Barcelona - La Masia - Homegrown Challenge

coolmcool

Reaction score
Barcelona

View attachment 336730

So i havent had a story on here for a couple of months which is unlike me as for the past two or 3 years i have always had one on the go.
Im really just waiting for FM 2015 come out now and feel as if i have done it all in terms of making mediocre clubs brilliant and buying all the obvious players so decided to mix it up a bit.
So as mentioned in the title im going to play as Barcelona which will obviously be not that hard but the tricky bit will be not signing any players and trying to promote youth from within.
PS - Im not using any updates so i still have Sanchez and Valdes and im without the likes of Rakitic, Suarez and ter Stegen which will probably make it a little harder.
The biggest challenge i have found so far is with Valdes refusing a new deal my GK situation is going to be screwed next year but at least Pinto has signed a new deal.

Heres the current starting 11 and tactis with Messi injured at the start of the season.

View attachment 336729

Up next i will post screenshots of transfers out and the youngsters that will be key to our future,​

Your stories are too good, As long as your GKP doesn't do dreadful and you lose & concede alot then You will get the talent through like you always do :p good luck mate.

Well im bugerred for the moment as my little girl has been on my laptop and now my screenshots arent working! Any help would be much appreciated

Right well im all fixed, my Laptop keyboard has all but stopped working so for the minute i have another keyboard plugged into it, im almost a season in to the save so will post a couple of updates on how im doing so far in a minute.

Barcelona

View attachment 335822

Transfer History

View attachment 335818

So in January after being unable to sort out a contract with Valdes i had a little cheat to my rules and brought in German Keeper ter Stegen who in real life is now with the Spanish side anyway.
Im hoping he will be my only transfer in but not having an even remotely good keeper would have really buggered me up, at a young age he should last for a long while.

Players Out

Well i sold Pedro to Chelsea for a massive £32Million which i suppose could be seen as a gamble but with an array of decent wingers i dont feel like he will be missed. I also let Adriano move for £10Million.
Since these two deals though i have all but shut up shop for the foreseeable future as i dont want to leave myself short anywhere long term.

A shed load of players from the youth teams have also come into the first team squad including Striker Sandro, AMC Sergi Roberto and DC Sergi Gomez.

View attachment 335821View attachment 335820View attachment 335819

Bartra and Montoya are all but mainstays in my back 4 now along with Pique and Alba whilst Sergi Roberto has impressed with the likes of Fabregas and Iniesta seeming a bit injury prone. Up next i will post how were getting on so far domestically then it will be monthly updates.​

Barcelona

View attachment 335758

End Of 1st Season

Spanish Super Cup Winners

View attachment 335756

Spanish Cup Winners V Valencia

View attachment 335755View attachment 335754

Champions League

View attachment 335757

We were doing so well but just fell apart in the second leg against Juventus like most of our last couple of months.

2nd In La Liga

View attachment 335753

We were top for a large part of the season but completly fell apart in the second half after Christmas when other teams were strengthening. Our team had too many injuries and too many youngsters this season.

Look at the 1st Half of Results V 2nd Half Of Season Results.

View attachment 335752View attachment 335751

Player Stats

View attachment 335750

Best Player - Xavi

View attachment 335749

Best Young Player - Marc Bartra

View attachment 335748

Best Youth Intake Prospect

View attachment 335747

Barcelona

View attachment 335472

Summer 2014

Transfer History

View attachment 335471

So with Valdes refusing a new deal he echoed a supposed real life theory and moved on to Liverpool whist Afellay left for Bolton along with a load of youth players going on loan.
The deal i was proper peeved about was Bartra joining PSG! I had only just named him my best young player before PSG nabbed on transfer deadline day without me even knowing about it!
As im not buying anyone i didnt bother with transfer deadline day news updates and one click of the button was all it took for his unknown release clause to be activated his contract signed and the deal confirmed ******!

Starting 11 and Tactic for New Season

View attachment 335470

So the big step up will be for centre back Sergi Gomez as now that Bartra has left us hes all but a first choice player whilst Bojan will come back into the fold this season as i look to see who can be my main striker from Dongou, Sandro and Bojan.

Beat Real Madrid for Super Cup

View attachment 335469

So we manage to beat Real Madrid over two legs despite only bringing in one player over the last 3 transfer windows compared to them spending over £100Million on some surprising signings like Victor Moses and Lewis Holtby!​

Barcelona

View attachment 335370

Aug-Oct - 2014

Fixtures

View attachment 335369

So it was a little bit of a dodgy start in the league with just 2 wins in our first 5 games but a tweak to personnel up front saw us smash 8 wins off in a row including winning all of our European games so far.

League Table

View attachment 335368

Dominant! 3 points clear and almost twice as many goals scored as Real Madrid in second place as were determined to not lose the Title like last season,

Player of The Aug-Oct - Lionel Messi (Obvs)

View attachment 335367

Youngster of the Aug-Oct - Cristian Tello

View attachment 335366

Looking good mate, i started a barcelona game and put them into hundreds of millions of debt and relegated them down about 3 divisions. basically built them up using the youth players. 5 seasons into it now and Sergi Gomez has been my Captain since the start he is a machine at centre half and Alex Grimaldo is a top class left back, also Sergi Samper is quality in my centre midfield

Looking good mate, i started a barcelona game and put them into hundreds of millions of debt and relegated them down about 3 divisions. basically built them up using the youth players. 5 seasons into it now and Sergi Gomez has been my Captain since the start he is a machine at centre half and Alex Grimaldo is a top class left back, also Sergi Samper is quality in my centre midfield

Sounds interesting, Samper and Grimaldo have been on loan for me mainly so far but Sergi Gomez fell out with me about the club underachieving early on in the season and is currently rotting in the reserves, if he gets as good as he did with you i might have to try and reinstate him soon. Sergi Roberto has been my best performer out of the youngsters so far with Dongou and Sandro impressing upfront too.

