It's insane how well you've done! Are you on the legends list yet?

Yeah - have been for a while although Aitor Herrera beat me too it! Funnily enough my job security is not "untouchable" - the only one who is is Roberto Mancini with England!

Yeah - have been for a while although Aitor Herrera beat me too it! Funnily enough my job security is not "untouchable" - the only one who is is Roberto Mancini with England!
have the board let you choose your feeder club yet? i issued an ultimatum when they said no and they let me choose it.

have the board let you choose your feeder club yet? i issued an ultimatum when they said no and they let me choose it.

I have tried to do everything to get a club for marketing but even when I pick a club it doesnt happen so I have given up!

Still loving this! Looking good in the league. Whats happening with the 'B' team though? Have you stole all the good players?

Still loving this! Looking good in the league. Whats happening with the 'B' team though? Have you stole all the good players?

Nah - I was planning a clear out in the summer of the B team so this years performance was a surprise. I did sell 3 players from them but keep giving them some decent young players so its just one of them things I think. They have won a few now to get back in touch the pack though

images

FEBRUARY

Bilbao open up 5pt lead and remain unbeaten
Manchester City well beaten at the Etihad
Ugalde off to AC Milan at end of season for £18.25m
Real Madrid finally sack Mazzarri

A good month but we are not as convincing as previous seasons. Struggling to beat teams but I suppose compared to last season I was unlikely to do much better. Agreed to sell Ugalde in the summer as Hondo N'Dongo is continually improving and £18.25m for a back up CB who arrived on a free is good business! Excellent result away to Manchester City was the highlight of the month. Unfortunately De la Torre got injured against Elche and is out for a few months.

Copa del Rey SF 2nd Leg
Athletic Bilbao 1-0 Real Valladolid
Gomez Comas

Real Madrid 3-3 Athletic Bilbao
Muniain, Garcia, Silinger (og)

Levante 1-2 Athletic Bilbao
Garcia (pen), Ordonez Lopez

Athletic Bilbao 4-1 Real Valladolid
Sanz, Susaeta 2, Perez Villarroya

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
Manchester City 2-4 Athletic Bilbao
Muniain, Gomez Comas 2, Sanz

Real Sociedad 1-1 Athletic Bilbao
Herrera

Athletic Bilbao 2-1 Real Betis
Muniain, Sanz (pen)

Elche 0-4 Athletic Billbao
Sanz 2, Ordonez Lopez, Barandiaran

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JOSE CARLOS SANZ

View attachment 241945

View attachment 241946

images

MARCH

Title decider? Redaelli v Herrera, Barca v Bilbao = THRILLER!
Bilbao knock out Manchester City and get Paris St.Germain in quarters
B team win 5 in a row to go mid table - not safe yet though
Spain thump Portugal

A good solid month. Rotated the players a bit as we had a few home games and felt I could get away with it. The month was centred around our match v Barca. I noticed they had a striker scoring a lot of goals and my jaw dropped when I saw his stats (see below)! There are many good regens in this save but this is the first one that I have seen up at Aitor Herrera's level and I don't know how I missed them signing him for £42m!

Anyway as for the match itself Redaelli put Barca ahead but it was shortlived when Muniain set up Herrera to equalise (I am viewing this as Messi v Ronaldo in real life terms). We then went on to dominate before low and behold with 10min left Thiago scores for Barca (and at that point I decided that the little ***** wont get called up for Spain again lol) and our unbeaten run was over and we would be 2nd. BUT NO!!!! In stoppage time Muniain jinked down the left and won a free kick 30 yards out and up stepped Aitor "God" Herrera to smash home the free kick! Cue me appearing to do a rain dance in celebration around my laptop in my lounge! lol.

Athletic Bilbao 3-0 Real Zaragoza
Barandiaran, Muniain, Sanz

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
Athletic Bilbao 2-2 Manchester City
Herrera, Garcia

Athletic Bilbao 1-0 Sevilla
Perez Villarroya

Barcelona 2-2 Athletic Bilbao
Herrera 2
View attachment 242003View attachment 242004

Athletic Bilbao 1-0 Levante
Ugalde

Las Palmas 1-3 Athletic Bilbao
Muniain, Garcia, Perez Villarroya

UEFA Champions League QF 1st Leg
Paris St.Germain 2-1 Athletic Bilbao
Garcia

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
IKER MUNIAIN

images

View attachment 242007

SPAIN

Friendly

Spain 3-0 Portugal
Vadillo, Garcia 2

Wow that Radaelli looks quality. Can you put up a picture of his history for me? :) I'm curious lol well done anyway 8 more games to make sure you dont lose

Another great season how many season do you plan to stay at athletico

Til Aitor retires and we both ride off in the sunset together! lol.

