images

APRIL

League title wrapped up with 4 games left to play
Bilbao just sneak past Lyon on away goals
Alfredo comes back from injury and gets his 6th hat-trick of the season
Bilbao to play Chelsea in the Champions League final

A fine month all round culminating in ourselves booking a spot in yet another Champions League final! We almost didnt make it though as we were horrendous against Lyon and only sneaked through on away goals. Manchester United didnt cause us any problems though.

The league was wrapped up with the win over Sevilla so my backup players will finish off the league campaign although I will play Alfredo to get him game time before the upcoming Euros!

Gimnastic 2-4 Athletic Bilbao
Herrera, Ayechu, Toni, Garmendia

UEFA Champions League QF 2nd Leg

Lyon 3-1 Athletic Bilbao
Izurza (pen)
(Athletic Bilbao win on away goals)

Athletic Bilbao 2-0 Espanyol
Perez Villarroya, Toni

Athletic Bilbao 5-0 Levante
Gutierrez, Izurza 2, Herrera 2

Sevilla 1-3 Athletic Bilbao
Gutierrez, Ayechu, Toni

UEFA Champions League SF 1st Leg
Manchester United 0-2 Athletic Bilbao
Izurza, Torres

Real Zaragoza 1-3 Athletic Bilbao
Alfredo 3

UEFA Champions League SF 2nd Leg

Athletic Bilbao 2-0 Manchester United
Izurza, Toni

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JOSE LUIS IZURZA

View attachment 256663

View attachment 256664

images

MAY - END OF SEASON

Herrera helps Bilbao destroy Chelsea in Champions League final
Valencia beaten in Copa del Rey final
Sociedad stun Bilbao by beating them 4-1!
Izurza, Alfredo, Torres and my goodself amongst the award winners

Almost a perfect end to the season, the derby against Real Sociedad spoiling it. In that match we were down to 10 men after 5min but still led at half time so I was pretty ****** off to lose 4-1. The Spanish Cup final was relatively easy and the Champions League final was a stroll despite Ruiz getting sent off. Aitor Herrera certainly loves his finals!!!!

Athletic Bilbao 4-1 Xerez
Alfredo 2, Toni, Damia

Copa del Rey Final
Valencia 1-3 Athletic Bilbao
Garmendia, Alfredo, Gutierrez

Real Sociedad 4-1 Athletic Bilbao
Gutierrez (pen)

Athletic Bilbao 5-2 Real Valladolid
Damia 3, Rogelio, Toni

UEFA Champions League Final

Athletic Bilbao 4-0 Osasuna
Perez Villarroya, Alfredo, Garmendia, Herrera

PLAYER OF THE SEASON
ALFREDO

View attachment 256693
(My guess has differed from the fans choice the last 2 years)

View attachment 256694View attachment 256695View attachment 256696View attachment 256697

AWARDS

Spanish Player of the Year/Best Player in Europe: Jose Luis Izurza
Spanish Young Player of the Year: Albert Torres
Top Spanish Goalscorer: Alfredo
Manager of the Year

AITOR HERRERA WATCH

View attachment 256698

Not getting the awards he used to and I keep getting told to drop him but that isnt going to happen as he still contributed to my success. Also it has to be remembered that he doesnt play against the rubbish teams as he gets rested in those. Toni is better than him and was excellent but his name isnt Aitor lol

Last edited:
images

SPAIN

PRE-EUROS FRIENDLIES AND SQUAD ANNOUNCEMENT

Croatia 1-1 Spain
Garmendia

Denmark 0-3 Spain
Izurza 2, Gutierrez

Spain 4-1 Israel
Izurza, Alfredo 3

SQUAD

Goalkeepers
Eduardo Bernal (Real Sociedad) Uncapped
David (Athletic Bilbao) 123
Joaquin Esteban (Barcelona) 1

Defenders
Jon Bergara (Athletic Bilbao) 25
Angel De la Torre (Valencia) 145/1
Oceano Hondo N'Dongo (Athletic Bilbao) 114/21
Reginaldo (Palermo) 9/1
Gontzal Ruiz (Athletic Bilbao) 78/1
Salva (Real Madrid) 9
Albert Torres (Athletic Bilbao) 42/2

Midfielders
Antonio (Barcelona) 7/1
Pedro Jose Cidoncha (Barcelona) 182/13
Unai Garmendia (Athletic Bilbao) 78/15
Jaume Gutierrez (Athletic Bilbao) 51/7
Aitor Herrera (Athletic Bilbao) 231/67
Jose Luis Izurza (Athletic Bilbao) 82/37

Muralha (Atletico Madrid) 23/1
Gaspar Perez Villarroya (Athletic Bilbao) 119/32
Toni (Athletic Bilbao) 23/1
Juan Pedro Vinas (Athletic Bilbao) 22

