do you use touchline and oi ?

I use touchline instructions if my team is struggling with possession
Pass to Feet
and Hassle Opponents
for OI's I don't use any

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

dont you think your pass completion rate is abit low for a barcelona tactic? that's probably because your cbs are lumping the ball forward. you can try playing wider, increasing tempo, playing deeper, increasing cbs creative freedom. with a low creative freedom, when put under pressure they tend to take the safer option and lump it forward but with a higher creative freedom they will take more risks and actually pass the ball when in a difficult situation.

also i suggest you try out laffles messi's role. its amazing. he cant stop scoring for me and he chases down long clearances if you wish to leave your cbs the way they are. maybe he will get to about one or two.

View attachment 189875
The game was against Real Madrid ;)
In this game I didn't do any tweaks just the normal tactic. It's better of course because Real Madrid is a strong team and they have a solid defense I can't just have get over 50 passes completed for 1 player :). Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

---------- Post added 04/08/2011 at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was 03/08/2011 at 11:52 PM ----------

Updated with link to v2

why a V2 what change?
is it more effective?

It has the Messi role and now Xavi isn't the main playmaker anymore. Xavi and Iniesta are both Advanced playmakers that switch positions.
It is certainly more effective ;).

This tactic simulates the Barcelona game play from real life to your football manager game.

Xavi is the playmaker for Barcelona!!!!

This tactic simulates the Barcelona game play from real life to your football manager game.

Xavi is the playmaker for Barcelona!!!!

It's actually both. Xavi and Iniesta. Watch some Barcelona games and you will see that most players look for Xavi or Iniesta but Xavi mostly.

and please if you are to make another reply can you please test the tactic first.

---------- Post added 07/08/2011 at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was 04/08/2011 at 03:21 AM ----------

Updated with more results ;D

Last edited:
If you take Busquets' Mentality down to very low, he will get closer to the CB's (like real life)
Also I'm not sure if this would work but you could put the CB's wide play to 'hug touchline' it might 'split' them (again like in real life)

Whilst I personally would have set Iniesta to cross from 'deep' he is the midfielder most likely to play in more advanced positions so your settings are probably as close as you can get.

I think maybe set Busquets to cross from deep as well.

Your Xavi role looks brilliant btw (shame you cant set run with ball, run from deep to somewhere between 'rarely' and 'sometimes' though).

really good tactic mate..i use hong kong club name kitchee..work very well..

If you take Busquets' Mentality down to very low, he will get closer to the CB's (like real life)
Also I'm not sure if this would work but you could put the CB's wide play to 'hug touchline' it might 'split' them (again like in real life)

Whilst I personally would have set Iniesta to cross from 'deep' he is the midfielder most likely to play in more advanced positions so your settings are probably as close as you can get.

I think maybe set Busquets to cross from deep as well.

Your Xavi role looks brilliant btw (shame you cant set run with ball, run from deep to somewhere between 'rarely' and 'sometimes' though).

Thanks for the feedback

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

really good tactic mate..i use hong kong club name kitchee..work very well..

I didn't know it worked with other clubs.

What tactic use vs Real MAdrid ?? v1 v2?

match preparation?

Last edited:
To make it even more barca try making set pieces to short especially corners. Get messi or xavi to take them and the other one to be the short option.

He might be the one to be the backup for Messi or he can replace Villa since he is more attacking than Pedro.

Pedro is just as attacking as Villa. I can get you proof somewhere if you want.

Hey, I've been using this tactic for one season now, and I'm losing the league by 6 points to real (won the first game lost the other, and some bad games against lower teams) and dropped against Chelsea in the quarter finals of UCL, won the spanish cup tho.
How do I get the same results as you do?

Hey, I've been using this tactic for one season now, and I'm losing the league by 6 points to real (won the first game lost the other, and some bad games against lower teams) and dropped against Chelsea in the quarter finals of UCL, won the spanish cup tho.
How do I get the same results as you do?

Can you show me a picture of your first team?