Barnsley: 40% attendance and sod all funds. Premier League? :D

Unlucky against Palace. I'd keep your seasonal aims at mid table personally. You don't want to put unnecessary pressure in yourself. Some good signings, shame about losing O'Brien, but at that kind of money you aren't in a position to say no. Are you still in the FA Cup? I nice little cup run could be good for the finances and give you a position to spring board from next season.

QUICK QUESTION - HOW DID YOU GET A DIFFERENT BADGE FOR SOME OF YOUR OPPONENTS? IS THERE A BADGE PACK FOR THAT?

After that awful run of luck against Crystal Palace, the Reds were out looking to bounce back - with 3 away fixtures in a row, the first being an FA cup third round tie against QPR. I couldn't have asked for any more, and the board were delighted we made it to the fourth round.

View attachment 219127

Loboué's buggered off on international duty, and I'm still struggling for depth. I've decided to make a move for Stuart Taylor (GK) and Lloyd Dyer (AMRL) on loan. Good signings? I hope so.

After the fantastic result in the FA cup, the emphasis was again back on the league, with the Tykes picking up all 3 points at Coventry. This would be the last win for a long time.

View attachment 219129

A stutter in form followed, with the only real highlight being a draw against Bolton in the FA cup, leaving us with a 4th round home tie to look forward to. I'm not too worried though, the performances haven't been too bad, and the new signings are becoming increasingly umm.. gelled? It's not that we've been bad, we've just conceded about 10 goals of the month. Sounds just like Barnsley. Results:

View attachment 219130 View attachment 219131 View attachment 219132 View attachment 219133

League table:

View attachment 219134

Still hoping for the top 6 finish!

good story so far mate. was wondering where you got that coventry kits and logo from?

good story so far mate. was wondering where you got that coventry kits and logo from?

I'm not sure exactly where, I just remember browsing through the fm-base downloads when I first got Fm12. There aren't that many English downloads to be honest, and I always go for whichever goes down to the lowest league. That's how you'll find the right packs :D

February of my first season! I can feel the tension as the season hots up. And what a month for Barnsley! The relegation favorites find themselves sitting firmly in a play-off spot with a lovely FA cup run to savour!

View attachment 219175

The Tykes are currently on a four-game unbeaten run in the league, with the 2 FA cup games (both against Premier League opposition) also ending in draws. I hate penalties, but I love them. So, that's 10 points out of a possible 12 in the league and potentially a place in the Quarter Final of the FA Cup - if we can beat Swansea in the fifth round replay.

The lads have put in some purely brilliant performances recently, and my new and improved left flank is getting all the praise. I've decided to chuck Etuhu upfront (with Haynes) in place of Craig Davies and he's getting a nice feel for the back of the net with his poaching.

Season standings as of end of Feb:

View attachment 219182

Psst! We have a game in hand! :D

March has come and gone, and it couldn't have gone any better! (Apart from losing to Donny, ********... -_-). The fans are starting to believe they could really be headed for the promised land, for only the second time in the club's long history. The manager reckons so, too. Since starting this save, I've re-built the wings, toyed with hundreds of strategies and doubled the size of the squad. Result? The Tykes are in the Semi Final of the FA Cup!! Completely out of nowhere! Just goes to show; we only ever win by one goal - but it's always enough. Oh, and uhmm.. why is it always one goal we win by? It's really odd.

March Fixtures:

View attachment 219197

The Board are delighted with our performance in the Championship and FA Cup, I'm even starting to think we have a chance of winning it. Possible? Tell me what you reckon. The other teams left in the Cup are Stoke/West Brom, Man City, Hull/Man Utd - with the / meaning a replay is needed.

I've recently re-tweaked our tactics, we're a bit more attacking now;

View attachment 219199
(Yes, I am aware of how knackered everyone is)

As well as the epicness in the cup, points have been racking up in the league. Take a look (Barnsley have 2 games in-hand) :

View attachment 219198

Some important results

View attachment 219200 View attachment 219203 View attachment 219201 View attachment 219202

WOOOO!!

Been inspired by this story to do a Barnsley save.

Started 3 games, then got crash dumps. XD

Must be something in the water as I beat Leicester 2-1 abosultely played them off the park. Lost 1-0 in the Carling Cup to Bradford. 3rd game drew 0-0. More or less identical results as you aha.

Keepeing an eye on this, KUTGW.

Last edited:
Been inspired by this story to do a Barnsley save.

