[Barclays Premier League] League table - Prediction.

1. Chelsea
2. Man Utd
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool
5. Tottenham
6. Man City
7. Fulham
8. Sunderland
9. Stoke
10. West Brom
11. Everton
12. Aston Villa
13. Bolton
14. Newcastle
15. Wigan
16. Blackburn
17. Norwich
18. Wolves
19. Swansea
20. QPR

1. Manchester United
2. Chelsea
3. Manchester City
4. Arsenal
5. Liverpool
6. Spurs
7. Aston Villa
8. Sunderland
9. Everton
10. Newcastle
11. Bolton
12. Fulham
13. West Brom
14. Wolves
15. Stoke City
16. Norwich
17. Swansea
18. Blackburn Rovers
19. Wigan Athletic
20. QPR

1 - Chelsea
2 - Man United
3 - Man City
4 - Arsenal
5 - Liverpool
6 - Tottenham Hotspur
7 - Sunderland
8 - Everton
9 - Aston Villa
10 - Stoke City
11 - Bolton
12 - Fulham
13 - Newcastle
14 - West Brom
15 - Wigan
16 - Swansea
17 - QPR
18 - Wolves
19- Norwich
20- Blackburn.

1. Manchester United...sadly.
2.Chelsea
3.Manchester City
4.Liverpool
5.Arsenal no decent signings going to be left behind by big spending rivals
6.Spurs... Modric wants to go it seems which he probably will or he will be poor
7.Everton
8.Bolton
9.Sunderland
10.Fulham (John Arne Riise is a great signing)
11.West Brom (they have a great manager)
12.Aston Villa
13.Stoke City
14.Blackburn
15.Newcastle United
16.Q.P.R (Neil Warnock will be as determined as ever)
17.Swansea
18.Wigan
19.Wolves
20.Norwich
From Stoke down will be a fierce relegation battle I think. Enjoy (H)

With the signing of Roger Johnson i think Wolves will be very good, with QPR Selling Tarabat and not spending, neither with Swansea, and Nzogbia leaving wigan......

1. Manchester United
2. Chelsea
3. Man City
4. Liverpool
5. Arsenal
6. Spurs
7. Sunderland
8. Everton
9. Villa
10. Stoke
11. Newcastle
12. Fulham
13. Bolton
14. Wolves
15. West Brom
16. Blackburn
17. Norwich
18. Wigan
19. QPR
20. Swansea

Actually think this is accurate!!

1. Manchester United
2. Chelsea
3. Manchester City
4. Arsenal
5. Liverpool
6. Spurs
7. Aston Villa
8. Sunderland
9. Everton
10. Newcastle
11. Bolton
12. Fulham
13. West Brom
14. Wolves
15. Stoke City
16. Norwich
17. Swansea
18. Blackburn Rovers
19. Wigan Athletic
20. QPR

have to say i can see City maybe winning it with the signing of Aguero

Nice OP, Frutty! And thanks for providing all the teams, it's sometimes hard to think of them all.

I'm looking forward to this season, but I think many teams will improve and the newly promoted teams are decent, especially a strengthened QPR. It's going to close this year (maybe not as close as last year though) and I think teams will need to be solid defensively to stay up, as there are some very attacking teams!

