Barcelona - La Masia - Homegrown Challenge the 2nd

Nice to see this still going. Don't think I've ever finished 6 seasons let alone 13! Kiu. Sad to see Messi retire though you did well to get him to 40

Would you ever consider buying Rivas back? With your striker problems he may be your best option in the next year or so.

England

View attachment 930600

July - Nov 2027

So first off i have pinched a few decent looking players who are eligible for England despite being from other countries including the Brazilian born defender Biro-Biro

View attachment 234728View attachment 234727

The Oxe is back in the squad whilst an Argentinian could be the next player to change allegiances

View attachment 234726

My son nets the only goal against Liechtenstein to become England's Youngest ever scorer at 17

View attachment 234725

July-Nov Results

View attachment 234724

6 straight wins in the Euro Qualifiers as we show why we are the best team in the World, A couple of the low scoring games were probably down to me playing my son upfront by himself when hes not really anywhere near this level

England going to Euro 2028

View attachment 234723

England Group Table

View attachment 234722

England Squad

View attachment 234719

Best Player - Raheem Sterling 4 goals in 5 games

View attachment 234718

Would you ever consider buying Rivas back? With your striker problems he may be your best option in the next year or so.
Im not sure to be honest, probably would be for the best if he does end up getting transfer listed but i get far to emotionally invested in these saves and think he left us and hes not coming back! lol

Barcelona

View attachment 930621

Oct/Nov 2027

Levante beat us in a shock result to end our 17 game league unbeaten run

View attachment 234715

At 32 years of age Alex Grimaldo wins his 1st Spain Cap

View attachment 234714

Oct/Nov Results

View attachment 234713

So in Europe we could only manage a 1-1 draw against Juventus in Italy but we more than made up for it back at our place beating them 4-1 and then beating Monaco 1-0 to wrap up the group with a game to spare.
It wasnt that good a month in the league as we won just 5 out of our 8 league games drawing with At Madrid and Espanyol whilst we lost to Levante aswell. October was full of goals as we out 5's and 6's past teams and then they just seemed to dry up in November.

League Table

View attachment 234712

So the recent draw with At Madrid and win over Malaga look all the more important when you see they are 2nd and 3rd in the league with Valencia and Real Madrid further down the league.

Best Player - Neymar - 20 Goals in 22 Games

View attachment 234711

Barcelona

View attachment 930682

Dec 5th 2027
Spanish Cup 4th rnd 1st Leg V Cartagena

View attachment 234687

So a few changes to the usual team as i brought my son in along with young defender Beltran, Marc Bueno, Orlando Payan and Raul Romero.
So their defender Casteels had a mare as first off my son Ben Tonkin hit a power drive from around 30 yards which bounced off Casteels to send the GK the wrong way and hit the back of the net. Antonio Jose then slid in on Payan and gave away a penalty which Juan Ramon easily slotted in the left hand corner.
It was another mistake from Antonio Jose as Cruz beat him at the near post to score our 3rd goal of the match. We then went a little stale but right before i made a couple of subs my son netted his 1st goal of the season.
Cruz netted again 3 minutes later with an almost like for like goal before Casteels had another shot deflect off him into the back of the net.

Key Player - Juan Luis Cruz

View attachment 234686

Since joining 3 seasons ago for just £3.5Million his value and performances have gone through the roof and hes closing in on 100 appearances for us.

Damian Beltran Makes Barcelona Debut

View attachment 234685

Barcelona

View attachment 931272

8th Dec 2027
Champions League Group H Game V Slovan Bratislava

View attachment 234421

So we started well with the Ramon's linking well as one got the penalty and the other netted the spot kick as we went 1-0 up inside 11 minutes.
We then had Linares who was fresh from missing the previous game net twice before half time with both of his goals almost identical from shots that Nicieza and Miravent took and he had the poachers instinct to net the rebounds.

We top the group with 5 wins from 6 with Juventus comfortable in 2nd place.

View attachment 234418

Player Watch - Miguel Linares - He had a good game today netting twice but overall hes been an amazing sigining for us getting 12 goals in 13 starts since he joined and Javi Rivas is just a fading memory.

View attachment 234417

Hey mate looking good. The new bit of added detail is nice now that so much of your squad and other teams are regens . Kiu

Barcelona

View attachment 932534

12th Dec 2027
La Liga Match 16 V Granada

View attachment 233845

So the game came alive just as i subbed 3 of my best players who had had a shocker of a first hour in the match. Florentino Ramon netted seconds before he came off and then from a free kick seconds after the subs came on their keeper fumbled a second goal into the back of his net.
Nicieza netted a wondergoal from 30 yards out for our 3rd goal and seal his place as the man of the match. They managed to net a late consolation goal through Ferregum.

League Table

View attachment 233844

4 points clear at the top of the table with Neymar topping the Goalscoring charts and highest average ratings.

Some players are never happy! Raul Romero has started 11 games and come on in another 7 but is moaning about lack of game time!

View attachment 233843

Player Spotlight - Jaime Nicieza

View attachment 233842

I cant beleive hes 27 years of age, Nicieza was one of my first youth intake players having arrived 11 seasons ago and has become a key player in recent seasons this match was actually his 200th league game for Barca

Great story, just like your last one! This prompted me to undertake my own 'La Masia' save, following similar guidelines that you set out. However, I had to deviate from the transfer/homegrown policy when in my second season Messi and all my other key players kept demanding I strengthen the squad with big signings, I could not appease them and they became unhappy until I made some splashes in the transfer market. Also, anytime I had to let go of a player; ie. Iniesta because of age, or Suarez because he wanted 375k a week, I was expected to replace them with a big name signing, or else morale would drop. I will be honest, I have started my 5th season and I have only had one player from my youth intake that has been decent (would not even describe him as great) otherwise, it has just been a bunch of one or one and half star players. Just wanted to know if you had a similar problem? I can't remember if you had perhaps addressed this issue in an earlier post. It has not ruined the save per say, but has changed it, making it much less challenging, but Im still enjoying it.