Forwards
Alfredo (Athletic Bilbao) 68/22
Jose Fernandez (Atletico Madrid) 12/8
Fermin Garcia (Atletico Madrid) 168/111

Missing Out
: Rogelio, Damia, Ayechu, Sesma (Bilbao), M.Ruiz (Chelsea), E.Ruiz, Higinio (Espanyol), Poyuelo (Barcelona), Martinez Cid (Atletico Madrid), Melendez (R.Sociedad), Floria Valadez, D'Amico, Sanchez de la Calle (Sevilla), Sosa, Bona (R.Valladolid)

All caps/goals are the totals after the Israel game. De la Torre tore his hamstring against Denmark and is out for a few months yet I cannot call up a replacement! ******* joke. Short on defenders now!

Alfredo scored his first goal in 4 years for Spain against Israel! Aitor Herrera has a silly amount of caps but Gontzal Ruiz may overtake him in time as he is only 23. Torres is only 21 and can give it a good shot also.

Last edited:
images

UEFA European Championship 2032

(in Belgium)

Group B

Spain 3-1 Portugal
Alfredo 2, Garmendia
Line Up: David, Ruiz, Torres, Hondo N'Dongo, Bergara (Reginaldo), Cidoncha, Garmendia, Izurza, Herrera (Toni), Perez Villarroya (Antonio), Alfredo*

A good start except that Ruiz got sent-off. I cannot afford to have any defenders miss matches as none of my midfielders can help. Grrrrrrr

Poland 0-2 Slovenia

----------

Slovenia 0-3 Spain
Garmendia, Perez Villarroya, Alfredo

Line Up
: David, Reginaldo (Muralha), Torres (Salva), Hondo N'Dongo, Bergara. Cidoncha (Vinas), Garmendia, Izurza, Herrera, Perez Villarroya, Alfredo*

Ruiz got an extra 2 match ban so when Reginaldo got injured I was swearing at my laptop like never before. Why I wasnt allowed to call up a replacement for De la Torre when there was still a friendly left before the tournament started I dont know - it might cost us in the end.

Oh and we played well. lol

Portugal 2-0 Poland

-----------

Poland 2-3 Spain
Perez Villarroya 2, Toni

Line Up: David, Muralha, Torres, Hondo N'Dongo, Bergara (Salva), Cidoncha, Garmendia (Toni), Izurza, Herrera, Perez Villarroya*, Alfredo (Garcia)

A topsy turvy game as Poland fought back twice before we finally got the winner. Cant blame emergency right back Muralha (AMRC/ST is his positions) as he played quite well.

Slovenia 2-0 Portugal

View attachment 256741

AND ANOTHER THING...... (real life observation)
Got to say that the formula for the Euros form Euro 16 is an absolute joke - 24 countries is far too much and to have 4 3rd place teams go through from the group stage devalues it. Good for Scotland though! lol

In the tournament I am playing Italy, Holland and Portugal finished 3rd and went through. Grrrrrr

images

UEFA EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIPS 2032

2nd ROUND

Portugal 0-1 Spain
Garmendia

Line Up
: David, Muralha, Salva*, Hondo N'Dongo, Torres, Cidoncha (Toni), Garmendia, Izurza, Herrera, Perez Villarroya (Gutierrez), Alfredo (Fernandez)

More moaning here..... How can I draw ****** Portugal when I just played them in my group? lol. Bergara joined Ruiz being suspended so played a right winger at right back and my centre half Torres at left back (he is competent there). We played ok and Izurza had a goal disallowed just after we scored.

Belgium 1-3 Italy
England 3-1 Russia
Germany 3-0 Slovenia
France 1-1Slovakia
(France won on pens)
Serbia 1-0 Holland
Czech. Republic 2-0 Croatia
Scotland 0-2 Sweden

images

Quarter Finals

Spain 4-2 Italy (aet)
Garmendia, Izurza (pen), Alfredo, Salva

Line Up: David, Ruiz, Torres (Salva), Hondo N'Dongo, Bergara (Reginaldo), Cidoncha, Garmendia (Toni), Izurza, Herrera, Perez Villarroya, Alfredo

What a match! We took the lead and then Izurza had one chalked off. Italy levelled but then Perez Villarroya got sent-off. Within 5min we got a penalty which Izurza tucked away. Italy went down to 10men when their last sub got stretchered off but they still managed to equalise in the last minute. In extra-time Garmendia got taken off injured which rules him out for the rest of the tournament but we ended up winning thanks to Alfredo and Salva.

Redaelli and Herrera were poor in this game - Herrera got 1 assist and that was it.

