Barcelona - La Masia - Homegrown Challenge the 2nd

Was loving this story and was so engrossed (at least in the Barca side, skipped the national side aspect)

However, I feel it's been somewhat ruined by the signing of other players from different clubs, despite sticking to them being 'Spanish'.

Perhaps the rules could have been bent that you could sign 'one' player per window which met a criteria. For example if you had a position where no-one was over 2 star ability.

You just signing the best players in Spain has killed the save, I can do that with almost any major nation and with the right tactic - I can beat a team full of superstars with average English players.

Please can you re-think this approach?

Kind of lost the appeal of it which it is a shame as it was the best story on the forum for me.

Was loving this story and was so engrossed (at least in the Barca side, skipped the national side aspect)

However, I feel it's been somewhat ruined by the signing of other players from different clubs, despite sticking to them being 'Spanish'.

Perhaps the rules could have been bent that you could sign 'one' player per window which met a criteria. For example if you had a position where no-one was over 2 star ability.

You just signing the best players in Spain has killed the save, I can do that with almost any major nation and with the right tactic - I can beat a team full of superstars with average English players.

Please can you re-think this approach?

Kind of lost the appeal of it which it is a shame as it was the best story on the forum for me.

Ah you should of said something when i was asking about it, to be honest i think i would have stuck with not buying anyone if i hadnt have lost Traore and Halilovic within in 6 months of each other, i think the side would have been too much in transition and we would have struggled and i would have lost interest.
7 players in 3 seasons have come in so i dont think i have gone over the top but its unlikely i will be signing many more players for a while as im pretty sorted for the moment with the squad. thanks for reading though

That guy is an absolute monster! And tough to lose Rivas, though I'm sure you could find a striker with a better finishing stat
I know he wasnt amazing but i was just a bit sad as id had him for so long! Was the first youth intake player to really make the first team and Ramon has been amazing for me so far this season

Barcelona

View attachment 923753

Aug/Sept 2026

Starting 11 and Tactic For New Season

View attachment 237616

Up next is the Super Cup against Juventus with their key player and club Captain Paul Pogba key to their success

View attachment 237611

European Super Cup V Juventus

View attachment 237612

A decent display with Galder Martin our young commanding centre back getting the only goal of the game just after the break.

Finally top the European Hall of Fame and now am Number 1 in all 4 i can be.

View attachment 237610

A rather unimportant Cup to win that knocks SAF off the top spot

View attachment 237609

Spanish Super Cup V Malaga

View attachment 237608

A 1-1 draw in the 1st leg away from home meant little as in the 2nd leg we dominated despite my son getting injured early on in the game.

Easy Champions League Draw

View attachment 237607

Ramon Gets His 1st Spain Cap Weeks After Signing For us

View attachment 237606

Aug/Sept Results

View attachment 237605

So i have already mentioned the Super Cups but in Europe we have started well with back to back wins against Leverkusen and PSV.
We won 5 out of our opening 6 league games and drew the other against Real Madrid in a huge La Liga opener, we also put 7 past Tenerife.

League Table

View attachment 237604

Best Player - Manuel Florentino Ramon - 7 Goals in 11 Games in an amazing start to his new club

View attachment 237603

England

View attachment 924021

July-Nov 2026

Raheem Sterling Breaks Wayne Rooney's Most England Caps Record

View attachment 237523

Could well be a bit of a back and forth with this record as the AOC is on 145 caps.

July-Nov Results

View attachment 237522

So we had a tough Nations League group but we showed why we are the World Champions beating France and then Spain in just 4 days before beating Uruguay comfortably in a friendly.
We then beat my former side Spain again confirming our place in the next round before resting a few players in our final game and drawing 2-2 with France.
We ended the year with a comfortable win over Australia but are yet to find out who we will face in the Semi Finals.