Started 3 games, then got crash dumps. XD

Must be something in the water as I beat Leicester 2-1 abosultely played them off the park. Lost 1-0 in the Carling Cup to Bradford. 3rd game drew 0-0. More or less identical results as you aha.

Keepeing an eye on this, KUTGW.

If you win by more than one goal five times in your first season, you'll deserve a medal.

If you win by more than one goal five times in your first season, you'll deserve a medal.

I know, the morale drops like no-ones business. When I beat Leicester I was thinking this isn't as difficult as I thought but my god its difficult lol.

The small, working-class, kind of chavvy town of Barnsley is gobsmacked. I'm gobsmacked. The scenes from the 1-0 win over Chelsea in 2008 are being repeated; spotty oiks are invading the pitch - this time at Wembley!

April and May 2012 have been the finest months in Barnsley's history, with promotion secured (with a 'C', not a 'P') and a complete fluke of an FA Cup run, tearing Premier League opposition apart. I knew I was going to win when I put ten past Nottingham Forest. No, I didn't cheat - I refuse to pay for that in-game editor. Three Notts Forest defenders picked up pretty bad knocks, and the manager decided to leave them on the field. Result: Haynes got 5, the highest tally in Championship history.
Plus, I've finally settled on a winning tactic! :D

View attachment 219224

As you can see, they actually bet us on possession. Hmm... I'll have to work on that.

After the heroics against Everton, the Reds were gifted a semi-final tie at Wembley against the famous Manchester United. Could the Tykes pull this off?

View attachment 219225

Of course they could. We were 2-1 down for a while, but late goals by Shaun Batt and Danny Haynes booked Barnsley another trip to Wembley... for an FA Cup final! The performance against Man Utd was simply stunning. We defended brilliantly, and snatched all three of our goals on the break. I knew pace was better than skill on the wing.

**Que sera, sera - Whatever will be, will be - we're going to Wem-ber-lee (again), que sera, seraaa**

Between here and the FA Cup final, however, there was a promotion to chase. Here are some of our results from this period:

View attachment 219226 View attachment 219227 View attachment 219228 View attachment 219229

A win against rivals Leeds shot morale through the roof, and this continued to do leaps and bounds for Barnsley, with the lads putting 5 and 4 past Brighton and Ipswich respectively. That 10-1 win vs Notts Forest was between these matches.

It all came down to the final day of the npower Championship season. If Burnley and Leicester both drew or lost, the Reds would only need a point at home to Portsmouth to secure the trophy. Burnely and Leicesters results were irrelevant, however, as Barnsley FC coasted 1-0 past Portsmouth - winning the npower Championship for the first time.

Here's the final table:

View attachment 219231

With the league behind us and with a Premiership season to look forward to, everyone's morale was superb. The same couldn't be said for West Brom, who had only just survived up in the Prem. Their morale was all between 'okay', and 'abysmal'. Graham Dorrans of West Brom earned himself an early bath on 47 minutes for a horror tackle on Jacob Butterfield, giving Barnsley a true shot at FA Cup glory.
Haynes is through by 5 yards! Only the keeper to beat, he goes 'round him! He... skied it....
Haynes is through again! Surely he'll beat the keeper this time! WHAT THE ****!? HE'S PASSED IT BACK TO ETUHU. Etuhu tries a long shot. JSHFHMSJSDBFLDSJBGLDSJFBKJDBHGKSHBGVDSHB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1-0 to championship side Barnsley in the FA Cup final at Wembley!

View attachment 219230

**Que sera, sera - Whatever will be, will be - we kicked *** at Wem-ber-lee, que sera, seraaa**

View attachment 219232

European glory? Who knows. That'll be all for the 11-12 season, please comment and tell me how awesome I did in the cup ;)

What tactic did you finally use mate. Congratulations!

View attachment 219234

Materazzi was solid in defence all season, and Butterfield has started to mature into a real gem. His attributes are on a gradual rise. I used the pace of wingers Dyer and Batt to break, with Lovre holding up the ball. The idea was get it to preferably Dyer (18 pace), get him to the byline, put in a drill cross, and hopefully Haynes with his 17 pace would get there before the opposition defenders.

It worked a treat. I toyed around with 2 attackers or 2 midfielders throughout the season, eventually settling on another fast striker, Kevin Etuhu, who I originally bought for the wing. He got a fair few towards the end of the season by latching on to through-balls.

could you upload the save game so some of us could carry on? you were so close to glory with barnsley!