England 2-1 Germany
Czech. Republic 0-1 Sweden
Serbia 2-3 France

images

Semi-Finals

Spain 1-0 France
Bergara

Line Up: David, Ruiz, Torres, Hondo N'Dongo, Bergara, Cidoncha (Vinas), Toni, Izurza (Muralha), Herrera, Gutierrez, Alfredo (Garcia)

For the third game in a row Izurza had a goal disallowed! We completely dominated and deservedly got the winner 9min from time when Bergara headed in a Herrera corner.

One bad point though - Cidoncha got injured and will miss the final. As will Ruiz, Hondo N'Dongo, Izurza and of course De la Torre and Garmendia!

England
2-1 Sweden

Last edited:
images

Final

England
2-2 Spain (aet)
Gutierrez, Alfredo
(aet Spain won 3-2 on penalties)

SHOOT-OUT
Spain - Vinas (S), Antonio (S), Garcia (M), Toni (S)
England - Darlow (M),
Paterson (S), Curran (S), Deane (M), Henney (M)

Line Up: David, Reginaldo, Torres (Antonio), Salva, Bergara (Garcia), Vinas, Toni, Gutierrez, Herrera (Muralha), Perez Villarroya, Alfredo

England:
Piper, Paterson, Barnett (Darlow), Cracknell (Curran), Henney, Brookes, Deane, Hasan, Burchell (Leggett), Gordon*, Edwards
Scorers: Burchell, Gordon

Incredible game! Added to the 6 players missing Aitor needed a rest but I had to pick him anyway due to his habit of producing magic in the big finals. 2 of my 6 subs were goalies also.

We were 2 down by the 38th min but were level before half-time somehow. In the 2nd half Reginaldo picked up a knock and in the 30secs it took me to decide who to throw on for him he got sent off! We were the better side though and England went down to 10 men in the last minute.

We dominated extra time and surprise surprise we had a goal disallowed through Alfredo. I kept my last 2 subs until the very end with the penalty shoot-out in mind as Antonio and Garcia had 19 and 17 respectively for penalty taking and it worked a treat!

When we won the last World Cup we were awful and got the easiest route ever but here we played well, had 4 goals chalked off, played some tough teams and all this with horrendous injury and suspension problems.

AWARDS
Best Player - Andrew Foster (England)
Golden Boot - Andrew Foster (England)

DREAM TEAM
David (Spain)
Paterson (England)
Hondo N'Dongo (Spain)
Salva (Spain)
Bergara (Spain)
Gordon (England)
Herrera (Spain)
Garmendia (Spain)

Urosev (Russia)
Bernhardt (Germany)
Foster (England)

Good old Aitor!!! Izurza, Alfredo, Perez Villarroya and Toni were named amongst the substitutes.

Noticed that peeps arent commenting so much (although I do post a lot in a short period at times) - should I just start my Newcastle story now or keep this going until Aitor finally decides to call it a day? Maybe its getting boring to read since I win everything all the time usually.

Not going to delete the save - and might even play the odd month during the Newcastle save

100% up to you. I am still following all the way! Was going to ask when you posted your Spain squad up. Only one Real Madrid player called up? They still spending major money on players from all over the world and not to many good Spanish players? If you decided to start your Newcastle game I am sure people will follow that and also keep an eye out for if this ever comes back. Maybe a sneaky Aitor edit in to your Newcastle game though lol.

I'm still following pal. Really looking forward to your Newcastle story too, its up to you mate

Well I will keep it going for a wee while yet then - no doubt if I started the Newcastle story today De Jong, Douglas and Debuchy would sign tomorrow! lol.

Busy editing the Italian league for my database anyways - so many loans!!!!! Done all the co-ownerships though

100% up to you. I am still following all the way! Was going to ask when you posted your Spain squad up. Only one Real Madrid player called up? They still spending major money on players from all over the world and not to many good Spanish players? If you decided to start your Newcastle game I am sure people will follow that and also keep an eye out for if this ever comes back. Maybe a sneaky Aitor edit in to your Newcastle game though lol.

All the good youngsters end up getting released usually - Martin Ruiz is at Chelsea although he was sold for big money. They have a load of Dutch and Germans, a decent Welsh striker who is usually their top scorer. Valencia are the big spenders usually now.

images

PRE-SEASON/AUGUST/OLYMPICS

Aitor Herrera gets convinced to stay on playing for Spain

B team manager leaves to manage Elche
Only one change to the 1st team squad
Tottenham defeated in the Euro Super Cup
I lead Spain to Olympic gold

AIMS
To lose something lol - just kidding - unbeaten league season please

PLAYERS IN
Quite excited with some of the youngsters I brought in. All will be in the youth team this coming season. These are the best ones:
View attachment 256964View attachment 256966View attachment 256967View attachment 256965
TOTAL SPENT: £6.5m

PLAYERS OUT
Valcarcel was sold to Napoli while Jesus left for Real Betis. There was also several loan deals with Barrenetxea being the most notable.
TOTAL INCOME: £8.25m

SUMMARY

With Barrenetxea left I have called up 18 y/o Sergio Martin to be my backup right back - that is my only change to the first team squad. Got a very very settled team.

