What an achievement winning the Champions League with Bilbao! CONGRATS![/QUOTE

Cheers but as I say it wasnt too difficult. Easy group and if you compared the two teams I would say I was even with PSG and you couldnt get an easier QF draw than Dynamo Kiev. As for Barca they play a different formation under Lippi and arent as good so Man City was the only stiff challenge. Not that I am complaining though.

Nah the rep and money gained will surely help with your clubs future so I wouldnt complain either :p

images

SPAIN FAIL IN CONFEDERATIONS CUP
GUARDIOLA SACKED
STUART APPOINTED!!
After losing 3-0 to Portugal in the Confederations Cup Spain sacked their manager Pep Guardiola and within 2 days appointed my goodself! A day later I managed Spain to victory in the 3rd/4th place play-off against Uruguay winning 2-1 with Javi Martinez and David Villa scoring.

View attachment 232989

I take over with Spain 3 clear of France in their qualifying group with a game in hand so that is dandy. I will rejig some of the staff and I can guarantee that Aitor Herrera, Iker Muniain and Alvaro Vadillo will get their more than deserved 1st caps. Also I will play the same formation as my club side.

Off the top of my head my first XI would be - Casillas, Ramos, Pique, San Jose, Jose Angel, Xavi, Fabregas, Silva, Iniesta, Muniain, Torres

(At the moment Llorente, Susaeta, Javi Martinez, San Jose, Azpilicueta, and Ander Herrera are squad regulars)

Should be fun!

In other news Marcelo Lippi has retired and I have been linked with the Barca job but have not been offered it yet. With Guardiola available could a return be on the cards?

images

Hope you stay at Athletic. Well done winning the Champs League!! Few updates on mine if you fancy having a look

Hope you stay at Athletic. Well done winning the Champs League!! Few updates on mine if you fancy having a look

Nah I wouldnt leave Bilbao. I wouldnt leave Aitor Herrera! lol. Just going to post an update on mine then take a look at yours. Yours is a far better read than mine!

images

PRE SEASON/AUGUST

• [*=center]Guardiola returns to the Camp Nou
Stuart chases Liverpool right back
Real Madrid win Super Cup

• [*=center]Bilbao retain European Super Cup

SEASON AIMS
Win the Club World Cup
Reduce the gap between us and Real Madrid
Be better against Sociedad and ****** Osasuna!
Qualify for World Cup

PLAYERS IN
Stephane Ruffier finally arrived from St.Etienne for £10m to be my new first choice keeper. The only other main signing was Imanol Agirretxe for £875k from Atletico Madrid. He will be my back up striker. Other than that it was just a few regens but nobody special. Mikel Arteta is transfer listed but I am not interested. Total spend £14.5m with over £30m left.

There is however a regen I am desperate to get. Lorenzo del Cid from Liverpool. I have until January to sign him before he turns 17. Did offer him a contract but he rejected it and havent got him to talk since. Should I cheat and give him a cap for Spain so he wants to join us?

View attachment 232999

PLAYERS OUT
Gurpegi left permanently, Castillo on loan and Diaz de Cerio got released along with 20 or so B/C team players

AUGUST
Athletic Bilbao 1-0 Villareal
Aurtenetxe

UEFA European Super Cup Final
Athletic Bilbao 1-1 Sporting Lisbon
Aurtenetxe
(aet Athletic Bilbao won 4-2 on penalties)

SPAIN
FRIENDLY
Switzerland 0-1 Spain
Torres

Line Up: Casillas, Ramos, San Jose, Dominguez, Monreal, Fabregas, Xavi, David Silva, Iniesta, Muniain, Torres

Subs Used
Azpilicueta
Thiago
Llorente
Javi Martinez

Boring game only notable due to the first caps given to Muniain and Thiago.

images

Give him a cap, and you may become on of his favourite people, then he may want to come to you :D

Give him a cap, and you may become on of his favourite people, then he may want to come to you :D

I did, and I am but his agent must be a barsteward! lol. The fans are apparently planning demonstrations against me for calling him and Aitor Herrera up. Del Cid I can understand but Aitor Herrera? I dont think so!!! Surely the best regen player I have ever had.

images

SEPTEMBER

Barca 2-0 Real Madrid
Bilbao get Werder Bremen, Olympiakos and CSKA Moscow
Spain beat Belarus but lose to France

Some great victories in the league but we lost at home to Werder Bremen disappointingly although we did have a disallowed goal late on. Looking good so far though.

Spain wise the fans arent happy with me calling up Aitor Herrera(???) and Del Cid, they are apparently planning protests. I called up Del Cid to sign him but hasnt worked so far! We are level with France but with a game in hand.

Levante 2-5 Athletic Bilbao
San Jose (pen), Benat, Llorente 3

Athletic Bilbao 4-0 Espanyol
Llorente 2, San Jose, Aitor Herrera

UEFA Champions League Group D
Athletic Bilbao 1-2 Werder Bremen
Susaeta

Sporting Gijon 0-3 Athletic Bilbao
Ander Herrera, Muniain, Aitor Herrera

Atletico Madrid 2-1 Athletic Bilbao
Aitor Herrera

Athletic Bilbao 3-0 Real Betis
Vadillo, Canella (og), Muniain

View attachment 233083

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
AITOR HERRERA

View attachment 233091

SPAIN

World Cup Qualifiers
Spain 3-1 Belarus
Muniain 2, Torres
(Aitor Herrera wins 1st cap and gets sent off)

France 1-0 Spain

images

Last edited:
You love Aitor lol!

Indeed I do. My mate Darran (Stonecold on here, he is doing a story too) always says tat he never gets regens like I do even when we play online

I can see why the fans may be concerned by you calling up Del Cid, but not Aitor, he's a God!

I can see why the fans may be concerned by you calling up Del Cid, but not Aitor, he's a God!

Yeah, he is a decent regen but nothing overly special but with Iraola aging I will need a decent rb soon so I am putting on the charm offensive. Got 3 months..

Question

In your tactic, do you have Muniain playing as a winger, or behind the striker?

BTW, great story, I've been following for a while now.

In your tactic, do you have Muniain playing as a winger, or behind the striker?

BTW, great story, I've been following for a while now.

Cheers. Play him LW same with Spain. His natural position is AM but I played Ander Herrera there 1st season and Aitor Herrera there the 2nd. Might end up playing up front in a season or two if I dont get anyone in to replace Llorente!

I got Muniain on the left and sometimes sub him on as a AMC where he does well.

images

THE BUILDING WORK OF THE NEW STADIUM

OCTOBER
Spain World Cup bound
Aitor Herrera assists all 5 against Olympiakos
Ander Herrera out for at least a month

At half time against Olympiakos I was worrying as we were 1 down and looking at 1pt from 9 but the team came out and battered the Greeks in the 2nd half. San Jose scored 3 times this month and missed 2 penalties too! I put out a very young side against Alaves with Santano scoring on his debut.

Two comfortable wins for Spain despite lots of injuries and suspensions. Alvaro Vadillo won his 1st cap along with Inigo Martinez.

CSKA Moscow 2-2 Athletic Bilbao
Muniain, Llorente

Almeria 1-2 Athletic Bilbao
Esteban (og), Muniain

Athletic Bilbao 4-0 Deportivo La Coruna
Susaeta, San Jose, Benat, Llorente

Athletic Bilbao 5-1 Olympiakos
San Jose 2, Amorebieta, Llorente 2

Athletic Bilbao 2-1 Granada
Llorente, Iturraspe