB and another ST and play 2 up front FFS
But again, JUST RUMOURS

im sorry but to say torres is the best finished in the world is an opinion im afraid. his not worth 70million simple as that.

im sorry but to say torres is the best finished in the world is an opinion im afraid. his not worth 70million simple as that.
Maybe not, but we're not selling for less than OUR opinion on him, and that is he's worth this.

Sorry bro but this is fake. Barcelona are in so much debt they can't even raise more than £30m to bid for Fabregas. Turns out they are like everybody else after all lol.

But again, JUST RUMOURS

Sorry David Villa was 34.2million english pounds, that might be 50milion euros, but not pounds. Torres is not worth double villa so bara would not pay 70.

unless all of the money goes back into the transfer fund its a bad sell at any rate

i think they should sell if torres wants out and they can get what they want for him same as the fabregas thing.
personally i think rooney is the best finsher,then drogba,torres,villa.imo

ffs! i wish everyone would just get off the "wayne rooney is the best striker in the world!" bandwagon. It's so ******* annoying! :@ he's had one good season alright, the likes of Torres, Drogba and Villa have been doing it for agessss!

and CJACKO, if Torres isn't worth £70 million then how is Ronaldo worth £80 million? I think you forget each player is worth a certain amount to each individual team. IE. Torres worth £70 million to Liverpool, Ronaldo worth £80 million to United, thats how much each club values players.

I'm sure you think Drogba is worth something around £60/70 Million to chelsea, as you probably do Lampard and Terry?

ffs! i wish everyone would just get off the "wayne rooney is the best striker in the world!" bandwagon. It's so ******* annoying! :@ he's had one good season alright, the likes of Torres, Drogba and Villa have been doing it for agessss!

and CJACKO, if Torres isn't worth £70 million then how is Ronaldo worth £80 million? I think you forget each player is worth a certain amount to each individual team. IE. Torres worth £70 million to Liverpool, Ronaldo worth £80 million to United, thats how much each club values players.

I'm sure you think Drogba is worth something around £60/70 Million to chelsea, as you probably do Lampard and Terry?

ronaldo was the world best player when he was sold to for 80million, torres will proberly never get that title. look im not slating torres im just saying his not worth 70million taking everything into consideration i would say 35-50. and about the chelsea players i would say taking everything into consideration drogba is worth 25-30 million, lamps 30-35million and jt proberly 20-25.

still, no human being is worth that amount of money, i wish football could go back to the times when players cost in the thousands not the millions!

Sorry David Villa was 34.2million english pounds, that might be 50milion euros, but not pounds. Torres is not worth double villa so bara would not pay 70.

To Liverpool he is though, it isnt in terms of quality, if Liverpool sell fr 40m, who can they buy? With 70m I'd be after a good CB like Westerman or even Richards, a winger like Milner, a striker like Mata and another one more clinical and also a cheap CM for the future, If we get all the money to spend.

With Ibra, they had the "Over the top" route, but, they THOUGHT that Ibra could play "Along the ground" ASWELL. But got it wrong, turns out he can't and they are left with is a "If Carlsberg did Berbatov's". A lethargic, oath.

So, if they have Villa, he only offers the "Along the ground" route, but is better than Eto'o.

If they have Torres, he offers both "Over the top"/"Along the ground" routes. Being 6'1, strong, fast, great head of the ball and amazing finisher.

Ibrahimovic cannot play along the ground?? Do you watch football? Also Imo Eto'o is the best striker in the world including Villa and Torres and I think Barcalona made a huge mistake letting Eto'o go.

As for buying Torres I thoroughly don't see the point, I think (not sure) that Barcalona play a lone striker formation and surely both Villa and Torres are too good to be on the bench. This means they'd have to play something like a 4-4-2 meaning the midfield would have to be wittled down and with Iniesta, Busquets, Xavi, Kieta, Toure and possibly Fabregas possibly sitting on the bench (bearing in mind the midfield has to remain balanced, necessitating playing a defensive minded "destroyer") I just don't see how a good team spirit could possibly be maintained.

Ultimately a pointless exchange and it seems like Barcalona are buying all the best players simply to make sure they don't go to Real Madrid.

Considering Torres and his agent have both said he's going nowhere. Ah, i guess most of you guys are pre-occupied with petty arguements and paper talk

not really jumping on any bandwagon at this moment in time i think he is.if arsenal could have any of them i would want rooney.

Torres is more likely to join Inter than Barcelona. Inter have money, which Barca don't, and he wouldn't be betraying his beloved Atletico Madrid by joining them. Can't really see him leaving for Chelsea or Man City though. He was drawn to Liverpool because of its history, not its owners. Most likely he will stay if not then Inter.

Torres is more likely to join Inter than Barcelona. Inter have money, which Barca don't, and he wouldn't be betraying his beloved Atletico Madrid by joining them. Can't really see him leaving for Chelsea or Man City though. He was drawn to Liverpool because of its history, not its owners. Most likely he will stay if not then Inter.
Inter don't really have money, they don't get much for their league, Barca have more money

Back