-------------

Spanish Super Cup Final 1st Leg

Athletic Bilbao 1-1 Valencia
Garmendia

Athletic Bilbao 2-0 Alaves
Torres, Perez Villarroya

UEFA European Super Cup Final
Athletic Bilbao 3-0 Tottenham Hotspur
Garmendia, Izurza, Damia

------------

SPAIN U23s in the Olympics

GROUP STAGE

Spain 3-1 Morocco
Alcalde (pen), Rogelio, Martin

Uruguay 0-5 Spain
Alvarez Rodriguez, Edu 2, Rebollo (og), Garcia

Iran 0-3 Spain
Alcalde 2, Salehnia (og)

Quarter Final

Cameroon 0-3 Spain
Alcalde, Garcia, Arana

Semi Final

Spain 2-1 Italy
Alcalde, Alonso Abad

Final

Spain 2-1 France
Alcalde, Martinez Blazquez

Bilbao players involved were Abel, Alcalde, Ruiz, Pinillos, Rogelio, Garcia, Busto and new signing Sanchez.

If i was in your boots i'd keep going till Aitor retires, especially since he's been the most important single player in a story ever then maybe start the Newcastle save with the manager as "Aitor Herrera" as we were talking about the other day.

DO your u19's always win there league? have they ever hit the magic 200 goals in a season?

If i was in your boots i'd keep going till Aitor retires, especially since he's been the most important single player in a story ever then maybe start the Newcastle save with the manager as "Aitor Herrera" as we were talking about the other day.

DO your u19's always win there league? have they ever hit the magic 200 goals in a season?

Yeah - they win it every year - even when the squad only has 3 defenders! lol. I remember them getting 160 odd goals so havent got near 200 yet.

I was going to call myself Aitor Herrera for the Newcastle save but Aitor is Bilbao through and through. Plus I have plans for the Newcastle save as it will be a bit more personal so to speak.

In fm13 though I will do a Bilbao save and I will call myself Aitor then.

I still follow, even if commenting little. With the euros being a time I give football a chance watching every game (except Spain's past five minutes with exception of final phases, since their playing style bores me a lot) other things have got pushed and haven't had much chance to read this at times.

I would continue until Aitor decides to retire, see how big a career he gets.

I seen on another thread that there was a SS of Messi retiring, and it gave this guy the option to retire the number 10 shirt for him. If Aitor has had the same shirt number every season, then I'm sure you will be able to retire that number. I'm liking the Idea for fm13 and Bilbao, I'm looking forward to it!

I seen on another thread that there was a SS of Messi retiring, and it gave this guy the option to retire the number 10 shirt for him. If Aitor has had the same shirt number every season, then I'm sure you will be able to retire that number. I'm liking the Idea for fm13 and Bilbao, I'm looking forward to it!

Yeah I saw that - I am sure Aitor has had the number 8 since his first full season so I would like to think we would retire the number. Not that he is going to retire like! lol. Just got his staff attributes and they are not too bad.

images

Even Timmy Mallett is a fan lol

SEPTEMBER

Bilbao concede 5 in Spanish Super Cup Final!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Easiest Champions League Group draw ever for Bilbao
Sergio Ayechu wants to leave - not bothered - cheerio at the end of the season!
Malaga beat Real Madrid 7-2 somehow
Old man Aitor scores in both of Spain's victories

I am possibly wrong but surely there cant have been too many months where we have scored more goals as we averaged 5 a game and had a couple disallowed! Special kudos to my backup players though as having drawn against Olympiakos, Austria Vienna and Hapoel Tel-Aviv they will play in all the Champions League group games and in the 2 games so far they have scored 14!!

Spanish Super Cup Final 2nd Leg
Valencia 5-5 Athletic Bilbao
Izurza 2, Gutierrez, Damia, Alfredo
(Athletic Bilbao win on away goals)

Athletic Bilbao 4-0 Levante
Izurza, Hondo N'Dongo, Perez Villarroya, Alfredo

UEFA Champions League Group B
Athletic Bilbao 6-1 Olympiakos
Ayechu 3, Salinas, Alcalde 2

Real Valladolid 1-3 Athletic Bilbao
Torres, Alfredo, Vinas (pen)

Granada 1-4 Athletic Bilbao