Nations League Group

View attachment 237521

England Squad

View attachment 237520

Best Player - Raheem Sterling - 8 Goals in 10 games for the current England Cap and Goal record holder

View attachment 237519

Sterling still at Liverpool! LEGEND he must be for them for sure!

Also, how's Messi doing now?

KIU!

Sterling still at Liverpool! LEGEND he must be for them for sure!

Also, how's Messi doing now?

KIU!
I have only recently loaded the English league since i took charge of the National team so not sure if hes less likely to move on when i dont have the league loaded up but hes an amazing player still despite being 31.

Messi on the other hand is now around 39 years old but feels as if he should be a first team regular! Hes not rated at just 1 star by my assistant manager in comparison to the rest of the team and is likely to retire at the end of the season, i want to give him a run in the cup games but i cant really mess around in the league as its going to be tight

Barcelona

View attachment 924747

Oct/Nov 2026

Nicieza and Juan Ramon Make Spain Debuts

View attachment 237223View attachment 237222

Barca Have Developed 14 of the Current Spain Side

View attachment 237221

Barca Legend Sergio Busquets leaves on a free transfer after destroying his Barca Legacy by constantly moaning about game time despite being 38.

View attachment 237220

34 Year Old Neymar May Never Be the Same After This Injury

View attachment 237219

Oct/Sept Results

View attachment 237218

Back to back wins against Basel in the Champions League and a win against Leverkusen secured our place in the knockout stages of the Champions League after 5 wins from 5 in the group stages.
Still undefeated but we only won 5 out of our 8 league games drawing 3, we only managed draw 3-3 with At Madrid in a high entertaining game but soon redeemed ourselves by beating main Title Rivals Valencia.

League Table

View attachment 237217

Despite being undefeated so far this season we are down in 3rd place after to many draws, were only 3 points behind top spot though so its all to play for.

Best Player Manuel Florentino Ramon - 13 Goals in 22 Games

View attachment 237216

Barcelona

View attachment 925291

Dec 2026

So we won our last Champions League group game against PSV to secure 6 wins from 6 in the group stages and will face French side Monaco in the Knockout stages.

View attachment 237009

So we had the Club World Championship to contend with beating Seoul in the Semi Finals 3-0 before smashing At Miniero a Brazilian side in the Final 5-0!

View attachment 237008

Dec Results

View attachment 237007

So along with the European games already mentioned we beat Malaga in our only league game of the month whilst we also beat a little known club in the Spanish Cup 6-0 home and away and ended the year with a friendly.

League Table

View attachment 237006

Were like 9 points behind Valencia and down in 4th place but if we win our 2 games in hand we will be back up to 2nd and only 3 points behind Valencia. One thing i am happy with is Rivas is getting no game time at Valencia having made just 2 starts since leaving us.

Best Player - Manuel Florentino Ramon Again - 22 Goals in 27 Games

View attachment 237005

Still going strong mate. Bit sad to see the decline of Messi but would love if he was still with you at 40. Florentino Ramon looks like he could take over from Messi though kiu

Barcelona

View attachment 925422

January 2026 - Awards

World Golden Ball

View attachment 236948

Because of their World Cup exploits Sterling wins the award whilst Ward-Prowse gets second.

Ward Prowse Grabs World Player of the Year though with Samper in 3rd

View attachment 236947

2 Barca players in World Team of the Year with 5 players from the England World Cup Winning team in their too

View attachment 236946

Manuel Florentino Ramon Wins European Golden Boy
(1st Barca Player Since Rafinha Won It In My 1st Season)

View attachment 236945

Can i have a screenshot of carlos at arsenal..... great story mate

How does Sterling win Golden Ball and not even make team of the year?

Actually don't bother answering, I worked it out. He forced his way out of the team :p

@coolmcool.. you are the favorite personnel of which players now who are no longer at Barca?

sign any of those players again? Traore or other HG players?

sign any of those players again? Traore or other HG players?
Nah probably not Wingers are probably my strongest area, im not planning on buying anyone for a while unless i see a decent GK,