images

MAY - END OF SEASON

3 times in a row for Bilbao in Champions League
Copa del Rey won again as Bilbao and Barca serve up another thriller
UNDEFEATED LEAGUE SEASON!!!!!!!!
Player awards dominated by Bilbao
Mazzarri takes over at Valladolid (forgot to say Rijkaard replaced him at Real Madrid)

Finally we got the unbeaten season (only lost 3 games - away in Europe - all season, net aim unbeaten season completely!) but had a scary moment against Espanyol as we were a goal and a man down at half time but Markel Susaeta struck in his last game before retirement beckoned! The cup final was a classic even if Barca fielded a reserve side and we were without Aitor Herrera.

The Champions League final saw ourselves and Chelsea compwting for it the 2nd year in a row and this time it was much more entertaining. We went a goal down but got a late equaliser through a Garcia penalty. Chelsea went ahead in extra time but sub Ordonez Lopez and then Santano struck in the last 5min to win the cup!

2 side notes - Vadillo still wants to leave (his value has dropped from £26m to £12m while on loan!) and Muniain will miss the World Cup through injury.

Copa del Rey Final
Barcelona 3-4 Athletic Bilbao
Muniain 2, Garcia, Papadopoulos (og)

Athletic Bilbao 5-0 Atletico Madrid
San Jose, Muniain, Herrera, Barandiaran, Sanz

Athletic Bilbao 2-1 Espanyol
Garcia, Susaeta

UEFA Champions League Final
Athletic Bilbao 3-2 Chelsea (aet)
Garcia (pen), Ordonez Lopez, Santano

PLAYER OF THE SEASON
AITOR HERRERA
View attachment 242164
(just pips Perez Villarroya)

View attachment 242165View attachment 242166View attachment 242167View attachment 242168

END OF SEASON AWARDS
Spanish, Liga BBVA Player of the Year - Aitor Herrera
Spanish Young Player of the Year - Gaspar Perez Villarroya
Liga BBVA Goalkeeper of the Year - David
Manager of the Year

WOOOO!!! Undefeated league season! Nice job
Will this be your last season as Bilbao manager?

WOOOO!!! Undefeated league season! Nice job
Will this be your last season as Bilbao manager?

No, I may stop playing this save for a week or two but I will come back to it. Got a World Cup to win first though!

images

WORLD CUP SQUAD AND FRIENDLIES
Friendlies

Brazil 3-0 Spain

Argentina 1-3 Spain
Vadillo, Garcia 2

Uruguay 1-1 Spain
Ugalde

SQUAD

Goalkeepers
David De Gea (Manchester United)
David (Athletic Bilbao)
Sergio Asenjo (Atletico Madrid)

Defenders
Cesar Azpilicueta (Athletic Bilbao)
Angel De la Torre (Athletic Bilbao)
Ekain Barandiaran (Athletic Bilbao)
Mikel San Jose (Athletic Bilbao)
Ezequiel Munoz (AC Milan)
Jose Angel (Roma)
Jon Alonso (Athletic Bilbao)
Oscar Ugalde (Athletic Bilbao)

Midfielders
Ander Herrera (Real Madrid)
Aitor Herrera (Athletic Bilbao)
Pedro Jose Cidoncha (Athletic Bilbao)
Alvaro Vadillo (Napoli)
Juan Carlos (Bayern Munich)
Gaspar Perez Villarroya (Athletic Bilbao)
Andoni Santano (Athletic Bilbao)
Oscar Pablo Cano (AC Milan)
Javi Martinez (Real Madrid)
Thiago (Barcelona)

FORWARDS
Fermin Garcia (Athletic Bilbao)
Jose Carlos Sanz (Athletic Bilbao)

PLAYERS MISSING OUT: Muniain, Alfredo, Ordonez Lopez, Gomez (Athletic Bilbao), Granell (Las Palmas), Fabio (Real Sociedad), Fernandez de Cordoba (Villarreal), Ruiz (Real Madrid), Bojan (Barcelona), Jamelao (Marseille) and Albert (Levante)

I am posting this on the day of our 1st World Cup match v Australia and I find out Iker Muniain is fit! They refused to let me pick him when the squad announcement was made! Grrrrr.

images

WORLD CUP

Group H

Spain 3-1 Australia
Santano, Garcia 2

Line Up: De Gea, Azpilicueta, Barandiaran, San Jose, De la Torre, Santano (Ander Herrera), Cidoncha, Juan Carlos (Vadillo), Aitor Herrera, Perez Villarroya (Cano), Garcia*

Got a scare when we went a goal down but recovered well to get the win which was expected.

----------

Paraguay 2-2 Russia

---------

Spain 1-0 Russia
Sanz

Line Up: De Gea, Azpilicueta, Barandiaran, San Jose, De la Torre, Santano (Thiago), Cidoncha, Juan Carlos, Aitor Herrera, Perez Villarroya (Cano), Garcia (Sanz)

A hard fought win this with the winning goal coming in the last ten minutes. Unfortunately Perez Villarroya got injured and is out for two weeks. This win has made us qualify through to the knockout stages.