Was thinking of stopping at the end of the season for a week or two and start a new one but I will come back to it for sure as I love this save but been doing it for nearly a month now and maybe if I take a break for a couple of weeks I will come in with a new perspective - even toyed with the idea of making another manager and try and get the steam achievement by getting a side promoted from bottom to top division.

As for another save I would love to be my beloved Newcastle and do a story on them but lots of people are jumping on that bandwagon at the mo and dont want to clutter the thread with another Newcastle story. My local club Aberdeen crossed my mind as did Queens Park. Any suggestions would be gladly accepted! lol.

Could even maybe do a network game with 1 person and do a joint story from eachothers perspectives and slag eachothers team off! Ha

Was thinking of stopping at the end of the season for a week or two and start a new one but I will come back to it for sure as I love this save but been doing it for nearly a month now and maybe if I take a break for a couple of weeks I will come in with a new perspective - even toyed with the idea of making another manager and try and get the steam achievement by getting a side promoted from bottom to top division.

As for another save I would love to be my beloved Newcastle and do a story on them but lots of people are jumping on that bandwagon at the mo and dont want to clutter the thread with another Newcastle story. My local club Aberdeen crossed my mind as did Queens Park. Any suggestions would be gladly accepted! lol.

Could even maybe do a network game with 1 person and do a joint story from eachothers perspectives and slag eachothers team off! Ha
lol i would love to do that

That would be great if you did a newcastle story after your two week break i think every one would love to see how you could do the same to them like you did athlectico

Go Queens park. Want to see a repeat of the champions league win haha.

My next story will be at least 1 team from bottom to top. Thought of doing it with two or three managers doing each league England, Scotland and Spain? bottom to top

Go Queens park. Want to see a repeat of the champions league win haha.

My next story will be at least 1 team from bottom to top. Thought of doing it with two or three managers doing each league England, Scotland and Spain? bottom to top

Scotland - Queens Park (for Hampden) or the mighty Shire of East Stirling! (Or for us locally Peterhead with McAllister)
Spain - Tenerife, Oviedo, Alaves, Salamanca (in my game the only team that went from bottom to top in Spain was Atletico Baleares)
England - **** knows - I would have said Gateshead but they in Conference
(I am tempted to do one in Italy as Perugia are down in the bottom division)

images

APRIL

7 titles in a row for Bilbao - still unbeaten
Bilbao lose twice in France but still reach Champions League final
Bilbao humiliate soon to be relegated Mallorca 9-0
Goalkeeper David injured for a month

Forget the title win, forget the upcoming cup finals - only 3 words describe this month - GASPAR PEREZ VILLARROYA!!!! He has been unbelievable and completely outshone everyone so much so that Muniain is now being played RW (and will do for Spain also) and Vadillo will be sold upon his return. He has more assists than God himself Aitor Herrera! His month was this:

Game 1 - 1 goal, 6 assists, 9.8, MOM
Game 2 - 3 assists, 9.1, MOM
Game 3 - 1 goal, 8.0
Game 4 - nowt, 6.9
Game 5 - 1 goal, 8.5, MOM
Game 6 - 1 goal, 7.4
Game 7 - 1 assist, 8.0
Game 8 - 1 goal, 7.6, MOM
TOTAL: 8 games, 5 goals, 10 assists, 4 MOM

Athletic Bilbao 9-0 Mallorca
Sanz, Alfredo 3, Gomez 2, San Jose 2, Perez Villarroya

UEFA Champions League QF 2nd Leg
Athletic Bilbao 3-0 Paris St.Germain
Muniain, Garcia, Gomez Comas

Osasuna 0-3 Athletic Bilbao
Barandiaran, Santano, Perez Villarroya

Villarreal 0-3 Athletic Bilbao
Garcia, Cidoncha, Barandiaran

Athletic Bilbao 2-0 Granada
Garcia, Perez Villarroya

UEFA Champions League SF 1st Leg
Lyon 3-2 Athletic Bilbao
Perez Villarroya, Garcia

Athletic Bilbao 3-0 Sporting Gijon
Garcia 2, Sanz

UEFA Champions League SF 2nd Leg
Athletic Bilbao 5-0 Lyon
Garcia 3, Muniain, Herrera

Real Betis 0-2 Athletic Bilbao
Perez Villarroya, Herrera

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
GASPAR PEREZ VILLARROYA
View attachment 242092

View attachment 242093

Mate I was watching The Athletic game tonight and as I watched the team sheet I expected Aitor Herrera to be there. It was weird lol

Mate I was watching The Athletic game tonight and as I watched the team sheet I expected Aitor Herrera to be there. It was weird lol

I watched it also - I was so pleased they made it through and I hope they win it!

Me Too! Was a great game. Best European game I've seen this year.