Barcelona

View attachment 335290

Nov-Dec 2014

Fixtures

View attachment 335289

9 wins out of 11 in the last couple of months with young striker Dongou coming into his own but he along with Alex Song will miss all of Janauary thanks to the African Cup of Nations but Sandro will be back from injury to hopefully fill his boots.

League Table

View attachment 335288

4 points clear and a massive goal difference between us and second placed Real Sociedad whilst Real Madrid sit down in 4th place.

Top Our Champions League Group

View attachment 335287

Best Player So Far - Lionel Messi (DUH)

View attachment 335286

Best Young Player - Dongou

View attachment 335285

Right so the next update will be the end of March and will include if anyone left in the Winter Transfer window and hopefully a better Youth Intake.​

Barcelona

View attachment 335262

Jan-Mar - 2015

Winter Transfer Window

View attachment 335261

So 3 youngsters go out on loan with their playing time limited in the first team at the moment whilst Alexis Sanchez leaves for Man Utd for close to £40Million having not played much for us this season i decided to cash in whilst he was still worth the money.

Results

View attachment 335260

Were in the Quarter Finals of the Champions League, Spanish Cup Final and still top of the league but i hope were not getting Deja Vu from last season as we have let Real Madrid back into the title race with a couple of recent losses after winning so many games in a row in the turn of the year.

League Table

View attachment 335257

Best Player - Pique

View attachment 335256

Best Young Player - Deulofeu

View attachment 335255

Best Youth Intake Prospects

View attachment 335254View attachment 335253

Sounds interesting, Samper and Grimaldo have been on loan for me mainly so far but Sergi Gomez fell out with me about the club underachieving early on in the season and is currently rotting in the reserves, if he gets as good as he did with you i might have to try and reinstate him soon. Sergi Roberto has been my best performer out of the youngsters so far with Dongou and Sandro impressing upfront too.

i unfortunatly had to sell Sandro and Dongou to clear the debt, but i have kept an eye on them both and they are looking like top players now, Sergi Roberto and me had a fall out he was my vice captain behind Gomez but refused to sign a new contract in the 3rd season i think even though we had back to back promotions (as you would expect), so he moved on.

i unfortunatly had to sell Sandro and Dongou to clear the debt, but i have kept an eye on them both and they are looking like top players now, Sergi Roberto and me had a fall out he was my vice captain behind Gomez but refused to sign a new contract in the 3rd season i think even though we had back to back promotions (as you would expect), so he moved on.
Ah thats a shame Deulofeu has come on leaps and bounds for me this season but i guess you had to sell him too, I have also brought Bojan back into the fold and he has 10 plus goals so far this season.

Barcelona

View attachment 334975

End of Season 2015

Deulofeu Stars In 5-0 Spanish Cup Final V At Madrid

View attachment 334974

Dominant Near End Of League Season

View attachment 334973

Treble Complete With La Liga Win

View attachment 334972

Win League By 1 Point

View attachment 334971

League Player Stats

View attachment 334970

2-0 Win V PSG In Champions League Finals

View attachment 334969

Quadruple Confirmed

View attachment 334968

Player of the Season - Lionel Messi

View attachment 334967

Young Player of the Season - Gerard Deulofeu

View attachment 334966

Barcelona

View attachment 334929

Best Eleven From Quadruple Winning Season

View attachment 334928

So were only at the end of the second season and i already have 3 youngsters in Dongou, Roberto and Deulofeu playing major parts for us this season in winning trophies, Montoya is all but first choice RB as well whilst i will need to chose a long term replacement for Puyol as a player in his late thirties cant be playing as much as he has been this season.

Barcelona

View attachment 334927

August 2015

Starting 11 and Tactic For New Season

View attachment 334926

Macky Bagnack is the young Centre back who has come back from being on loan last season and will have the job of taking over from Puyol.

Squad Is Full Of Homegrown Players Now

View attachment 334925

Transfer History

View attachment 334924

A load of youngsters go out on loan whilst the only squad player to leave permanently is Dos Santos who refused a new deal as a backup player.

5-3 Aggregate Win Over At Madrid In Spanish Super Cup

View attachment 334923

Smash Arsenal 4-1 In European Super Cup

View attachment 334922

So not bad as were already 2 trophies up in the first few days of the new season.

This could be a big last season for a few players as the likes of Mascherano, Xavi and Puyol only have 1 year left on their contracts and want well over 200k a week each to remain with the club!​

Barcelona

View attachment 334917

Aug-Oct 2015

Results

View attachment 334916

14 wins out of 18 matches is definitly not a bad start but there have been a couple of poor results in there, I was pretty annoyed we beat At Madrid twice in the Super Cup but lost the more important fixture in the league along with losing to Valencia and getting destroyed by Dortmund as i probably rotated that little bit too much on the night.

League Table

View attachment 334913

3 points clear at the top at this early stage of the season but Real Madrid have a game in hand, It was very important to get the win against Real but if we continue to slip up against some of the lesser teams we will be buggered,

Player Stats

View attachment 334912

Best Player So Far - Andres Iniesta

View attachment 334911

Best Young Player - Jean Marie Dongou

View attachment 334910

Ah thats a shame Deulofeu has come on leaps and bounds for me this season but i guess you had to sell him too, I have also brought Bojan back into the fold and he has 10 plus goals so far this season.

I had deulofeu for a season and he was unreal, so when the big clubs came knocking i had to let go, but a nice £30 mill transfer fund from arsenal softened the blow