---------

Australia 1-2 Paraguay

---------

Spain 2-0 Paraguay
Vadillo 2

Line Up: David, Alonso, Barandiaran (Ugalde), Munoz, De la Torre (Jose Angel), Ander Herrera, Cidoncha (Javi Martinez), Vadillo*, Aitor Herrera, Cano, Sanz

Success for Spain as we finish with a 100% record. Rested a few players also so it was nice to come out with a win! Ghana up next.....

---------

Australia
1-3 Russia

View attachment 242186

(next update in a couple of hours - needs must and the need is beer! lol - oh and picking up my daughter)

Easy in the group stage! Looking forward to seeing if you pick up the World Cup again.

images

WORLD CUP

1st Round

Ghana 0-4 Spain
Vadillo, Garcia 2, Santano

Line Up: De Gea, Azpilicueta, Barandiaran, San Jose (Munoz), De la Torre, Santano, Cidoncha (Javi Martinez), Vadillo, Aitor Herrera, Cano (Sanz), Garcia*

Comfortable win and a great result but........... Sanz's tournament is over and we have drawn Holland in the next round. Aitor Herrera has been very quiet. Hmmmm

----------

South Africa 0-2 Portugal
Italy 1-2 Mexico
Chile 0-2 Brazil
Croatia 2-0 Ukraine
Czech Republic 0-1 Holland
Denmark 1-4 England
Russia 1-5 France

WELL DONE MEXICO!!!!!

Im just about to take over Bilbao after the world cup in 2014, they still have all the main players, infact they havent sold anyone from main team since beginning of save. can u suggest a tactic?? i usually use a 442 wingers.

Im just about to take over Bilbao after the world cup in 2014, they still have all the main players, infact they havent sold anyone from main team since beginning of save. can u suggest a tactic?? i usually use a 442 wingers.

Just the one I use - 4 at the back, 2 cm, 2 advanced wingers one AM and one forward. Not many good Basque strikers around really

images

WORLD CUP

Quarter Finals

Holland 1-3 Spain
Barandiaran, Santano, Cidoncha

Line Up: De Gea, Azpilicueta*, Barandiaran, San Jose, De la Torre (Jose Angel), Santano, Cidoncha, Vadillo, Aitor Herrera, Cano, Garcia

Great win but Holland went down to ten men and had 3 people taken off injured so there would have been something very much wrong if we couldnt capitalise on that!

----------

Portugal 0-1 Croatia
Brazil 3-0 Mexico
England 0-0 France
(France won on pens)

images

WORLD CUP

Semi Finals

Brazil 2-0 Spain

Line Up: De Gea, Azpilicueta, Barandiaran, San Jose, De la Torre (Jose Angel), Cidoncha, Santano, Vadillo (Juan Carlos), Aitor Herrera, Cano, Garcia (Ander Herrera)

Didnt turn up - choked - bottled it - ****** awful!

----------

Croatia 0-4 France

----------

3/4 Play-Off

Spain 2-1 Croatia
San Jose, Thiago

Line Up
: David, Alonso, Munoz (Ugalde), San Jose, De la Torre, Cidoncha, Santano, Vadillo (Juan Carlos), Aitor Herrera, Perez Villarroya, Garcia (Thiago)

3rd place won! Croatia went down to ten men after they equalised so was fairly easy after that.

-----------

Final

France 2-1 Brazil

-----------

World Cup Best Player - Balla Camara (France)
World Cup Best Young Player - Domagoj Bogomolec (Croatia)

DREAM TEAM
Hugo Lloris (France)
Joel Derrien (France)
Mauricio (Brazil)
Mamadou Sakho (France)
Phil Jones (England)
Alvaro Vadillo (Spain)
Neymar (Brazil)
Anthony Giraud (France)
Milton Mendes (Portugal)
Balla Camara (France)
Denis Caradec (France)

(Azpilicueta and Santano were named on the bench)

Unlucky :/ but at the end of the day it's Brazil.. No shame in losing to Brazil lol

Unlucky :/ but at the end of the day it's Brazil.. No shame in losing to Brazil lol

Yeah, didnt get sacked cos the board understood that it was Brazil we lost against. Didnt enjoy the World Cup for some reason, saw it as a distraction really

Could you please upload ur tactic as I hav read all 52 pages of your story and may I say that you r a God of FM.

Great Story keep it up mate!!!

Could you please upload ur tactic as I hav read all 52 pages of your story and may I say that you r a God of FM.

Great Story keep it up mate!!!

****** ****!! You read all 52 pages!!!!! That is some going! How long did that take? Anyways I will put up the pics of my tactics. I dont do shouts or nowt like that - what you see here is what it is. I just play players in their favourite roles. No set player instructions - just kept it simple really.

View attachment 242369

View attachment 242370

I should add that the AMC should be as an advanced playmaker not attacking midfielder. Must have played Sanz there and not Herrera in my last game.