Chuck up a picture of your latest ridiculous regen

It is there as an attachment 232025 link. Another nightshift tonight so will post the end of season update tomorrow. A crazy summer so far (although I did text you about some of it!).

images

May - End of Season
Athletic Bilbao win Europa League
Inter Milan win Champions League
Muniain young player of the year
Real Zaragoza and Racing Santander go down
Kris Stuart manager of the year

A successful end to the season. Fought off Barcelona to finish 2nd as although we slipped up they lost 4-1 away to Real Betis! I bring my first trophy to Athletic Bilbao by winning the Europa League.

A good season all round. Some great performances, a crazy goal scoring centre half and the nurturing of the young talent (AITOR HERRERA!!) made the season highly enjoyable.

Athletic Bilbao 3-1 Getafe
Llorente, Lopo (og), Vadillo

Europa League Final

Athletic Bilbao 2-1 Bayer Leverkusen
Llorente, San Jose

Levante 2-1 Athletic Bilbao
Llorente

View attachment 232376View attachment 232377View attachment 232378View attachment 232379

SUPPORTERS PLAYER OF THE YEAR
IKER MUNIAIN
images

Away for a sleep now (have played up to October while at work) will post the pre-season in the afternoon.

Great read, i couldn't see the picture of the regen though :(, and congrats on your euorpa league win! looking forward to next season :)

images
images

Pre-Season/August

Spain crash out in Euro's group stage - Del Bosque gone
Scotland beat England en route to final!!!!!
Portugal win European Championships
Guardiola takes over Spain - Marcelo Lippi arrives in Barcelona

A crazy summer! Never seen Scotland do so well! Anyways Bilbao wise it was all go, go, go with several players leaving and my one notable arrival had the supporters up in arms!
First of all leaving the club were fans favourite Toquero (£1.6m), David Lopez (£1.5m), Raul Fernandez (£1.1m) and there were loan moves for Gurpegi and Castillo. Among the released were Gabilondo, Ustaritz and Orbaiz.

INCOMING
images

Natxo Monreal arrived from Malaga for £9m. The fans were not happy insisting that I paid too much but I needed another left back and the only other player I could spend money on was Ruffier of St.Etienne. Monreal promptly gets injured for 2 months within a week of joining!!!!

Also coming in was 17 y/o Moises from Villarreal for £3m. I had a pre-contract agreement since my 1st day at the club basically. Riesgo joined as my new backup keeper for £975k and I spent £2m on a regen from Villarreal.

PRE-SEASON INJURY!
Along with Monreal, Ander Herrera will miss the 1st few months of the season which will give Aitor Herrera a regular starting role for a while (quietly happy).

SEASON AIMS

Finish in top 4 (chances of winning title are remote and will still be tough to split the big 2 again)
Win a trophy - once I win one I expect at least one every year
Further develop my youngsters

THE SEASON BEGINS
images

Athletic Bilbao 4-1 Real Valladolid
San Jose 2, Muniain, Llorente

UEFA European Super Cup Final
Athletic Bilbao 1-0 Inter Milan (aet)
Muniain
9k=

a very well presented story...i was thinking of making a story with ath.bilbao...just a few days back... but u really smashed this in... enjoyed it !! ...by the way..wats wrong with valencia and malaga ?? :/

a very well presented story...i was thinking of making a story with ath.bilbao...just a few days back... but u really smashed this in... enjoyed it !! ...by the way..wats wrong with valencia and malaga ?? :/

Thanks. Valencia were shocking last year but somehow made it to European Cup Final! As for Malaga I dunno really. In the summer Valencia signed Barnetta and Malaga spent £12m on Cortez but they took in nearly £40m so you would imagine be a weaker team.

images

September
  • Bilbao get easy Champions League group (Porto, Zenit, BATE)
  • Real Madrid invincible once again!
An almost excellent month apart from the capitulation away to Real Betis where we threw away a 2 goal lead in the last 20min. However on paper games against Atletico, Valencia and Villarreal are tough so pleased to come away with 3 comfortable wins. Barca away next month though!

Deportivo La Coruna 1-3 Athletic Bilbao
Kokalovic (og), Aitor Herrera, San Jose (pen)

Athletic Bilbao 1-0 Atletico Madrid
De Marcos

UEFA Champions League Group D
Athletic Bilbao 1-0 FC Porto
Alex Sandro (og)

Real Betis 3-2 Athletic Bilbao
Llorente, Muniain

Athletic Bilbao 3-1 Valencia
Muniain, Benat, Llorente

Villarreal 0-4 Athletic Bilbao
Monreal, Amorebieta, Vadillo, Susaeta

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
IKER MUNIAIN
images

(no stand outs to be fair)

View attachment 232423

Last edited:
images

October
Barcelona outclass 9 man Bilbao
Real Madrid just keep on winning
Copa del Rey - First leg embarrasing results for Atletico/Real Madrid

Bit of the good, the bad and ugly really. Good? Aitor Herrera has been amazing although didnt score and only got a couple of assists but always has a high rating (7.80 against Barca). The bad? Throwing away another 2 goal lead to Osasuna and the ugly would be the 2 red cards against Barca and one against Zenit. Safe to say the title wont be coming to us!

