barSILona - Tactic's set - 83 goals in first 11 games

silky

Reaction score
Yes yes I know I'm Barcelona but the goalscoring power of these tactic's is truly ridiculous. I haven't tested with anybody else, it would be great to see results if anybody does?

First off here's the 3 shapes I use
View attachment 225764 View attachment 225763 View attachment 225762
The only players that change position are the number 20 (needs to be able to play CM + DMC + DMC - I use Masch or Busquets) and the 2 wide players numbers 22 & 2 (needs to be able to play DR/L + WBR/L + MR/L - Alves, Montoya, Alba, Mathieu).

The shape I play depends on the opponent, actually it depends on how many forwards & attacking midfielders they deploy.
vs 4-4-2 - use 3-4-3
vs 4-2-3-1 - use 2-3-2-3
vs 4-1-2-2-1 - use 4-3-3

or try this rule of thumb
vs 1 SC + 0 AMC - use 4-3-3
vs 1 SC + 1 AMC - use 2-3-2-3
vs 2 SC + 0 AMC - use 3-4-3
vs 2 SC + 1 AMC - never had to but I'd suggest 3-4-3 and use the dlp to man mark the AMC

(any others I will be happy to answer :))

The 'long flat throw' is a HUGE help, my 'side' players all have it, train/buy players to exploit this.

Corners I have my 'left sided player' taking my right corners, and my 'right sided player' taking my left corners.

OI's View attachment 225732

I'm in the third season here, won everything in first two season's while tweaking these tactics, only really adding 'galactics's' (Pogba, Vidal), replacing players who wanted new challenges (Cuadrado for Alves, Martinez for Pique, now targeting CR7 for Pedro) and a few young talents at the start to bulk up my 1st team squad (Memphis, Balanta, Romero and Barbosa). Results this season have been INSANE.
View attachment 225749 View attachment 225748 View attachment 225747

Last edited:
i'd love to use a tactic that brings such results but it would be great if you tested this first with a "normal" team and not the best possible in the game... so some more screens with good but not awesome teams would be appreciated..

What is Vovv? Set pieces are set up, 'wide' players take corners and throws (long flat is big plus), not sure about training, personally I train players in there roles and if leaking goals or facing a big team go defensive positioning - attacking movement for the rest of the time
View attachment 225734

Memphis Depay has broken the game View attachment 225733

What is Vovv? Set pieces are set up, 'wide' players take corners and throws (long flat is big plus), not sure about training, personally I train players in there roles and if leaking goals or facing a big team go defensive positioning - attacking movement for the rest of the time
View attachment 950831

Memphis Depay has broken the game View attachment 950833

Thank you :) OP?

Looks good mate. Against 4-1-4-1, 4-4-1-1, 4-2dm-2wm-1amc-1stc which formation do you use? Any O.I. ?

Last edited:
i had to try this simply due to the numbers on show. currently in pre season (season4 with man u) just bought messi for 140million. shall give it a go this season and let you know

Is it ok for LB to take all corners and throws? He's my only player with PPM bullet throw.

Sorry forgot the OI's, added to OP :)

vs 4-1-4-1 - use 4-3-3 (2 DC's vs 1 SC)
vs 4-4-1-1 - use 2-3-2-3 (2 DC's vs 1 SC & our DMC for the AMC)
vs 4-2(DM)-3-1 - use 2-3-2-3 (2DC's vs 1 SC & our WB's + DMS cover the opp AM's)

I hope that makes sense. Just think about having enough players in your DEF & DM spaces to cover/mark the players in the opponents AM and SC spaces. And ALWAYS go 3-4-3 against 2 SC's :).

View attachment 950831

Memphis Depay has broken the game View attachment 950833

those numbers are crazy! you must keep us up to date on your progress!

Is it ok for LB to take all corners and throws? He's my only player with PPM bullet throw.

Yes that is fine, I have one left sided (Matheiu) and one right sided (Montoya) with the long flat throw, I just try to ensure one of them is on the pitch. Corners I would recommend the left sided player takes right corners and the right sided player takes the left corners.

Were you QPR? Or are you just general trolling? :p

man united season 4.
i had 40+ shots i put it down to bad luck.
they played a 4231 formation i squared up with the 2-3-2-3