Cheers

Great story, just like your last one! This prompted me to undertake my own 'La Masia' save, following similar guidelines that you set out. However, I had to deviate from the transfer/homegrown policy when in my second season Messi and all my other key players kept demanding I strengthen the squad with big signings, I could not appease them and they became unhappy until I made some splashes in the transfer market. Also, anytime I had to let go of a player; ie. Iniesta because of age, or Suarez because he wanted 375k a week, I was expected to replace them with a big name signing, or else morale would drop. I will be honest, I have started my 5th season and I have only had one player from my youth intake that has been decent (would not even describe him as great) otherwise, it has just been a bunch of one or one and half star players. Just wanted to know if you had a similar problem? I can't remember if you had perhaps addressed this issue in an earlier post. It has not ruined the save per say, but has changed it, making it much less challenging, but Im still enjoying it.

Cheers

To be honest mate you just have to perceiver, i had plenty of my players moan about squad strengthening when others left but they do get over it eventually, their morale may drop a little but if your win 90% of your games it isnt down for long. I also tried to keep as many of my players together for as long as possible, and try to keep your side together as long as possible because even if their not playing now with not signing anyone you may need people in the future. i probably only sold 5 first team squad players in my first 7 seasons so try not to get rid of anyone too quick unless you have ready made replacements.
With the youth intakes you have to realise a 2 star player in a team with a prime Lionel Messi would still walk into most teams. Some of my youth intake players havent got better the overall squad's level has probably dropped since i had Messi and Neymar in their prime.
I had a lot of 2 star players who did a good job for me, Montoya, Samper and Roberto were classed as 2 star in the early years of my reign. thanks for reading

Barcelona

View attachment 934452

Dec 2027

Despite topping our group we get a tough Draw in the Champions League Against Dortmund

View attachment 232975

Dec Results

View attachment 232974

So ive already mentioned a few of the games but we won our 2nd leg in the Spanish Cup as convincingly with another 6-0 win before beating Mallorca 4-0 in our last league game of this Year.

League Table

View attachment 232973

7 points clear at the top with Malaga and At Madrid still sitting in 2nd and 3rd with Real down in 4th and big spending Valencia in 5th!

Best Player - Manuel Florentino Ramon - 14 goals

View attachment 232972

Going well mate. Back to the bigger updates again? What's ter stefan like now? He must be 35!

To be honest mate you just have to perceiver, i had plenty of my players moan about squad strengthening when others left but they do get over it eventually, their morale may drop a little but if your win 90% of your games it isnt down for long. I also tried to keep as many of my players together for as long as possible, and try to keep your side together as long as possible because even if their not playing now with not signing anyone you may need people in the future. i probably only sold 5 first team squad players in my first 7 seasons so try not to get rid of anyone too quick unless you have ready made replacements.
With the youth intakes you have to realise a 2 star player in a team with a prime Lionel Messi would still walk into most teams. Some of my youth intake players havent got better the overall squad's level has probably dropped since i had Messi and Neymar in their prime.
I had a lot of 2 star players who did a good job for me, Montoya, Samper and Roberto were classed as 2 star in the early years of my reign. thanks for reading

Cheers for the info. I was not as patient as you regarding waiting out the players haha.

I was aware of the lower star rating for youngsters correlating to the star players CA. It was not so much that they had a low potential star rating, but just their atts were never great. Low determination has not turned me off players as much as in previous FM games, but it was more so that I have seemingly been getting very unbalanced players in the intake. A defender with great physical attributes would have very poor mental (5s and 6s) and technical, or if they had good technical their mental and physical would be 5s and 6s. This trend describes every position, and taking on the challenge with tutoring by first team players with good determination and similar personality would turn out players who are barely average for Barcelona B haha. I have for sure been unlucky.

PS - Glad this story is back! Great to see Neymar still being a dominant force at that age.

Barcelona

View attachment 936312

January 2028 - Awards

Raheem Sterling Retains The World Golden Ball at 32 with Ramon coming in 2nd

View attachment 232252

World Player of the Year Comes Home
Manuel Florentino Ramon wins and brings it back to Barca

View attachment 232250

Ramon is the only Barcelona player to make World Team of the Year

View attachment 232249

Finally in other news Javi Rivas comes home to Barcelona after just 18 months with Valencia

View attachment 232247

After playing such a small amount of games since he left i bought him for just £22Million a massive £31Million less than i sold him for.

View attachment 232245

excellent going mate...
how's Ter Stegen now? any good GK's coming through your ranks?
else you will have to buy an u18 from somewhere else.. in 3 years you can say they were La Masia products!

excellent going mate...
how's Ter Stegen now? any good GK's coming through your ranks?
else you will have to buy an u18 from somewhere else.. in 3 years you can say they were La Masia products!
Ter stegen is still a beast

View attachment 232192

at just 35 years old for a keeper i feel hes got a few more years in him. Spain dont have anyone coming through and De Gea at 38 is still their main number 1. I havent got a decent keeper in the youth teams either so may well try to sign a decent 18 year old keeper in the summer no matter what nationality he is.