Zenit St.Petersburg 1-1 Athletic Bilbao
Llorente

Barcelona 2-0 Athletic Bilbao

Athletic Bilbao 2-0 Malaga
Llorente 2

Athletic Bilbao 2-1 BATE Borisov
Diaz de Cerio 2

Osasuna 3-3 Athletic Bilbao
San Jose, Muniain 2

Copa del Rey 4th Round 1st Leg
Extremadura 0-3 Athletic Bilbao
Vadillo, De Marcos, Moises

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
AITOR HERRERA
View attachment 232503
View attachment 232506

Great Story, just wondering how you managed to sign Jorge Espericueta and he was at the club straight away? I always get him at the end of the season.

Great Story, just wondering how you managed to sign Jorge Espericueta and he was at the club straight away? I always get him at the end of the season.

He wasn't at the club straight away he was just available. Whether its cos of my database or not I am not sure or if its the update as I have noticed a few changes like before I could get Rochina from Blackburn for £1.5m and now its 3 times that. Also when I sold David Lopez to Malaga, 3 days later I did a player search and he was transfer listed! Never seen that before.

November
  • Benitez says bye bye to Valencia again
  • Ruffier to join Athletic Bilbao next season for £10m
  • Real Madrid make it 12 wins out of 12
  • Atletico Madrid in bottom 3
A great month. Got an influx of cash so signed my goalie for next season Ruffier. Played well in every match apart from against Real Madrid as we should have lost 12-2! A great result away to Porto was the high point. Thinking of dropping Benat for Ander Herrera when he comes back so Aitor Herrera will play every week!

Xerez 0-2 Athletic Bilbao
Llorente 2

BATE Borisov 1-4 Athletic Bilbao
Ekiza, Moises, Diaz de Cerio, Saul

Athletic Bilbao 3-0 Sporting Gijon
San Jose, Javi Martinez, Llorente

Copa del Rey 4th Round 2nd Leg
Athletic Bilbao 6-0 Extremadura U.D.
De Marcos, Vadillo, Aitor Herrera, Iturraspe, Laporte, Iraola

Real Madrid 3-2 Athletic Bilbao
Susaeta 2

FC Porto 0-3 Athletic Bilbao
Susaeta 2, Muniain

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JON AURTENETXE

(he was the only player to play in every single game apart from my gk)

Thanks everyone. While at work last night I played until the end of February so will post a few updates. If anyone has any recommendations or wants to see a specific screenie let me know

images

DECEMBER
  • 2 more Italian managers arrive - Donadoni at Valencia, Montella at Betis
  • El Classico ends in a draw and then Real Madrid lose 5-3 to Malaga
  • Rijkaard comes to Espanyol
  • Athletic Bilbao get drawn against Paris St.Germain in the Champions League

A great month topped off with a derby victory has put us back in the title race. We left it late by scoring 2 in injury time against Levante but other than that we performed well. The board gave me £20m to spend quite pointlessly as although Arteta wants to come to me I dont want him. Can only see me spending money on any new 16 y/o regens in March or Griezmann at Sociedad which isnt likely to happen.

Athletic Bilbao 2-1 Sevilla
Benat, Muniain

Athletic Bilbao 2-0 Mallorca
Aitor Herrera, Susaeta

Levante 1-3 Athletic Bilbao
Llorente 2, Vadillo

Athletic Bilbao 4-4 Zenit St. Petersburg
Bruno Alves (og), De Marcos, Aitor Herrera, Diaz de Cerio

Athletic Bilbao 3-1 Real Sociedad
Muniain, Susaeta, Inigo Martinez (og)

Athletic Bilbao 3-0 Getafe
Aitor Herrera, Muniain 2

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
IKER MUNIAIN
images

View attachment 232627

Centring all of the post would make it alot easier on the eye and perhaps a different front, seems too scattered now

images

January
Mascherano signs for Man City (£34.5m)
Real Madrid get thumped by Mallorca
Riesgo leaves Bilbao for Real Madrid
Athletic Bilbao crash out of the cup

A horrible month! Decided to start both Herrera's and drop Benat to the bench but I wouldnt put my poor results down to that. We dominated teams and couldnt finish them off with Llorente struggling to score. Riesgo wanted to leave so I made a small profit on him and brought in 2 regens - 1 from Barca and 1 from Roma - not a patch on Aitor Herrera though!!!

Copa del Rey 5th Round 1st Leg
Granada 1-3 Athletic Bilbao
Llorente 2, Vadillo

Copa de Rey 5th Round 2nd Leg
Athletic Bilbao 3-3 Granada
De Marcos, San Jose, Aitor Herrera

Athletic Bilbao 0-0 Espanyol

Copa del Rey QF 1st Leg
Atletico Madrid 1-2 Athletic Bilbao
Susaeta 2

Granada 2-1 Athletic Bilbao
Aitor Herrera