Here's my prediction (with point difference):
1) Manchester United (+2) - Well, well, what can I say? They are and have always been a top club, and with the acquisition of Young, De Gea and Jones, I can see them winning the title [narrowly] again!
2) Chelsea (+7) - They have some youth coming through (McEachran) to compliment their ageing squad and Villas-Boas should be able to sort of last season's 'mess', although he may be sacked for not winning the Champions League [if he doesn't]!
3) Manchester City (+2) - Money, money, money. Buy, buy, buy. The signing of Aguero and probably many more should see them finish in 3rd, just like last season with maybe a cup win again?
4) Liverpool (+1) - King Kenny has spend millions to reinstate Liverpool as a major European power and it should pay off, but they will grab a lucky 4th place.
5) Arsenal (+7) - With Gervinho swiftly signed and others to [apparently] follow, added to their clever boss and great squad, Arsenal should do well next season but may drop out of the Champions League (a bit biased here!).
6) Tottenham (+2) - They will be disappointed with this, but Arsenal are still strong, Liverpool are improving rapidly (not bias there!), City are mega-rich, Chelsea have some top players and Manchester United, well, what can I say? The 'Top 6' is a very tough place to be, and unfortunately Spurs will not have a great season.
7) Everton (+1) - However much I hate them, they are a top, top side with great youngsters such as Baxter, Rodwell and Coleman just to name a few and many experienced yet quality players too (Arteta, Howard, Jagielka, etc.). They should qualify for the Europa League.
8) West Brom (+0) - Woy likes to manage 'smaller' teams (not offence meant) like Fulham and West Brom, and should take them to/on the verge of Europe next season. They were fantastic under him last season, and he should continue his great work.
9) Aston Villa (+3) - Some new signings and a good new manager, Villa will be a force to be reckoned with next season.
10) Blackburn (+5) - They have new [rich] owners remember, and are becoming very ambitious!
11) QPR (+2) - Some promising new signings, such as Boothroyd, Gabbidon, DJ Campbell and Dyer to add to their already strong and resilient squad. A surprise outfit, maybe?
12) Sunderland (+0) - A top side who have great players, but have underperformed in recent season. I don't expect them to have a cracking season, but not a terrible one either.
13) Stoke (+5) - A great team who may not have the best of player, but their exception teamwork and tactical approach should see them reach safety, and maybe another cup final!
14) Bolton (+3) - A solid side managed by a proven manager, and they should also be safe this season.
15) Newcastle (+4) - Great fans, a bit of cash and some good signings should equal safety for the Tynesiders.
16) Wolves (+6) - They are a strong and technically competent side who are strengthened a lot by the signing of newly appointed captain Roger Johnson.
17) Wigan (+3) - They have this mentality of just staying up, every season against the odds and the tactical genius that is Roberto Martinez should ensure they do it again.
18) Fulham (+5) - This will come as a shock to most of you, but I cannot really see them finishing anywhere else with the quality of new acquisitions of their relegation rivals.
19) Norwich (+2) - A team with a great spirit, but they have failed to buy effectively this summer. They need a lot of strengthening or luck if they are to stay up in such a competitive league. Pure spirit will not see them through.
20) Swansea (N/A) - Danny Graham should bang in a few goals, but overall their team is quite poor in comparison to others and they don't have the spirit of QPR or Norwich, nor the quality - hence why they had to come up via the playoffs.

I like the new boys to stay up, but I don't think Swansea and Norwich will. I would hate United to get their 20th title, but I don't think even Villas-Boas will be able to stop them from doing that. Can't wait to stay up all night watching Match of the Day!

Last edited:
Few people had Wolves and Birmingham on their lists a year ago. Yet one (the stronger of the two) went and the other came within a *** papers width.

Therefore expect a nasty second season for Newcastle and WBA. Newcastle have a **** manager and no squad harmony, WBA still need a defender. A mid season casualty at a big club may prize Hodgson away from the Baggies, leaving them screwed.

Norwich are the strongest of the new three in my view.

I have to say that I completely disagree with the general opinion on Newcastle. I think it would be disappointing if they won't get a top 10 place this season.

1. Manchester United
2. Chelsea
3. Manchester City
4. Liverpool
5. Arsenal
6. Aston Villa
7. Tottenham
8. Newcastle
9. Everton
10. Sunderland
11. Bolton
12. West Brom
13. Stoke
14. Fulham
15. Blackburn
16. Wolves
17. Wigan
18. Norwich
19. QPR
20. Swansea

Last edited:
1. Manchester United
2. Chelsea
3. Manchester City
4. Liverpool
5. Arsenal
6. Aston Villa
7. Tottenham
8. Newcastle
9. Everton
10. Sunderland
11. Newcastle
12. Bolton
13. West Brom
14. Stoke
15. Fulham
16. Wolves
17. Wigan
18. Norwich
19. QPR
20. Swansea

You wrote Newcastle twice.

