nSickboy

Reaction score
1278105613.png

Barcelona: The Tactic

Introduction

This tactic simulates the Barcelona game play from real life to your football manager game. What I have done here is found the roles for most of the players that play in Barcelona and tried to find out how would it be in Football Manager. Well that's the introduction I don't have anything else to add.

Note

It took me a long time to make this please rate/like the thread :). Thanks.

The Roles

Let's start with the defense:

The CB's

"Pique's Role" (The Ball Playing Defender)
View attachment 189789

"Puyol's Role" (The Central Defender)
View attachment 189792

The Full Backs.

"Alves' Role" (The Attacking Full Back)
View attachment 189804

"Abidal's Role" (The Supporting Full Back) *MORE DEFENSIVE
View attachment 189803

The Midfielders

"Xavi's Role" (The Deep Lying Playmaker)
View attachment 189810

"Iniesta's Role" (The Attacking Advanced Playmaker)
View attachment 189806

"Busquets' Role" (The Ball Winning Midfielder)
View attachment 189805

Wingers and Strikers

"Pedro's Role" (The Supporting Inside Forward)
View attachment 189808

"Villa's Role" (The Attacking Inside Forward)
View attachment 189809

"Messi's Role" (The Attacking Trequartista)
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-recreating-how-legends-play.html#post1186042
Credits goes to him :)

Download
v1
CLICK HERE
v2
CLICK HERE

Results

The game against Real Madrid:
View attachment 189840View attachment 189841View attachment 189842

More results:

View attachment 190396View attachment 190400View attachment 190397View attachment 190401View attachment 190398View attachment 190395View attachment 190399

I am still tweaking it so I'm open for any suggestions.
Almost forget let assistant do opposition instructions and make the pitch as small as possible.

Last edited:
This may seem different to you and you are entitled to disagree but when ever I watch Barca Villa and Pedro often act to hold the ball up rather than immediately attempt to take their fullback on. Just a suggestion that hold up the ball should be ticked on both

This may seem different to you and you are entitled to disagree but when ever I watch Barca Villa and Pedro often act to hold the ball up rather than immediately attempt to take their fullback on. Just a suggestion that hold up the ball should be ticked on both

I will try it. Thanks for the suggestion.

I dont mean to judge the tactic by any means. But to my understanding i though puyol was the stopper and pique was more the defend/cover player in barcelona's formation. In terms of your midfield, i am under the belief that Xavi acts as the deep-lying playmaker, busquets as a defensive midfielder whilst iniesta is simply (but one of the best) central attacking mid. I would then go and untick the playmaker option so its not all focused around xavi, and you do get that natural playmaking style from iniesta and busquets which you desire.

Just an opinion, im sure the tactic works great anyway, i just felt to add to the discussion of it all.

Look forward to testing your tactic :)

I dont mean to judge the tactic by any means. But to my understanding i though puyol was the stopper and pique was more the defend/cover player in barcelona's formation. In terms of your midfield, i am under the belief that Xavi acts as the deep-lying playmaker, busquets as a defensive midfielder whilst iniesta is simply (but one of the best) central attacking mid. I would then go and untick the playmaker option so its not all focused around xavi, and you do get that natural playmaking style from iniesta and busquets which you desire.

Just an opinion, im sure the tactic works great anyway, i just felt to add to the discussion of it all.

Look forward to testing your tactic :)

Thanks for the suggestion Timmy and as I said earlier I am still tweaking it and I hope that everyone that visits the topic just like you leaves a suggestion . :)

Wait for it... wait for it.... what, nobody has came in here and said "Xavi not got 100 pass, RUBBISH TACTIC LOLZ" ^^)

LOL. Xavi used to get 100 Passes as a Deep Lying Playmaker but now I'm using him as a Advanced Playmaker but more defensively and he switches positions with Iniesta lol.

dont you think your pass completion rate is abit low for a barcelona tactic? that's probably because your cbs are lumping the ball forward. you can try playing wider, increasing tempo, playing deeper, increasing cbs creative freedom. with a low creative freedom, when put under pressure they tend to take the safer option and lump it forward but with a higher creative freedom they will take more risks and actually pass the ball when in a difficult situation.

also i suggest you try out laffles messi's role. its amazing. he cant stop scoring for me and he chases down long clearances if you wish to leave your cbs the way they are. maybe he will get to about one or two.

Wow amazing result, did you play messi like i said or with your own settings?

I think everyone is bored now of Barcelona Tactic's and Xavi passing. I just dont understand why people put this tactic simulates Barcelona game play when it it clearly doesnt..........
Wait for it... wait for it.... what, nobody has came in here and said "Xavi not got 100 pass, RUBBISH TACTIC LOLZ" ^^)[/QUOTE

I think everyone is bored now of Barcelona Tactic's and Xavi passing. I just dont understand why people put this tactic simulates Barcelona game play when it it clearly doesnt..........
Wait for it... wait for it.... what, nobody has came in here and said "Xavi not got 100 pass, RUBBISH TACTIC LOLZ" ^^)[/QUOTE

did you even try the tactic ;)?

Nope i have my own Barcelona tactic that has possesion over 100 passes on xavi and the three forwards score for fun. Its on this site and i think i was the first person to get the over 100passes too. Good luck but i dont think to many people will be to bother about it as not to many people like Barcelona tactic anymore

;)

Nope i have my own Barcelona tactic that has possesion over 100 passes on xavi and the three forwards score for fun. Its on this site and i think i was the first person to get the over 100passes too. Good luck but i dont think to many people will be to bother about it as not to many people like Barcelona tactic anymore

;)

where is the link for your tactic ?

Messi has run with ball rarely? You should really use the Laffles role, or at least make your own role using him in AMC position.