1. Manchester United
2. Arsenal*
3. Chelsea*
4. Man City*
5. Liverpool
6. Newcastle
7. Spurs
8. Sunderland
9. Everton
10. Aston Villa
11. Bolton
12. Fulham
13. Wigan Athletic
14. Wolves
15. Stoke City
16. BlackBurn Rovers
17. Swansea
18. Norwich
19. WBA
20. QPR

*subjected to Change. 8-|

Last edited:
1. Manchester United
2. Chelsea
3. Manchester City
4. Arsenal
5. Spurs
6. Liverpool
7. Sunderland
8. Everton
9. Bolton
10. Fulham
11. Aston Villa
12. Newcastle
13. Stoke
14. WBA
15. Blackburn
16. Norwich
17. QPR
18. Wolves
19. Swansea
20. Wigan

A very close title race between the top 3 and the bottom two to be relegated a while before the last game is my prediction :)

Few people had Wolves and Birmingham on their lists a year ago. Yet one (the stronger of the two) went and the other came within a *** papers width.

Therefore expect a nasty second season for Newcastle and WBA. Newcastle have a **** manager and no squad harmony, WBA still need a defender. A mid season casualty at a big club may prize Hodgson away from the Baggies, leaving them screwed.

Norwich are the strongest of the new three in my view.
I disagree with that.

Firstly, Birmingham went due to (in my opinion) poor squad harmony after they had started signing these foreign players for big bucks. The season before last, they did well because many of their players had a massive desire to play in the Premier League and do well - and they wanted Birmingham to do well as well.

Since the signing of Zigic, Beausejour, Martins and co. they have started to struggle (although luck and some great performances secured the Carling Cup) and also suffered from 'Carling Cup hangover' - thinking they were better than they were and creating a false sense of complacency.

Wolves had a poor squad and were expected to go down, but they have a fighting spirit. It doesn't matter how close they were to relegation, their grit, luck and maybe good management saw them through. They did well last season, although they could of done much better. Their squad was quite weak and they couldn't have really achieved anything spectacular under Mick McCarthy.

Newcastle don't have a bad manager, in my opinion. Sure, they could do better than Pardew but he guided them to safety last season and won a few games too - one of them against Liverpool. His squad wasn't the best, with Carroll leaving, with only a few average strikers to choose from and the defence was dogdy at times.

However, they have spent well this summer, with players like Marveaux, Ba and Cabaye and the new recruits should lead them to safety, or beyond. I'm predicting a low finish for them, a solid but unspectacular position. No Europe, no cup win but no relegation either.

I have to say that I completely disagree with the general opinion on Newcastle. I think it would be disappointing if they won't get a top 10 place this season.
They have a good squad now, but top 10 is pushing it in my opinion. I think maybe 15th-12th is more an accurate prediction, but obviously they will be aiming for a top half finish.

But I agree, people are underestimating Newcastle like many underestimated West Brom last season, and that could be a mistake.

They have a good squad now, but top 10 is pushing it in my opinion. I think maybe 15th-12th is more an accurate prediction, but obviously they will be aiming for a top half finish.

But I agree, people are underestimating Newcastle like many underestimated West Brom last season, and that could be a mistake.
Newcastle's team is a lot better than West Brom's though and it may be able to combat with teams like Everton and Aston Villa. I predict 7th-9th.

Newcastle's team is a lot better than West Brom's though and it may be able to combat with teams like Everton and Aston Villa. I predict 7th-9th.
I agree with your first statement, but West Brom's manager is better at managing these types of teams.

And the league is getting harder, with teams like Stoke, Blackburn and Sunderland improving all the time. But I would say it your estimate is fair, but ​I disagree.

1st: Manchester United
2nd: Manchester City
3rd: Chelsea
4th: Liverpool
5th: Tottenham
6th: Arsenal
7th: Aston Villa
8th: Bolton
9th: West Brom
10th: Stoke
11th: Everton
12th: Wolves
13th: Fulham
14th: Newcastle
15th: Sunderland
16th: Blackburn
17th: QPR
18th: Wigan
19th: Norwich
20th: Swansea

Oh well. My prediction down the crapper

*screws up paper and throws in bin*

After some of the performances at the weekend and before, getting the distinct impression it's going to be very different to how I predicted it. Not to mention bizzare transfer window purchases by clubs like Arsenal and Redknapps insistence on buying midfielders

Last edited: